|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes on the Old Man's favorite ride at the County Fair?
(a) The Old Man and Mother only.
(b) Randy and his brother only.
(c) The Old Man and his two sons.
(d) The four members of the Shepherd family.
2. The narrator says that his family's annual trip to Michigan is bigger than what to him?
(c) His birthday.
(d) July 4th.
3. Soon after consuming three taffy apples, four hot dogs, and two root beers at the County Fair, what else does Randy ingest?
(a) A pickle and some buttermilk.
(b) Funnel cake and a fruit smoothie.
(c) Nachos and iced raspberry tea.
(d) A snow cone and three more root beers.
4. What does the narrator say to get Scut Farkas to challenge him at top spinning?
(a) "There's no good top men around here, anyway."
(b) "Top spinning is the easiest thing in the world."
(c) "Our school has never produced a top champion."
(d) "I can beat anybody, even the best top player here."
5. The narrator and his family eat practically the same thing every day, except on what occasion?
(b) New Year's.
(c) Fourth of July.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is one of the most popular playground games at his school?
2. Where does the Bumpus family like to go shopping?
3. Who is Iron Man Gabruzzi's arch-rival?
4. The Old Man is loyal to the Oldsmobile, but he deviates from his dedication to drive what automobile brand?
5. When the Old Man gets himself a beer at the fair, what does he get for his older son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the misadventures the family experiences on their drive to Michigan?
2. Why does the narrator grow more and more uncomfortable at the party with Josephine?
3. Where does the narrator find a top worthy of a battle against Scut Farkas, the school's bully and master top spinner?
4. What happens to the much anticipated Easter ham in Story One?
5. Describe Daphne Bigelow, the girl of the narrator's dreams.
6. On departure day, why does the Shepherd family fail to leave for their annual trip at six in the morning as planned?
7. What does the narrator compare the prom to?
8. At the end of the Shepherd family's County Fair excursion, what is the Old Man's assessment?
9. What are some of the items the narrator finds in the box of toys his mother sends him when he's an adult?
10. How does Delbert Bumpus disrupt life at school?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)