|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the narrator nervously talks with Mr. Bigelow, he does what?
2. What sounds does the narrator hear from the package that he receives as an adult?
3. The narrator, as an adult, owns some fine furniture and has a what?
4. What does the Old Man believe regarding one's prom date?
5. As an adult, the narrator lives in what type of dwelling?
Essay Topic 1
Although events rarely go according to plan and expectations, somehow the narrator gets through them and even manages to be content with the outcome. Explain what factors help the narrator maintain a positive attitude even when his hopes and dreams fail to materialize.
Essay Topic 2
For Wanda Hickey, prom night is a golden evening of wonder where she has the amazing good luck of going with the boy she's always had a crush on. How does the night turn out for her? Does it meet her expectations? Despite some mishaps, is she pleased with the evening? Would she have liked anything to have been different? Support your answers with passages from the book.
Essay Topic 3
The book's time line covers the narrator's childhood and teen years. How does the narrator change, develop, and grow from the beginning to the end of the book? In what ways do the stories evolve? In what instances does the author seem to act about the same as a teenager as he did as a child?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)