|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the biggest event of the narrator's junior year in high school?
(a) Inaugural Prom.
(b) Junior Prom.
(c) Valentine's Day Dance.
2. Why did Howie quit high school?
(a) He never liked school.
(b) He was failing.
(c) To work and support his aging parents.
(d) To get married.
3. What does the narrator say that his family puts on their typical meals of meatloaf, red cabbage, and mashed potatoes?
(a) An overabundance of pepper.
(b) Gallons of ketchup.
(c) Buckets of tabasco sauce.
(d) Tons of salt.
4. What do Schwartz and the narrator order after finishing the first item they order?
(a) Another round.
(b) Red wine.
(c) Ice cream sodas.
(d) Cherry cokes.
5. What happens to the goodnight kiss between Wanda and the narrator?
(a) He accidentally kisses her on the nose instead.
(b) The porch light comes on and interrupts their kiss.
(c) He's so drunk that intead of kissing her, he pats her on the back and walks away.
(d) He tries to kiss her but hastily leaves upon smelling sauerkraut on her breath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator do when he meets Josie on the way home from Pulaski's store?
2. When the narrator opens a package that he receives as an adult, what is the first item he pulls out?
3. What is the name of the Bigelow family's chauffeur?
4. The Bigelow family's chauffeur drives Daphne and the narrator to the Orpheum in what?
5. How does the narrator invite the girl of his dreams on a date?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator get his fire chief hat back?
2. Describe the narrator's experience as he waits for Josephine to finish getting ready for their date.
3. Describe the narrator's first major encounter with Josephine.
4. What impression does the narrator make on Mr. Bigelow, Daphne's dad?
5. Describe Daphne Bigelow, the girl of the narrator's dreams.
6. What happens to the adult narrator's fire chief hat?
7. Why doesn't the narrator ask Daphne Bigelow to the prom?
8. How does the narrator's date with Daphne end?
9. How does the narrator feel after looking through his box of childhood treasures?
10. Why does the narrator grow more and more uncomfortable at the party with Josephine?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)