|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the prom dance, Schwartz and the narrator take their dates to the Rooster where, trying to impress, they order what?
(d) Foie gras.
2. What was the character Wimpy known for in old cartoons?
(a) Flying kites.
(b) Being forgetful.
(c) Eating hamburgers.
(d) Running in circles.
3. When does the narrator share with his family the news of his date with Daphne?
(a) Right after school.
(b) While grocery shopping.
(c) As they sit in the parlor listening to the radio.
(d) During dinner.
4. When the narrator emerges from the bathroom after bathing and grooming for his date with the girl next door, what condition is the bathroom in?
(a) No soap or hot water are left.
(b) The room reeks of shaving cream and hair spray.
(c) The walls are dripping wet and the paint is peeling.
(d) The bathroom floor is soaking wet.
5. What sounds does the narrator hear from the package that he receives as an adult?
(a) The sounds of springs and gears.
(b) A duck quacking and the clanking of contents.
(c) A mechanical whirring and a strange squeak.
(d) Shattered glass and a bell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Schwartz and the narrator order after finishing the first item they order?
2. While the narrator is watering the lawn, who walks by?
3. What conflict does the narrator face between the girl next door and basketball?
4. What is the name of the Bigelow family's chauffeur?
5. Before the narrator can invite a girl to the Spring Dance, he decides that first they must what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the items the narrator finds in the box of toys his mother sends him when he's an adult?
2. Why doesn't the narrator ask Daphne Bigelow to the prom?
3. Describe the narrator's trip to Daphne's house.
4. Describe the narrator's experience as he waits for Josephine to finish getting ready for their date.
5. What does the narrator compare the prom to?
6. What happens to the adult narrator's fire chief hat?
7. How does the narrator get his fire chief hat back?
8. How does the narrator ask Wanda Hickey to the prom?
9. Why does the narrator grow more and more uncomfortable at the party with Josephine?
10. Describe Daphne Bigelow, the girl of the narrator's dreams.
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)