|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the Shepherds get to the County Fair, Randy accompanies his mother to see what?
(a) The clown acts.
(b) Some of the home crafts.
(c) A magic show.
(d) The dogs and cats show.
2. What does the Old Man admire about his favorite ride at the County Fair?
(a) It's just the right length.
(b) It makes him feel like a teenager again.
(c) It's a fine piece of machinery.
(d) Very few dare to get on such a wild ride.
3. After being greeted by a woman wearing a black shawl, what does the narrator ask for?
(a) A top.
(c) His lost baseball.
(d) Cup of coffee.
4. What is the name of the school the narrator attends?
(a) Chester A. Arthur.
(b) Warren G. Harding.
(c) James K. Polk.
(d) Lyndon B. Johnson.
5. According to the book, important industries of Northern Indiana are steel mills and what else?
(a) Candy factories.
(b) Car manufacturers.
(c) Oil refineries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say to get Scut Farkas to challenge him at top spinning?
2. Who successfully rings the bell at the County Fair strong man exhibit?
3. What happens when Grover Dill insults Delbert Bumpus' name?
4. When a new family moves into the house next door to the narrator, what singer's record do they play in the middle of the night?
5. What does the Old Man do two weeks prior to the family's departure for their annual Michigan vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. On departure day, why does the Shepherd family fail to leave for their annual trip at six in the morning as planned?
2. Explain how the narrator prepares for his spinning tops battle against Farkas.
3. What is the final outcome of the battle of the spinning tops between Scut Farkas and the narrator?
4. Who does most of the work when it's time to prepare for the narrator's annual vacation?
5. How do the brothers behave at the County Fair?
6. What are some of the misadventures the family experiences on their drive to Michigan?
7. Summarize how Mother prepares the traditional Easter ham.
8. Where do the Bumpuses make their illegal liquor?
9. How does the house next door to the Shepherds transform after the Bumpus family moves in?
10. Describe the conditions inside the car during the drive to Clear Lake, Michigan.
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)