|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Spring semester in Biology II class, Daphne is what?
(a) Assigned to tutor the narrator in class.
(b) Assigned to be the narrator's lab partner.
(c) Absent for three weeks.
(d) Showing romantic interest in the narrator.
2. Why do the narrator and his friends parade in front of their neighbors' house after a new family moves in?
(a) To count how many people live there.
(b) To catch a glimpse of the exotic beauty who is their age.
(c) They hope to be invited in for milk and cookies.
(d) To see if there are any boys their age in the family.
3. Before the narrator can invite a girl to the Spring Dance, he decides that first they must what?
(a) Have a regular date.
(b) Learn how to dance.
(c) Have lunch together at the cafeteria.
(d) Complete their class project.
4. Who does the narrator find in his biology class?
(a) A girl with an enormous crush on him.
(b) The girl of his dreams.
(c) The most annoying girl he's ever met.
(d) The smartest girl he's ever met.
5. How does the narrator's memorable prom night end?
(a) He hastily says goodbye to his date and runs down the street, where he throws up.
(b) He rips his suit and has to pay for damages.
(c) He runs out of gas and has to walk back home.
(d) He passes out on the sidewalk and wakes up to a dog licking his face.
6. When the narrator and Josie reach the party destination, where does he think he is?
(a) Two counties over.
(b) A new club in town.
(c) House of a wealthy family.
(d) The Elks Club.
7. When the narrator emerges from the bathroom after bathing and grooming for his date with the girl next door, what condition is the bathroom in?
(a) The bathroom floor is soaking wet.
(b) No soap or hot water are left.
(c) The room reeks of shaving cream and hair spray.
(d) The walls are dripping wet and the paint is peeling.
8. What does the narrator do when he meets Josie on the way home from Pulaski's store?
(a) Grows shy and walks away.
(b) Helps her with her groceries.
(c) Offers her a candy bar.
(d) Trips and falls in front of her.
9. What is the biggest event of the narrator's junior year in high school?
(b) Valentine's Day Dance.
(c) Junior Prom.
(d) Inaugural Prom.
10. The narrator and his date accompany another couple to the prom on a double-date. Who is the other couple?
(a) Schwartz and Clara.
(b) Flick and Fiona.
(c) Josephine and Arnold.
(d) Daphne and Lyle.
11. In Story Five, when the narrator, Schwartz, and Flick hitchhike home from school, who picks them up?
(a) Rough-looking steelworker.
(b) Mr. Pulaski.
(c) Their math teacher.
(d) Their basketball coach.
12. What sounds does the narrator hear from the package that he receives as an adult?
(a) Shattered glass and a bell.
(b) A duck quacking and the clanking of contents.
(c) The sounds of springs and gears.
(d) A mechanical whirring and a strange squeak.
13. How does Wanda feel about the narrator?
(a) She thinks he's cute but dull.
(b) She's disgusted by what he orders at the Rooster.
(c) She's had a crush on him for years and thinks she may love him.
(d) She thinks he's OK but she wishes Schwartz had asked her to the prom.
14. The prom outfit for each boy includes a white jacket, dark trousers, shoes, socks, shirt, tie, boutonniere, and what else?
(b) Top hat.
(d) Matching handkerchief.
15. The narrator notes that Howie used to be fun, but now he's always what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator, as an adult, receive from his mother?
2. What was the character Wimpy known for in old cartoons?
3. As an adult, the narrator lives in what type of dwelling?
4. When the Spring Dance is announced, who does the narrator decide to invite?
5. Why did Howie quit high school?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)