|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The night of his date with Josie, the narrator arrives with what?
(a) His bicycle.
(b) The family car.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A box of chocolates.
2. Why is the adult narrator embarrassed when the doorman sees him?
(a) He forgot to tip the doorman that week.
(b) He has chocolate on his face and spilled milk on his trousers.
(c) He's covered in toys from his youth, including a space helmet and a zap gun.
(d) In his hurry to open his mysterious package, he forgot to get dressed.
3. By the time Josie and the narrator have reached their homes walking from the grocery store, what has transpired?
(a) He has professed his love to her.
(b) He has asked her out on a date.
(c) She has told him she has a boyfriend.
(d) She has invited him to a party.
4. After his date with Daphne, how does the narrator get home?
(a) Is driven by the chauffeur.
(b) Hitches a ride.
(c) Rides his bike.
5. When Mr. Bigelow chats with the narrator as he waits for Daphne at her house, the man mistakes the young man for who?
(a) One of Daphne's former boyfriends.
(b) A member of the Bumpus family.
(c) One of the Pittsburgh Steel Shepherds.
(d) The son of a wealthy socialite.
6. Why did Howie quit high school?
(a) He was failing.
(b) To work and support his aging parents.
(c) He never liked school.
(d) To get married.
7. What conflict does the narrator face between the girl next door and basketball?
(a) She wants to watch him play basketball, but he's no good.
(b) He loves basketball, but she has an irrational fear of basketball courts.
(c) He's attending a party with her on the night of a big basketball game.
(d) Her boyfriend is on the narrator's basketball team.
8. Who does the narrator find in his biology class?
(a) A girl with an enormous crush on him.
(b) The smartest girl he's ever met.
(c) The girl of his dreams.
(d) The most annoying girl he's ever met.
9. Where must the narrator and his friends rent prom clothes from?
(a) Anthony's Fancy Clothes.
(b) Julie Bee's Formal Suits & Gowns.
(c) Al Swank's Formalwear.
(d) Gizelle's Swanky Threads.
10. In Story Five, when the narrator, Schwartz, and Flick hitchhike home from school, who picks them up?
(a) Their math teacher.
(b) Mr. Pulaski.
(c) Rough-looking steelworker.
(d) Their basketball coach.
11. When the doorman retrieves a childhood toy for the adult narrator, who does he have to fight for it?
(a) Senile old man who found it.
(b) Local auctioneer.
(c) Thrift shop owner.
(d) Little boy who had picked it up.
12. As an adult, the narrator is a former what?
(a) Police officer.
13. When the narrator opens a package that he receives as an adult, what is the first item he pulls out?
(a) His old stamp collection.
(b) Brownie Bear.
(c) A photo album.
(d) Flaming Flamingo.
14. When the narrator and Josie reach the party destination, where does he think he is?
(a) House of a wealthy family.
(b) The Elks Club.
(c) A new club in town.
(d) Two counties over.
15. While the narrator is watering the lawn, who walks by?
(a) Mr. Pulaski.
(b) Wanda Hickey.
(c) Daphne Bigelow.
(d) Scut Farkas.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the narrator waters the lawn and ponders his prom fate, how does he distract himself?
2. Why do the narrator and his friends parade in front of their neighbors' house after a new family moves in?
3. When does the narrator share with his family the news of his date with Daphne?
4. Before the narrator can invite a girl to the Spring Dance, he decides that first they must what?
5. In Story 7, the narrator is what?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)