|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Howie do now, since quitting high school?
(a) Works two jobs to make ends meet.
(b) Volunteers in the community.
(c) Eats at a soup kitchen for the homeless.
(d) Runs his own business.
2. As an adult, the narrator is a former what?
(b) Police officer.
3. What does the narrator do when he meets Josie on the way home from Pulaski's store?
(a) Offers her a candy bar.
(b) Helps her with her groceries.
(c) Grows shy and walks away.
(d) Trips and falls in front of her.
4. In Story Five, when the narrator, Schwartz, and Flick hitchhike home from school, who picks them up?
(a) Mr. Pulaski.
(b) Their basketball coach.
(c) Their math teacher.
(d) Rough-looking steelworker.
5. How does the Old Man react to the news that the narrator has asked Max Bigelow's daughter out on a date?
(a) It means nothing to him.
(b) He asks the narrator if he's out of his mind.
(c) He doesn't take the news seriously.
(d) He's impressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the adult narrator's prized collections is a set of first edition comics of what cartoon?
2. The narrator is ecstatic in his Biology II class because of what?
3. When does the narrator share with his family the news of his date with Daphne?
4. During what holiday do we find the narrator at the start of Story 7?
5. In what major way did Maxwell Bigelow help the community?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conflict exists for the narrator regarding the night of the party that he's invited to by Josephine?
2. How does the narrator's date with Daphne end?
3. How does the narrator ask Wanda Hickey to the prom?
4. Describe Daphne's and the narrator's date.
5. What are some of the items the narrator finds in the box of toys his mother sends him when he's an adult?
6. What is the Wimpy Doll?
7. Describe some of the pre-prom rituals.
8. Describe the narrator's first major encounter with Josephine.
9. Why does the narrator grow more and more uncomfortable at the party with Josephine?
10. What happens to the adult narrator's fire chief hat?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)