|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator and Josie reach the party destination, where does he think he is?
(a) House of a wealthy family.
(b) The Elks Club.
(c) Two counties over.
(d) A new club in town.
2. By the end of the formal dance, the narrator says that flowers are wilted, jackets are limp, and what else?
(a) People are gasping for air.
(b) His car is soaked from a passing rain shower.
(c) Everybody's ready for a milkshake.
(d) Everyone's sick of the whole mess.
3. How does the narrator leave the party he attends with Josie?
(a) Rides his bike.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Drives home with Josie.
(d) Drives home alone.
4. The night of his first date with the neighbor girl, how long does it take the narrator to bathe and groom?
(a) Just under two hours.
(b) An hour.
(c) Three and a half hours.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
5. While the narrator is watering the lawn, who walks by?
(a) Wanda Hickey.
(b) Mr. Pulaski.
(c) Daphne Bigelow.
(d) Scut Farkas.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Bigelow chats with the narrator as he waits for Daphne at her house, the man mistakes the young man for who?
2. The narrator, as an adult, owns some fine furniture and has a what?
3. The weekend before prom, what is the narrator's fate?
4. The night of his date with Josie, the narrator arrives with what?
5. Once inside the party location with Josie, the narrator realizes he's at a what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the narrator prepares for his date with Daphne.
2. Describe Daphne's and the narrator's date.
3. What conflict exists for the narrator regarding the night of the party that he's invited to by Josephine?
4. Describe the narrator's experience as he waits for Josephine to finish getting ready for their date.
5. With the Bumpuses long gone, who finally moves in next door to the Shepherds?
6. Describe the narrator's trip to Daphne's house.
7. After the prom, Schwartz and the narrator take their dates to the Rooster. What happens there?
8. Why doesn't the narrator ask Daphne Bigelow to the prom?
9. How does the narrator's prom night end?
10. Describe Daphne Bigelow, the girl of the narrator's dreams.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)