|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does Josie's mother make after her daughter appears, now ready for the party?
(a) Josie made her outfit by herself.
(b) One day Josie will make a good wife.
(c) This is Josie's first date ever.
(d) The narrator had better treat Josie right.
2. When the narrator emerges from the bathroom after preparing for his date with Josie, his face is covered with what?
(a) Acne cream.
(c) Tissue scraps.
(d) Aftershave lotion.
3. Where does the new family next door to the Shepherds move from?
4. What does the narrator start to worry about at the party with Josie?
(a) That her parents will never like him.
(b) That he'll have to get married and drop out of high school.
(c) That Josie is far too pretty for a regular guy like him.
(d) That his friends will make fun of him next time they see him.
5. What does the Old Man believe regarding one's prom date?
(a) The boy must show utter and complete respect towards his date.
(b) She should look better than the boy she's with.
(c) She should not wear a trashy dress.
(d) The choice for prom date can foretell one's future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the character Wimpy known for in old cartoons?
2. After his date with Daphne, how does the narrator get home?
3. When the narrator emerges from the bathroom after bathing and grooming for his date with the girl next door, what condition is the bathroom in?
4. What is the second item the narrator pulls out of the package he receives as an adult?
5. As an adult, the narrator is a former what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Wimpy Doll?
2. Describe the narrator's experience as he waits for Josephine to finish getting ready for their date.
3. How does the narrator ask Wanda Hickey to the prom?
4. What does the narrator compare the prom to?
5. Describe the narrator's trip to Daphne's house.
6. When the narrator asks Daphne out on a date, and she agrees, what daydreams go through his mind?
7. How does the narrator's date with Josephine end?
8. Where does the narrator live when he is an adult?
9. Why do the narrator and his friends parade back and forth in front of the Cosnowskis' house?
10. How does the narrator feel after looking through his box of childhood treasures?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)