|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the new girl next door whom the narrator is smitten by?
2. On the big day of the prom, who helps the narrator get into his painful formal wear?
(b) The Old Man.
3. Mother wants the narrator to invite which girl to the prom?
(a) Regina Delfin.
(b) Daphne Bigelow.
(c) Angeline O'Connor.
(d) Wanda Hickey.
4. By the end of the formal dance, the narrator says that flowers are wilted, jackets are limp, and what else?
(a) Everyone's sick of the whole mess.
(b) His car is soaked from a passing rain shower.
(c) Everybody's ready for a milkshake.
(d) People are gasping for air.
5. How does the Old Man react to the news that the narrator has asked Max Bigelow's daughter out on a date?
(a) It means nothing to him.
(b) He's impressed.
(c) He asks the narrator if he's out of his mind.
(d) He doesn't take the news seriously.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the narrator and his friends parade in front of their neighbors' house after a new family moves in?
2. When the narrator emerges from the bathroom after preparing for his date with Josie, his face is covered with what?
3. Who does the narrator find in his biology class?
4. The night of his first date with the neighbor girl, how long does it take the narrator to bathe and groom?
5. The narrator, as an adult, owns some fine furniture and has a what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator prepare for his date with Josephine?
2. How does the narrator's family react when he says that he's asked Daphne Bigelow out on a date?
3. What are some of the items the narrator finds in the box of toys his mother sends him when he's an adult?
4. Describe some of the pre-prom rituals.
5. What conflict exists for the narrator regarding the night of the party that he's invited to by Josephine?
6. How does the narrator feel after looking through his box of childhood treasures?
7. Describe the narrator's trip to Daphne's house.
8. Why doesn't the narrator ask Daphne Bigelow to the prom?
9. Describe Daphne Bigelow, the girl of the narrator's dreams.
10. How does the narrator's prom night end?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)