|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Long-Term begin scrambling to raise money?
(a) August 30.
(b) August 24.
(c) August 2.
(d) August 10.
2. In 1998, Long-Term expected prices to do what?
(d) Stay the same.
3. Once crisis hit, how many weeks did it take for the partners to lose $3.6 billion?
4. What was the first horrible month Long-Term had?
(a) July, 1998.
(b) June, 1998.
(c) It never had a horrible month.
(d) August, 1998.
5. What word did people often use to describe Long-Term?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Russia first experienced turmoil, Long-Term was confident that what would happen?
2. On what date did Russia declare a debt moratorium?
3. When did the Russian market begin to fail?
4. Who threatened to stop clearing the trades at Long-Term if their fund fell below a particular amunt?
5. In 1998, what type of contracts did Long-Term make with private entities?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)