|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Daphne's neighborhood, the narrator notices that there is no smell of oil refineries in the air and even what?
(a) The roads are cleaner.
(b) The flowers are brighter.
(c) The houses are bigger.
(d) The trees grow taller.
2. The narrator notes that Howie used to be fun, but now he's always what?
3. What is the biggest event of the narrator's junior year in high school?
(a) Junior Prom.
(b) Valentine's Day Dance.
(c) Inaugural Prom.
4. As an adult, the narrator lives in what type of dwelling?
(a) Low-income housing.
(b) A penthouse.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A house.
5. When does the narrator share with his family the news of his date with Daphne?
(a) While grocery shopping.
(b) During dinner.
(c) Right after school.
(d) As they sit in the parlor listening to the radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the narrator is watering the lawn, who walks by?
2. Who does the narrator finally invite to the prom?
3. Who answers the door when the narrator goes to Daphne's house?
4. Why do the narrator and his friends parade in front of their neighbors' house after a new family moves in?
5. When the narrator emerges from the bathroom after bathing and grooming for his date with the girl next door, what condition is the bathroom in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the narrator's first major encounter with Josephine.
2. How does the narrator's prom night end?
3. How does the narrator get his fire chief hat back?
4. What conflict exists for the narrator regarding the night of the party that he's invited to by Josephine?
5. When the narrator asks Daphne out on a date, and she agrees, what daydreams go through his mind?
6. Why does the narrator grow more and more uncomfortable at the party with Josephine?
7. What happens to the adult narrator's fire chief hat?
8. After the prom, Schwartz and the narrator take their dates to the Rooster. What happens there?
9. Why doesn't the narrator ask Daphne Bigelow to the prom?
10. How does the narrator's family react when he says that he's asked Daphne Bigelow out on a date?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)