|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the big day of the prom, who helps the narrator get into his painful formal wear?
(b) The Old Man.
2. When the narrator is invited inside his neighbors' house, what is he expected to do while he waits for Josie to finish getting ready?
(a) Share his life story with her parents.
(b) Reveal what he plans to do after high school.
(c) Stand in the hallway until she's ready.
(d) Partake of a heavy meal.
3. Where must the narrator and his friends rent prom clothes from?
(a) Al Swank's Formalwear.
(b) Julie Bee's Formal Suits & Gowns.
(c) Gizelle's Swanky Threads.
(d) Anthony's Fancy Clothes.
4. How does the narrator leave the party he attends with Josie?
(a) Rides his bike.
(b) Drives home alone.
(c) Drives home with Josie.
(d) Runs away.
5. One of the adult narrator's prized collections is a set of first edition comics of what cartoon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Schwartz and the narrator order after finishing the first item they order?
2. How does Wanda feel about the narrator?
3. In his daydreams, the narrator envisions himself impressing his lady friend with what dance?
4. What does Howie do now, since quitting high school?
5. When does the narrator share with his family the news of his date with Daphne?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator get his fire chief hat back?
2. How does the narrator's date with Daphne end?
3. With the Bumpuses long gone, who finally moves in next door to the Shepherds?
4. Describe the narrator's experience as he waits for Josephine to finish getting ready for their date.
5. Why doesn't the narrator ask Daphne Bigelow to the prom?
6. Why do the narrator and his friends parade back and forth in front of the Cosnowskis' house?
7. What is the Wimpy Doll?
8. How does the narrator prepare for his date with Josephine?
9. Describe the narrator's trip to Daphne's house.
10. What impression does the narrator make on Mr. Bigelow, Daphne's dad?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)