|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Mariah?
2. Where does the narrator begin training for his matches against Scut Farkas?
(a) His basement.
(b) His driveway.
(c) School gym.
(d) Flick's backyard.
3. How long does the Shepherd-Bumpus feud last?
(a) Nine years.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Until the Bumpus family moves away.
(d) Until the narrator goes off to college.
4. Soon after consuming three taffy apples, four hot dogs, and two root beers at the County Fair, what else does Randy ingest?
(a) A snow cone and three more root beers.
(b) Nachos and iced raspberry tea.
(c) A pickle and some buttermilk.
(d) Funnel cake and a fruit smoothie.
5. When Mother prepares the ham, she tops it with what?
(a) Cranberry sauce.
(b) Apple slices.
(c) A maraschino cherry.
(d) A cup of sherry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when, during the family's road trip, the Old Man refuses the opportunity to purchase gas at the last station?
2. What happens during the Old Man's favorite ride at the fair?
3. When the narrator realizes he forgot to pack something for the Michigan trip, where does he remember leaving it?
4. What does the narrator say to get Scut Farkas to challenge him at top spinning?
5. Who goes on the Old Man's favorite ride at the County Fair?
Short Essay Questions
1. With the Bumpuses long gone, who finally moves in next door to the Shepherds?
2. Where do the Bumpuses make their illegal liquor?
3. How does the narrator describe getting to the County Fair?
4. Describe some of the interesting sights the four members of the Shepherd family see while they are together at the County Fair.
5. What happens to the much anticipated Easter ham in Story One?
6. How does the Old Man feel towards the Bumpus family?
7. How does the narrator's date with Daphne end?
8. During their road trip, the narrator is convinced that he left his fishing gear back home. What does he discover about his gear at the end of the story?
9. Describe how the narrator prepares for his date with Daphne.
10. Describe the Shepherd family's annual summer vacation.
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)