|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dear Investors.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was J.F. Eckstein & Co. primarily working on in 1979?
(a) Treasury Bill futures.
2. What type of funds gained popularity in the 1990's?
(a) Real estate.
3. What is the method of paying a percentage of a bond called?
(a) A percentage price.
(b) A haircut.
(c) A trim.
(d) A bond fee.
4. What happened to Meriwether's Treasury bill deal before it was resolved?
(a) It fell apart.
(b) Huge gains.
(c) It remained steady.
(d) Big losses.
5. What company was Kapor the founder of?
(a) Finance Development International.
(b) Circuit Finance, Inc.
(c) Lochfield Growing Corporation.
(d) Lotus Development Corporation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Robert C. Merton working when Meriwether hired him?
2. Where was the London office for Long-Term located?
3. In 1994, why did the price of bonds drop?
4. What notable company went bankrupt in the 1970's?
5. What did a dealer from J.F. Eckstein & Co. want from Meriwether in 1979?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)