|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator, as an adult, receive from his mother?
(a) A BB gun she never let him have when he was a kid.
(b) A letter in which she says she recently saw Daphne.
(c) A package of childhood mementos.
(d) A childhood book that she should have sent to Randy instead.
2. The night of his first date with the neighbor girl, how long does it take the narrator to bathe and groom?
(a) Three and a half hours.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Just under two hours.
(d) An hour.
3. What is the second item the narrator pulls out of the package he receives as an adult?
(a) Crazy Clown.
(b) Wimpy Doll.
(c) Mighty Monkey.
(d) Fuzzy Elephant.
4. In Story 7, the narrator is what?
(a) Celebrating his eighteenth birthday.
(b) Just starting out on his own.
(c) Applying for a job.
(d) Fully grown.
5. As the narrator waters the lawn and ponders his prom fate, how does he distract himself?
(a) By watching his neighbor Josephine through the window.
(b) By occasionally spraying his younger brother.
(c) By scheming how he's going to get out of having to attend prom.
(d) By thinking about the most recent science fiction novel he's read.
6. Once inside the party location with Josie, the narrator realizes he's at a what?
(c) Movie theater.
(d) Community center.
7. During what holiday do we find the narrator at the start of Story 7?
(a) Valentine's Day.
8. Where does the new family next door to the Shepherds move from?
9. When the narrator and Josie reach the party destination, where does he think he is?
(a) A new club in town.
(b) House of a wealthy family.
(c) The Elks Club.
(d) Two counties over.
10. Mother wants the narrator to invite which girl to the prom?
(a) Wanda Hickey.
(b) Angeline O'Connor.
(c) Daphne Bigelow.
(d) Regina Delfin.
11. The night of his date with Josie, the narrator arrives with what?
(a) A box of chocolates.
(b) His bicycle.
(c) The family car.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
12. How does Wanda feel about the narrator?
(a) She's had a crush on him for years and thinks she may love him.
(b) She thinks he's cute but dull.
(c) She's disgusted by what he orders at the Rooster.
(d) She thinks he's OK but she wishes Schwartz had asked her to the prom.
13. What does the Old Man believe regarding one's prom date?
(a) She should look better than the boy she's with.
(b) The choice for prom date can foretell one's future.
(c) The boy must show utter and complete respect towards his date.
(d) She should not wear a trashy dress.
14. When Mr. Bigelow chats with the narrator as he waits for Daphne at her house, the man mistakes the young man for who?
(a) The son of a wealthy socialite.
(b) One of the Pittsburgh Steel Shepherds.
(c) One of Daphne's former boyfriends.
(d) A member of the Bumpus family.
15. During Spring semester in Biology II class, Daphne is what?
(a) Showing romantic interest in the narrator.
(b) Assigned to tutor the narrator in class.
(c) Absent for three weeks.
(d) Assigned to be the narrator's lab partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator feel when, as an adult, he receives a mysterious package?
2. When the narrator is invited inside his neighbors' house, what is he expected to do while he waits for Josie to finish getting ready?
3. The narrator notes that Howie used to be fun, but now he's always what?
4. When the Spring Dance is announced, who does the narrator decide to invite?
5. Who does the narrator find in his biology class?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)