|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tug-of-War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order for Meriwether's Treasury futures investment to work, what did he need market prices to do?
(a) None of these.
(c) Fluctuate drastically.
(d) Remain the same.
2. What type of funds gained popularity in the 1990's?
(b) Real estate.
3. Why did Long-Term trade in Italy?
(a) The tax write-off opportunity.
(b) Meriwether was Italian.
(c) It was a safe market.
(d) The opportunity for big returns.
4. By the end of 1996, what was the status of the credit financing Long-Term wanted?
(a) No one would finance them.
(b) All of these.
(c) They still did not have it.
(d) They had financing.
5. In 1996, Long-Term was two and a half times larger than what company?
(a) Fidelity Magellan.
(c) Bank of America.
(d) Lehman Brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1994, why did the price of bonds drop?
2. What hedge fund caused a pound devaluation in Europe but made over a billion dollars?
3. In 1996, what was Long-Term seeking from the bank that would handle their credit?
4. Who helped Meriwether raise money for Long-Term?
5. In 1996, who did Long-Term first approach to handle their credit?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)