Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Spring semester in Biology II class, Daphne is what?
2. By the end of the formal dance, the narrator says that flowers are wilted, jackets are limp, and what else?
3. Once inside the party location with Josie, the narrator realizes he's at a what?
4. After the prom dance, Schwartz and the narrator take their dates to the Rooster where, trying to impress, they order what?
5. As an adult, the narrator is a former what?
1. Explain how the author chooses to lead up to the Shepherd family's experiences at the County Fair.
2. Is this method of starting with a present event and then looking back across time an effective one? Why or why not?
3. Is this technique used in other stories in the book? If so, cite at least one more example and analyze its effectiveness.
The Old Man is a study in contrasts. One minute he's cursing and complaining, the next he's laughing and joking about a challenge he just went through. Using examples from the book, create a description of the Old Man that shows him as a man of contrasts and mixed messages. How do his sons handle a father as unpredictable as theirs?
1. Describe the personality and any salient character traits of each of the following: Randy, the narrator, Mother, and the Old Man.
2. How do the personalities and character traits of these individuals complement each other in ways that make their family function together?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)