|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator goes to Pulaski's grocery store on an errand for Mother, he talks to Howie, who used to do what?
(a) Play on his softball team.
(b) March with the band.
(c) Play high school football.
(d) Sing with the high school men's choir.
2. After his date with Daphne, how does the narrator get home?
(a) Hitches a ride.
(c) Is driven by the chauffeur.
(d) Rides his bike.
3. As the narrator waters the lawn and ponders his prom fate, how does he distract himself?
(a) By scheming how he's going to get out of having to attend prom.
(b) By thinking about the most recent science fiction novel he's read.
(c) By watching his neighbor Josephine through the window.
(d) By occasionally spraying his younger brother.
4. What is the name of the family that moves next door to the Shepherds long after the Bumpuses move out?
5. The narrator notes that Howie used to be fun, but now he's always what?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator is invited inside his neighbors' house, what is he expected to do while he waits for Josie to finish getting ready?
2. When his friends ask the narrator who he plans to invite to the big dance, what does he say?
3. When the Spring Dance is announced, who does the narrator decide to invite?
4. Where do we find the narrator at the beginning of Story 7?
5. What is the second item the narrator pulls out of the package he receives as an adult?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator prepare for his date with Josephine?
2. How does the narrator's date with Josephine end?
3. Describe Daphne Bigelow, the girl of the narrator's dreams.
4. What are some of the items the narrator finds in the box of toys his mother sends him when he's an adult?
5. How does the narrator's family react when he says that he's asked Daphne Bigelow out on a date?
6. Describe how the narrator prepares for his date with Daphne.
7. With the Bumpuses long gone, who finally moves in next door to the Shepherds?
8. Why doesn't the narrator ask Daphne Bigelow to the prom?
9. Describe some of the pre-prom rituals.
10. After the prom, Schwartz and the narrator take their dates to the Rooster. What happens there?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)