|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of student is Delbert Bumpus?
(a) A disruptive one who misses a lot of school.
(b) One who excels in music.
(c) One whom others envy.
(d) A promising one who needs bigger challenges.
2. When the narrator visits a museum as an adult, what special item does he find?
(a) A softball signed by his favorite ballplayer.
(b) A skateboard donated by a famous sports star.
(c) A top believed to have belonged to a former President.
(d) A yo-yo used by the 1964 yo-yo world champion.
3. At their Michigan destination, what does the narrator say when the Old Man starts talking about going fishing?
(a) He says he'll stay in the cabin reading comic books.
(b) He reminds his father that he forgot to pack his gear.
(c) He says he can't wait to go fishing.
(d) He laments out loud that this is the worst trip ever.
4. The narrator says that his family's annual trip to Michigan is bigger than what to him?
(b) July 4th.
(c) His birthday.
5. During the family's road trip to Michigan, why does Mother suddenly insist that the Old Man stop the car?
(a) She knows Randy is about to throw up.
(b) They haven't had a bathroom stop in six hours.
(c) The contents of the car have shifted and she's getting squished by supplies.
(d) She needs to check on the narrator, who looks overheated and dehydrated.
Short Answer Questions
1. For the family's Michigan trip, what does the Old Man pack into the Sears luggage rack on the car roof?
2. The Old Man is loyal to the Oldsmobile, but he deviates from his dedication to drive what automobile brand?
3. Once the Shepherds get to the County Fair, Randy accompanies his mother to see what?
4. Does the narrator tell his friends about his training and his intentions to beat Scut Farkas?
5. On the morning of the family's departure for their Michigan trip, Mother is in the kitchen scrambling eggs and making coffee while the Old Man is doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the Bumpuses make their illegal liquor?
2. What happens to the much anticipated Easter ham in Story One?
3. Explain how the narrator prepares for his spinning tops battle against Farkas.
4. Who does most of the work when it's time to prepare for the narrator's annual vacation?
5. What are some of the misadventures the family experiences on their drive to Michigan?
6. Describe the yard of the Bumpus family.
7. How do the brothers behave at the County Fair?
8. How does the house next door to the Shepherds transform after the Bumpus family moves in?
9. Which member of the narrator's family seems to be the most excited at the County Fair?
10. During their road trip, the narrator is convinced that he left his fishing gear back home. What does he discover about his gear at the end of the story?
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)