|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conflict does the narrator face between the girl next door and basketball?
(a) She wants to watch him play basketball, but he's no good.
(b) Her boyfriend is on the narrator's basketball team.
(c) He's attending a party with her on the night of a big basketball game.
(d) He loves basketball, but she has an irrational fear of basketball courts.
2. When the narrator and Josie reach the party destination, where does he think he is?
(a) Two counties over.
(b) A new club in town.
(c) House of a wealthy family.
(d) The Elks Club.
3. What does the narrator start to worry about at the party with Josie?
(a) That her parents will never like him.
(b) That Josie is far too pretty for a regular guy like him.
(c) That he'll have to get married and drop out of high school.
(d) That his friends will make fun of him next time they see him.
4. How does the narrator leave the party he attends with Josie?
(a) Drives home with Josie.
(b) Rides his bike.
(c) Drives home alone.
(d) Runs away.
5. As an adult, the narrator lives in what type of dwelling?
(a) A house.
(b) A penthouse.
(c) Low-income housing.
(d) An apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the adult narrator's prized collections is a set of first edition comics of what cartoon?
2. The narrator notes that Howie used to be fun, but now he's always what?
3. What is the name of the new girl next door whom the narrator is smitten by?
4. What do Daphne and the narrator watch at the Orpheum?
5. Who does the narrator finally invite to the prom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator's date with Josephine end?
2. What impression does the narrator make on Mr. Bigelow, Daphne's dad?
3. How does the narrator get his fire chief hat back?
4. How does the narrator's family react when he says that he's asked Daphne Bigelow out on a date?
5. Where does the narrator live when he is an adult?
6. How does the narrator's date with Daphne end?
7. Why do the narrator and his friends parade back and forth in front of the Cosnowskis' house?
8. Describe how the narrator prepares for his date with Daphne.
9. Why does the narrator grow more and more uncomfortable at the party with Josephine?
10. Describe some of the pre-prom rituals.
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)