|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the family that moves next door to the Shepherds long after the Bumpuses move out?
2. The weekend before prom, what is the narrator's fate?
(a) He hasn't yet asked Daphne to the prom.
(b) All of the girls he's invited have soundly rejected him.
(c) He's asked Daphne, but she said no.
(d) He's decided to pretend to get sick so he can ditch the prom.
3. What does the narrator, as an adult, receive from his mother?
(a) A package of childhood mementos.
(b) A childhood book that she should have sent to Randy instead.
(c) A letter in which she says she recently saw Daphne.
(d) A BB gun she never let him have when he was a kid.
4. How does Wanda feel about the narrator?
(a) She thinks he's OK but she wishes Schwartz had asked her to the prom.
(b) She thinks he's cute but dull.
(c) She's disgusted by what he orders at the Rooster.
(d) She's had a crush on him for years and thinks she may love him.
5. In old cartoons, who was Wimpy?
(a) Betty Boop's boyfriend.
(b) Sylvester's friend.
(c) Orphan Annie's uncle.
(d) Popeye's sidekick.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator opens a package that he receives as an adult, what is the first item he pulls out?
2. Once inside the party location with Josie, the narrator realizes he's at a what?
3. By the end of the formal dance, the narrator says that flowers are wilted, jackets are limp, and what else?
4. What conflict does the narrator face between the girl next door and basketball?
5. Why did Howie quit high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impression does the narrator make on Mr. Bigelow, Daphne's dad?
2. Where does the narrator live when he is an adult?
3. After the prom, Schwartz and the narrator take their dates to the Rooster. What happens there?
4. Why does the narrator grow more and more uncomfortable at the party with Josephine?
5. How does the narrator ask Wanda Hickey to the prom?
6. Describe Daphne Bigelow, the girl of the narrator's dreams.
7. Describe the narrator's trip to Daphne's house.
8. When the narrator asks Daphne out on a date, and she agrees, what daydreams go through his mind?
9. What conflict exists for the narrator regarding the night of the party that he's invited to by Josephine?
10. How does the narrator's date with Daphne end?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)