Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Spring semester in Biology II class, Daphne is what?
2. By the end of the formal dance, the narrator says that flowers are wilted, jackets are limp, and what else?
3. Once inside the party location with Josie, the narrator realizes he's at a what?
4. After the prom dance, Schwartz and the narrator take their dates to the Rooster where, trying to impress, they order what?
5. As an adult, the narrator is a former what?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the narrator's love interests: Josephine, Daphne, and Wanda. Which one is best suited for him, if any? What important life lessons does he learn from his experiences with each?
Essay Topic 2
1. Explain how the author chooses to lead up to the Shepherd family's experiences at the County Fair.
2. Is this method of starting with a present event and then looking back across time an effective one? Why or why not?
3. Is this technique used in other stories in the book? If so, cite at least one more example and analyze its effectiveness.
Essay Topic 3
Although events rarely go according to plan and expectations, somehow the narrator gets through them and even manages to be content with the outcome. Explain what factors help the narrator maintain a positive attitude even when his hopes and dreams fail to materialize.
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)