|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the doorman retrieves a childhood toy for the adult narrator, who does he have to fight for it?
(a) Thrift shop owner.
(b) Local auctioneer.
(c) Senile old man who found it.
(d) Little boy who had picked it up.
2. As the narrator waters the lawn and ponders his prom fate, how does he distract himself?
(a) By watching his neighbor Josephine through the window.
(b) By occasionally spraying his younger brother.
(c) By thinking about the most recent science fiction novel he's read.
(d) By scheming how he's going to get out of having to attend prom.
3. Once inside the party location with Josie, the narrator realizes he's at a what?
(b) Movie theater.
(c) Community center.
4. How does the narrator's memorable prom night end?
(a) He hastily says goodbye to his date and runs down the street, where he throws up.
(b) He rips his suit and has to pay for damages.
(c) He runs out of gas and has to walk back home.
(d) He passes out on the sidewalk and wakes up to a dog licking his face.
5. As the narrator prepares for his first date with Daphne, he goes through half a bar of Lifebuoy soap, Old Spice talcum powder, and what else?
(a) A bottle of Ralph Lauren cologne.
(b) Three Gillette razors and a can of Barbasol shaving cream.
(c) A stick of Drysol deodorant.
(d) Pepsodent toothpaste and a gallon of Listerine mouthwash.
Short Answer Questions
1. To the narrator, Daphne Bigelow is what?
2. By the time Josie and the narrator have reached their homes walking from the grocery store, what has transpired?
3. In his daydreams, the narrator envisions himself impressing his lady friend with what dance?
4. What do Schwartz and the narrator order after finishing the first item they order?
5. Where do we find the narrator at the beginning of Story 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the narrator live when he is an adult?
2. Why does the narrator grow more and more uncomfortable at the party with Josephine?
3. Why do the narrator and his friends parade back and forth in front of the Cosnowskis' house?
4. What are some of the items the narrator finds in the box of toys his mother sends him when he's an adult?
5. Describe the narrator's experience as he waits for Josephine to finish getting ready for their date.
6. Describe the narrator's first major encounter with Josephine.
7. How does the narrator prepare for his date with Josephine?
8. How does the narrator's date with Josephine end?
9. With the Bumpuses long gone, who finally moves in next door to the Shepherds?
10. How does the narrator ask Wanda Hickey to the prom?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)