1. Where did Meriwether work in 1979?
(a) Salomon Brothers.
(c) Merrill Lynch.
2. What did a dealer from J.F. Eckstein & Co. want from Meriwether in 1979?
(c) Real estate tips.
(d) A better financial model.
3. What was J.F. Eckstein & Co. primarily working on in 1979?
(d) Treasury Bill futures.
4. What unusual event happened when Meriwether began working with Treasury futures?
(a) He lost millions.
(b) The U.S. government collapsed.
(c) The price rose.
(d) The price fell.
5. When Meriwether increased his position in Treasury futures, what did he expect the market to do?
(a) Perform typically.
(b) Drop substantially.
(d) Rise sharply overnight.
6. In order for Meriwether's Treasury futures investment to work, what did he need market prices to do?
(a) None of these.
(b) Remain the same.
(c) Fluctuate drastically.
7. What happened to Meriwether's Treasury bill deal before it was resolved?
(a) Big losses.
(b) It remained steady.
(c) Huge gains.
(d) It fell apart.
This section contains 3,461 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)