|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In old cartoons, who was Wimpy?
(a) Betty Boop's boyfriend.
(b) Sylvester's friend.
(c) Orphan Annie's uncle.
(d) Popeye's sidekick.
2. When the narrator opens a package that he receives as an adult, what is the first item he pulls out?
(a) A photo album.
(b) Brownie Bear.
(c) Flaming Flamingo.
(d) His old stamp collection.
3. When does the narrator share with his family the news of his date with Daphne?
(a) During dinner.
(b) As they sit in the parlor listening to the radio.
(c) Right after school.
(d) While grocery shopping.
4. What does the narrator, as an adult, receive from his mother?
(a) A BB gun she never let him have when he was a kid.
(b) A childhood book that she should have sent to Randy instead.
(c) A letter in which she says she recently saw Daphne.
(d) A package of childhood mementos.
5. What does the Old Man believe regarding one's prom date?
(a) She should look better than the boy she's with.
(b) She should not wear a trashy dress.
(c) The choice for prom date can foretell one's future.
(d) The boy must show utter and complete respect towards his date.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the adult narrator embarrassed when the doorman sees him?
2. By the end of the formal dance, the narrator says that flowers are wilted, jackets are limp, and what else?
3. What does the narrator start to worry about at the party with Josie?
4. How does the narrator get to the Bigelow family's neighborhood?
5. In Story Five, when the narrator, Schwartz, and Flick hitchhike home from school, who picks them up?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)