|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedge Fund.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hedge fund caused a pound devaluation in Europe but made over a billion dollars?
(a) Quantum Fund.
(b) Treasury Fund.
(c) Endowment Fund.
(d) Millenium Fund.
2. In the 1970's, what type of trading was considered dull?
3. Who helped Meriwether raise money for Long-Term?
(a) No one.
(b) Merrill Lynch.
(c) Salomon Brothers.
(d) Warren Buffet.
4. What year did Meriwether hire Myron Scholes?
5. How much money did Meriwether need to start Long-Term?
(a) $50 million.
(b) $2.5 billion.
(d) $1 billion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was J.F. Eckstein & Co. primarily working on in 1979?
2. How was Meriwether's career affected following the Treasury bill deal?
3. What happened to Meriwether's Treasury bill deal before it was resolved?
4. How much did Long-Term plan to take from its profits?
5. Who became the temporary CEO of Meriwether's group when scandal hit?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)