Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Spring semester in Biology II class, Daphne is what?
2. By the end of the formal dance, the narrator says that flowers are wilted, jackets are limp, and what else?
3. Once inside the party location with Josie, the narrator realizes he's at a what?
4. After the prom dance, Schwartz and the narrator take their dates to the Rooster where, trying to impress, they order what?
5. As an adult, the narrator is a former what?
Essay Topic 1
The book's time line covers the narrator's childhood and teen years. How does the narrator change, develop, and grow from the beginning to the end of the book? In what ways do the stories evolve? In what instances does the author seem to act about the same as a teenager as he did as a child?
Essay Topic 2
The Old Man is a study in contrasts. One minute he's cursing and complaining, the next he's laughing and joking about a challenge he just went through. Using examples from the book, create a description of the Old Man that shows him as a man of contrasts and mixed messages. How do his sons handle a father as unpredictable as theirs?
Essay Topic 3
Although events rarely go according to plan and expectations, somehow the narrator gets through them and even manages to be content with the outcome. Explain what factors help the narrator maintain a positive attitude even when his hopes and dreams fail to materialize.
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)