* Meriwether worked at Salomon Brothers in 1979.
* A dealer at J.F. Eckstein & Co. approached him about a deal with Treasury bill futures.
* The position Salomon Brothers took looked to lose the company substantial funds.
* Meriwether and his team almost lost their jobs due to the deal.
* When the market finally converged, the Salomon Brothers made major money on the deal.
* Meriwether began trading government bonds and made even more money for the Salomon Brothers.
* In 1977, Meriwether founded his own firm and built a strong, intelligent team.
* The team thrived for years until a scandal hit the company.
* Meriwether was forced to resign and Warren Buffet became temporary CEO of the Arbitrage Group.
* Meriwether noticed the appeal of hedge funds in a well-to-do society.
* With Merrill Lynch, Meriwether raised the money he needed to create a company called Long-Term.
* Meriwether created Long-Term with a goal of...
This section contains 1,292 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)