|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the narrator can invite a girl to the Spring Dance, he decides that first they must what?
(a) Complete their class project.
(b) Have lunch together at the cafeteria.
(c) Have a regular date.
(d) Learn how to dance.
2. In his daydreams, the narrator envisions himself impressing his lady friend with what dance?
3. How does Wanda feel about the narrator?
(a) She's disgusted by what he orders at the Rooster.
(b) She's had a crush on him for years and thinks she may love him.
(c) She thinks he's OK but she wishes Schwartz had asked her to the prom.
(d) She thinks he's cute but dull.
4. As the narrator prepares for his first date with Daphne, he goes through half a bar of Lifebuoy soap, Old Spice talcum powder, and what else?
(a) A bottle of Ralph Lauren cologne.
(b) Pepsodent toothpaste and a gallon of Listerine mouthwash.
(c) Three Gillette razors and a can of Barbasol shaving cream.
(d) A stick of Drysol deodorant.
5. How does the narrator's memorable prom night end?
(a) He rips his suit and has to pay for damages.
(b) He hastily says goodbye to his date and runs down the street, where he throws up.
(c) He runs out of gas and has to walk back home.
(d) He passes out on the sidewalk and wakes up to a dog licking his face.
6. What does Howie do now, since quitting high school?
(a) Eats at a soup kitchen for the homeless.
(b) Volunteers in the community.
(c) Works two jobs to make ends meet.
(d) Runs his own business.
7. What conflict does the narrator face between the girl next door and basketball?
(a) He loves basketball, but she has an irrational fear of basketball courts.
(b) He's attending a party with her on the night of a big basketball game.
(c) Her boyfriend is on the narrator's basketball team.
(d) She wants to watch him play basketball, but he's no good.
8. The narrator and his date accompany another couple to the prom on a double-date. Who is the other couple?
(a) Daphne and Lyle.
(b) Schwartz and Clara.
(c) Flick and Fiona.
(d) Josephine and Arnold.
9. As an adult, the narrator is a former what?
(a) Police officer.
10. Who does the narrator finally invite to the prom?
(a) Almira Davidson.
(b) Daphne Bigelow.
(c) Jenny Lunt.
(d) Wanda Hickey.
11. The narrator notes that Howie used to be fun, but now he's always what?
12. What is the name of the new girl next door whom the narrator is smitten by?
13. One of the adult narrator's prized collections is a set of first edition comics of what cartoon?
14. When the narrator and Josie reach the party destination, where does he think he is?
(a) A new club in town.
(b) The Elks Club.
(c) House of a wealthy family.
(d) Two counties over.
15. When the Spring Dance is announced, who does the narrator decide to invite?
(a) Josie Cosnowski.
(b) Penelope Sanders.
(c) Wanda Hickey.
(d) Daphne Bigelow.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the doorman retrieves a childhood toy for the adult narrator, who does he have to fight for it?
2. How does the narrator invite the girl of his dreams on a date?
3. Why do the narrator and his friends parade in front of their neighbors' house after a new family moves in?
4. When his friends ask the narrator who he plans to invite to the big dance, what does he say?
5. As an adult, the narrator lives in what type of dwelling?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)