|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As an adult, the narrator lives in what type of dwelling?
(a) Low-income housing.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A penthouse.
(d) A house.
2. The weekend before prom, what is the narrator's fate?
(a) He's decided to pretend to get sick so he can ditch the prom.
(b) He hasn't yet asked Daphne to the prom.
(c) All of the girls he's invited have soundly rejected him.
(d) He's asked Daphne, but she said no.
3. On the big day of the prom, who helps the narrator get into his painful formal wear?
(c) The Old Man.
4. What does the narrator say that his family puts on their typical meals of meatloaf, red cabbage, and mashed potatoes?
(a) Gallons of ketchup.
(b) Buckets of tabasco sauce.
(c) Tons of salt.
(d) An overabundance of pepper.
5. One of the adult narrator's prized collections is a set of first edition comics of what cartoon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the new girl next door whom the narrator is smitten by?
2. As the narrator prepares for his first date with Daphne, he goes through half a bar of Lifebuoy soap, Old Spice talcum powder, and what else?
3. After the prom dance, Schwartz and the narrator take their dates to the Rooster where, trying to impress, they order what?
4. What does Howie do now, since quitting high school?
5. What sounds does the narrator hear from the package that he receives as an adult?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)