Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
* Meriwether worked at Salomon Brothers in 1979.
* A dealer at J.F. Eckstein & Co. approached him about a deal with Treasury bill futures.
* The position Salomon Brothers took looked to lose the company substantial funds.
* Meriwether and his team almost lost their jobs due to the deal.
* When the market finally converged, the Salomon Brothers...
This section contains 1,531 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)