|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator is ecstatic in his Biology II class because of what?
(a) It's spring and he's feeling the excitement of the season.
(b) With his new tutor, he's sure to get an A.
(c) He gets to talk with the girl of his dreams on a weekly basis.
(d) A pretty girl finally has a big crush on him.
2. What do Daphne and the narrator watch at the Orpheum?
(a) Charlie Chaplin movie.
(b) Gone With The Wind.
(c) John Wayne movie.
(d) Little Rascals.
3. Who answers the door when the narrator goes to Daphne's house?
(a) The butler.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her father.
4. Once inside the party location with Josie, the narrator realizes he's at a what?
(a) Movie theater.
(c) Community center.
5. When the narrator and Josie reach the party destination, where does he think he is?
(a) A new club in town.
(b) House of a wealthy family.
(c) The Elks Club.
(d) Two counties over.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator react when he sees Josie all dressed up for the party?
2. Why did Howie quit high school?
3. When the narrator emerges from the bathroom after preparing for his date with Josie, his face is covered with what?
4. By the time Josie and the narrator have reached their homes walking from the grocery store, what has transpired?
5. As the narrator nervously talks with Mr. Bigelow, he does what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impression does the narrator make on Mr. Bigelow, Daphne's dad?
2. How does the narrator feel after looking through his box of childhood treasures?
3. How does the narrator ask Wanda Hickey to the prom?
4. After the prom, Schwartz and the narrator take their dates to the Rooster. What happens there?
5. What does the narrator compare the prom to?
6. With the Bumpuses long gone, who finally moves in next door to the Shepherds?
7. Why doesn't the narrator ask Daphne Bigelow to the prom?
8. Describe Daphne's and the narrator's date.
9. Describe some of the pre-prom rituals.
10. Why do the narrator and his friends parade back and forth in front of the Cosnowskis' house?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)