|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On the Run.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1994, what market did Long-Term begin to express an interest in?
2. When Meriwether increased his position in Treasury futures, what did he expect the market to do?
(a) Rise sharply overnight.
(b) Drop substantially.
(d) Perform typically.
3. What unusual event happened when Meriwether began working with Treasury futures?
(a) The U.S. government collapsed.
(b) The price fell.
(c) He lost millions.
(d) The price rose.
4. Where was the London office for Long-Term located?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) Picadilly Square.
5. Who ran the London office for Long-Term?
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael Steindardt believed what was the "culprit in 1994"?
2. Who became the temporary CEO of Meriwether's group when scandal hit?
3. Where was the Long-Term Capital Portfolio stored?
4. What did Meriwether do with his staff?
5. Who gains from working with hedge funds?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)