|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the narrator is watering the lawn, who walks by?
(a) Scut Farkas.
(b) Mr. Pulaski.
(c) Daphne Bigelow.
(d) Wanda Hickey.
2. What conflict does the narrator face between the girl next door and basketball?
(a) He loves basketball, but she has an irrational fear of basketball courts.
(b) She wants to watch him play basketball, but he's no good.
(c) He's attending a party with her on the night of a big basketball game.
(d) Her boyfriend is on the narrator's basketball team.
3. When his friends ask the narrator who he plans to invite to the big dance, what does he say?
(a) Josephine Cosnowski.
(b) Wanda Hickey.
(c) Daphne Bigelow.
(d) Penelope Sanders.
4. How does the Old Man react to the news that the narrator has asked Max Bigelow's daughter out on a date?
(a) It means nothing to him.
(b) He doesn't take the news seriously.
(c) He's impressed.
(d) He asks the narrator if he's out of his mind.
5. When the narrator and Josie reach the party destination, where does he think he is?
(a) A new club in town.
(b) House of a wealthy family.
(c) Two counties over.
(d) The Elks Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Daphne and the narrator watch at the Orpheum?
2. When does the narrator share with his family the news of his date with Daphne?
3. In what major way did Maxwell Bigelow help the community?
4. What is the second item the narrator pulls out of the package he receives as an adult?
5. When Mr. Bigelow chats with the narrator as he waits for Daphne at her house, the man mistakes the young man for who?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator compare the prom to?
2. How does the narrator's prom night end?
3. Why does the narrator grow more and more uncomfortable at the party with Josephine?
4. Describe Daphne Bigelow, the girl of the narrator's dreams.
5. How does the narrator feel after looking through his box of childhood treasures?
6. How does the narrator prepare for his date with Josephine?
7. What is the Wimpy Doll?
8. How does the narrator's date with Josephine end?
9. What happens to the adult narrator's fire chief hat?
10. Where does the narrator live when he is an adult?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)