|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Spring Dance is announced, who does the narrator decide to invite?
(a) Penelope Sanders.
(b) Wanda Hickey.
(c) Josie Cosnowski.
(d) Daphne Bigelow.
2. What happens to the adult narrator's childhood fire chief hat?
(a) Is sat upon and crushed.
(b) Is stolen by a toy collector.
(c) Falls out a window.
(d) Gets chewed up by a dog.
3. What sounds does the narrator hear from the package that he receives as an adult?
(a) A duck quacking and the clanking of contents.
(b) A mechanical whirring and a strange squeak.
(c) The sounds of springs and gears.
(d) Shattered glass and a bell.
4. When Mr. Bigelow chats with the narrator as he waits for Daphne at her house, the man mistakes the young man for who?
(a) The son of a wealthy socialite.
(b) A member of the Bumpus family.
(c) One of Daphne's former boyfriends.
(d) One of the Pittsburgh Steel Shepherds.
5. Mother wants the narrator to invite which girl to the prom?
(a) Wanda Hickey.
(b) Angeline O'Connor.
(c) Daphne Bigelow.
(d) Regina Delfin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Bigelow family's chauffeur?
2. Why do the narrator and his friends parade in front of their neighbors' house after a new family moves in?
3. Why did Howie quit high school?
4. After the prom dance, Schwartz and the narrator take their dates to the Rooster where, trying to impress, they order what?
5. In the community, who is Maxwell Bigelow, Daphne's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator's date with Josephine end?
2. How does the narrator's prom night end?
3. How does the narrator feel after looking through his box of childhood treasures?
4. Describe Daphne Bigelow, the girl of the narrator's dreams.
5. Why does the narrator grow more and more uncomfortable at the party with Josephine?
6. What does the narrator compare the prom to?
7. What is the Wimpy Doll?
8. What impression does the narrator make on Mr. Bigelow, Daphne's dad?
9. Describe the narrator's first major encounter with Josephine.
10. Describe some of the pre-prom rituals.
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)