|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the new family next door to the Shepherds move from?
2. What is the narrator wearing on his date with Daphne?
(a) Baby blue trousers.
(b) Charcoal gray pinstripe suit.
(c) Electric blue sports coat.
(d) Red velvet vest.
3. At the end of Story 7, what does the narrator do with his box of childhood memories?
(a) Puts it away in his closet.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Mails it to his brother.
(d) Donates it to Goodwill.
4. By the time Josie and the narrator have reached their homes walking from the grocery store, what has transpired?
(a) She has told him she has a boyfriend.
(b) He has professed his love to her.
(c) She has invited him to a party.
(d) He has asked her out on a date.
5. What does the Old Man believe regarding one's prom date?
(a) She should look better than the boy she's with.
(b) The choice for prom date can foretell one's future.
(c) The boy must show utter and complete respect towards his date.
(d) She should not wear a trashy dress.
6. The weekend before prom, what is the narrator's fate?
(a) He hasn't yet asked Daphne to the prom.
(b) He's decided to pretend to get sick so he can ditch the prom.
(c) He's asked Daphne, but she said no.
(d) All of the girls he's invited have soundly rejected him.
7. The narrator is ecstatic in his Biology II class because of what?
(a) With his new tutor, he's sure to get an A.
(b) It's spring and he's feeling the excitement of the season.
(c) A pretty girl finally has a big crush on him.
(d) He gets to talk with the girl of his dreams on a weekly basis.
8. What does the narrator, as an adult, receive from his mother?
(a) A letter in which she says she recently saw Daphne.
(b) A package of childhood mementos.
(c) A BB gun she never let him have when he was a kid.
(d) A childhood book that she should have sent to Randy instead.
9. In his daydreams, the narrator envisions himself impressing his lady friend with what dance?
10. As an adult, the narrator is a former what?
(b) Police officer.
11. The narrator, as an adult, owns some fine furniture and has a what?
12. When the narrator is invited inside his neighbors' house, what is he expected to do while he waits for Josie to finish getting ready?
(a) Share his life story with her parents.
(b) Partake of a heavy meal.
(c) Reveal what he plans to do after high school.
(d) Stand in the hallway until she's ready.
13. During Spring semester in Biology II class, Daphne is what?
(a) Assigned to tutor the narrator in class.
(b) Absent for three weeks.
(c) Showing romantic interest in the narrator.
(d) Assigned to be the narrator's lab partner.
14. As the narrator nervously talks with Mr. Bigelow, he does what?
(a) Accidentally calls the man Mr. Bumpus.
(b) Fumbles with coins and spills sherry.
(c) Chokes on an appetizer and turns beet red.
(d) Brags about being a star basketball player and top student.
15. When the Spring Dance is announced, who does the narrator decide to invite?
(a) Daphne Bigelow.
(b) Penelope Sanders.
(c) Josie Cosnowski.
(d) Wanda Hickey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mother wants the narrator to invite which girl to the prom?
2. When his friends ask the narrator who he plans to invite to the big dance, what does he say?
3. How does Wanda feel about the narrator?
4. Who does the narrator find in his biology class?
5. What is the second item the narrator pulls out of the package he receives as an adult?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)