Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Spring semester in Biology II class, Daphne is what?
2. By the end of the formal dance, the narrator says that flowers are wilted, jackets are limp, and what else?
3. Once inside the party location with Josie, the narrator realizes he's at a what?
4. After the prom dance, Schwartz and the narrator take their dates to the Rooster where, trying to impress, they order what?
5. As an adult, the narrator is a former what?
Essay Topic 1
1. Expand and explain the narrator's point of view that prom is a rite of passage full of strange rituals that he and others are forced to attend as they become adults.
2. Despite his reluctance at attending the prom, does the narrator have a good time at the dance? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
For Wanda Hickey, prom night is a golden evening of wonder where she has the amazing good luck of going with the boy she's always had a crush on. How does the night turn out for her? Does it meet her expectations? Despite some mishaps, is she pleased with the evening? Would she have liked anything to have been different? Support your answers with passages from the book.
Essay Topic 3
A day at the County Fair turns into another opportunity for the author to showcase the Shepherds' eccentricities. Describe the fair experience from the viewpoint of each family member -- Mother, Randy, the Old Man, and the narrator. Who seems to enjoy the fair the most, and why? Use examples to support your conclusion.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)