|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Old Man is loyal to the Oldsmobile, but he deviates from his dedication to drive what automobile brand?
2. Once the Shepherds get to the County Fair, Randy accompanies his mother to see what?
(a) Some of the home crafts.
(b) A magic show.
(c) The dogs and cats show.
(d) The clown acts.
3. The narrator realizes he has found his weapon when the black-shawled lady pulls what out of a box?
(a) A rabbit's foot for good luck.
(b) A tiki head that symbolizes power and glory.
(c) Instruction booklet on how to win top spinning matches.
(d) Silver top that looks like Scut's top.
4. When the narrator visits a museum as an adult, what special item does he find?
(a) A yo-yo used by the 1964 yo-yo world champion.
(b) A skateboard donated by a famous sports star.
(c) A top believed to have belonged to a former President.
(d) A softball signed by his favorite ballplayer.
5. A week before taking his family to Michigan for their vacation, the Old Man makes a phone call to request what?
(a) Larger houseboat.
(b) Deluxe room.
(c) Green cabin.
(d) King-size tent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of the crowds, how far away from the County Fair does the narrator say his father has to park?
2. What happens when Grover Dill insults Delbert Bumpus' name?
3. At what point does the narrator realize they are halfway to their Michigan destination?
4. After being greeted by a woman wearing a black shawl, what does the narrator ask for?
5. What type of student is Delbert Bumpus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Shepherd family's arrival at Ollie Hopnoodle's resort in Clear Lake.
2. How does the Old Man handle all the problems the family encounters en route to Michigan?
3. Describe the yard of the Bumpus family.
4. Describe some of the interesting sights the four members of the Shepherd family see while they are together at the County Fair.
5. How does the Old Man feel towards the Bumpus family?
6. Which member of the narrator's family seems to be the most excited at the County Fair?
7. What happens after the narrator uses a dummy top and lets Farkas win the first round?
8. At the end of the Shepherd family's County Fair excursion, what is the Old Man's assessment?
9. How does Delbert Bumpus disrupt life at school?
10. How does the house next door to the Shepherds transform after the Bumpus family moves in?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)