|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator, as an adult, owns some fine furniture and has a what?
2. When does the narrator share with his family the news of his date with Daphne?
3. In his daydreams, the narrator envisions himself impressing his lady friend with what dance?
4. When the narrator emerges from the bathroom after bathing and grooming for his date with the girl next door, what condition is the bathroom in?
5. After his date with Daphne, how does the narrator get home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As a young person, the narrator spends a great deal of time living in his world of daydreams and imagination. How does the reality of his life compare to the world of his imagination? How do his daydreams serve him when reality is full of disappointments?
Essay Topic 2
Although a quiet force who's often in the background, Mother is still a strong, powerful force in the book. Explain how Mother supports the narrator, Randy, and the Old Man, helping make their lives smoother even when it means making sacrifices on her part.
Essay Topic 3
1. Expand and explain the narrator's point of view that prom is a rite of passage full of strange rituals that he and others are forced to attend as they become adults.
2. Despite his reluctance at attending the prom, does the narrator have a good time at the dance? Explain.
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)