|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Russian financial crisis, what caused further fluctuations in the market?
(a) Interest from the IRS.
(b) Interest from big oil.
(c) Small time investors.
(d) Panicked investors.
2. What did the Fed Chairman want to remove in an effort to create liquidity in the market?
(a) Trading rules.
(b) Short rules.
(c) Stock rules.
(d) Margin rules.
3. During the financial crisis in 1998, what did the partners keep from the workers?
4. What was the common belief regarding nuclear powers?
(a) They never default.
(b) They are not stable.
(c) They do not have capital.
(d) They always default.
5. What are some of the new markets Long-Term looked into in 1997?
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Long-Term met with the Fed, it was obvious they did not have enough money to make it through what?
2. During the turmoil of 1998, investors avoided Long-Term because they were trying to avoid what?
3. What factor was forcing those with hedge funds to sell?
4. In August 1998, how far down was Long-Term for the year-to-date?
5. What was Long-Term's signature trade?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)