1. Where did Meriwether work in 1979?
(a) Salomon Brothers.
(b) Merrill Lynch.
2. What did a dealer from J.F. Eckstein & Co. want from Meriwether in 1979?
(b) A better financial model.
(c) Real estate tips.
3. What was J.F. Eckstein & Co. primarily working on in 1979?
(c) Treasury Bill futures.
4. What unusual event happened when Meriwether began working with Treasury futures?
(a) He lost millions.
(b) The U.S. government collapsed.
(c) The price rose.
(d) The price fell.
5. When Meriwether increased his position in Treasury futures, what did he expect the market to do?
(a) Rise sharply overnight.
(b) Drop substantially.
(c) Perform typically.
6. In order for Meriwether's Treasury futures investment to work, what did he need market prices to do?
(a) Remain the same.
(b) Fluctuate drastically.
(d) None of these.
7. What happened to Meriwether's Treasury bill deal before it was resolved?
(a) Huge gains.
(b) Big losses.
(c) It remained steady.
(d) It fell apart.
This section contains 3,461 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)