|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the internal climate at Long-Term in 1998?
(c) The same as always.
2. Where did the private contracts Long-Term made in 1998 trade?
(a) In Russia.
(c) On the exchange.
3. In August 1998, how far down was Long-Term for the month?
4. When did the Russian market begin to fail?
(a) April 1998.
(b) May 1998.
(c) September 1998.
(d) August 1998.
5. What did Long-Term risk losing if they allowed their assets to fall below five hundred million dollars?
(a) Their relationships with bankers.
(b) The right to trade.
(c) Their workers.
(d) Their office.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1996, what was Meriwether encouraging Long-Term to do?
2. To create a paired-share, what is common stock partnered with?
3. How much money did Chase loan Long-Term so that they could continue to clear trades?
4. What was the leverage of Long-Term, following its meeting with the Fed?
5. In 1998, Long-Term expected prices to do what?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)