|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The night of his first date with the neighbor girl, how long does it take the narrator to bathe and groom?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) Just under two hours.
(c) An hour.
(d) Three and a half hours.
2. What is the name of the new girl next door whom the narrator is smitten by?
3. The narrator, as an adult, owns some fine furniture and has a what?
4. Why is the adult narrator embarrassed when the doorman sees him?
(a) He forgot to tip the doorman that week.
(b) He has chocolate on his face and spilled milk on his trousers.
(c) He's covered in toys from his youth, including a space helmet and a zap gun.
(d) In his hurry to open his mysterious package, he forgot to get dressed.
5. Before the narrator can invite a girl to the Spring Dance, he decides that first they must what?
(a) Complete their class project.
(b) Have lunch together at the cafeteria.
(c) Learn how to dance.
(d) Have a regular date.
6. Who answers the door when the narrator goes to Daphne's house?
(b) Her father.
(c) The butler.
(d) Her sister.
7. As an adult, the narrator is a former what?
(b) Police officer.
8. What is the second item the narrator pulls out of the package he receives as an adult?
(a) Crazy Clown.
(b) Mighty Monkey.
(c) Fuzzy Elephant.
(d) Wimpy Doll.
9. What do Daphne and the narrator watch at the Orpheum?
(a) John Wayne movie.
(b) Charlie Chaplin movie.
(c) Little Rascals.
(d) Gone With The Wind.
10. When the doorman retrieves a childhood toy for the adult narrator, who does he have to fight for it?
(a) Senile old man who found it.
(b) Thrift shop owner.
(c) Local auctioneer.
(d) Little boy who had picked it up.
11. What was the character Wimpy known for in old cartoons?
(a) Running in circles.
(b) Flying kites.
(c) Eating hamburgers.
(d) Being forgetful.
12. How does the narrator react when he sees Josie all dressed up for the party?
(a) He's mesmerized.
(b) He almost passes out.
(c) He feels underdressed.
(d) He wonders why she's dressed so casually.
13. Who does the narrator finally invite to the prom?
(a) Daphne Bigelow.
(b) Wanda Hickey.
(c) Jenny Lunt.
(d) Almira Davidson.
14. What conflict does the narrator face between the girl next door and basketball?
(a) Her boyfriend is on the narrator's basketball team.
(b) He's attending a party with her on the night of a big basketball game.
(c) He loves basketball, but she has an irrational fear of basketball courts.
(d) She wants to watch him play basketball, but he's no good.
15. The night of his date with Josie, the narrator arrives with what?
(a) A box of chocolates.
(b) His bicycle.
(c) The family car.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Story 7, what does the narrator do with his box of childhood memories?
2. When the Spring Dance is announced, who does the narrator decide to invite?
3. When the narrator emerges from the bathroom after preparing for his date with Josie, his face is covered with what?
4. During what holiday do we find the narrator at the start of Story 7?
5. What is the name of the Bigelow family's chauffeur?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)