|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Howie do now, since quitting high school?
2. What is the biggest event of the narrator's junior year in high school?
3. Once inside the party location with Josie, the narrator realizes he's at a what?
4. To the narrator, Daphne Bigelow is what?
5. What does the narrator do when he meets Josie on the way home from Pulaski's store?
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, explain how the narrator benefits when he applies, or engages in, the following:
b. Family traditions
c. Challenging the status quo
Essay Topic 2
1. Describe the personality and any salient character traits of each of the following: Randy, the narrator, Mother, and the Old Man.
2. How do the personalities and character traits of these individuals complement each other in ways that make their family function together?
Essay Topic 3
A day at the County Fair turns into another opportunity for the author to showcase the Shepherds' eccentricities. Describe the fair experience from the viewpoint of each family member -- Mother, Randy, the Old Man, and the narrator. Who seems to enjoy the fair the most, and why? Use examples to support your conclusion.
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)