|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the fair, who wins the dirt races by half a car length?
(b) Iron Man.
(c) Rocket Dude.
2. For how many years does the Shepherd family take its annual pilgrimage to Clear Lake?
3. What happens during the Old Man's favorite ride at the fair?
(a) The narrator cries and screams the entire ride.
(b) Randy throws up all over his brother and father.
(c) The Old Man loses his glasses, which fall and shatter.
(d) The ride breaks down and they're stuck upside down for forty minutes.
4. Once the family arrives at the County Fair, the narrator accompanies his father where?
(a) Riding the carousel.
(b) To the fire-breathing act.
(c) Riding the bumper cars.
(d) To the dusty dirt track.
5. At what point does the narrator realize they are halfway to their Michigan destination?
(a) When Randy throws up, because he does this every year at the halfway mark.
(b) When the contents of the car have shifted so much he can no longer move.
(c) After they've been driving for six hours without stopping.
(d) After he almost faints from dehydration and heat exhaustion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following do Randy and his brother NOT eat at the County Fair?
2. What happens to the house next door to the narrator after the Bumpus family moves in?
3. What is the Old Man's absolute favorite ride at the County Fair?
4. What do the Old Man and Mother do well into the night in preparation for their Michigan trip?
5. During the family's road trip to Michigan, why does Mother suddenly insist that the Old Man stop the car?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the narrator prepares for his spinning tops battle against Farkas.
2. What are the Mariah and the Wolf?
3. What is the final outcome of the battle of the spinning tops between Scut Farkas and the narrator?
4. How does the Old Man feel towards the Bumpus family?
5. Describe the race that the Old Man and the narrator watch at the County Fair.
6. How does the house next door to the Shepherds transform after the Bumpus family moves in?
7. At the end of the Shepherd family's County Fair excursion, what is the Old Man's assessment?
8. How do the brothers behave at the County Fair?
9. Which member of the narrator's family seems to be the most excited at the County Fair?
10. How does the narrator describe getting to the County Fair?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)