|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Story 7, the narrator is what?
(a) Just starting out on his own.
(b) Applying for a job.
(c) Fully grown.
(d) Celebrating his eighteenth birthday.
2. After the prom dance, Schwartz and the narrator take their dates to the Rooster where, trying to impress, they order what?
(a) Foie gras.
3. How does the Old Man react to the news that the narrator has asked Max Bigelow's daughter out on a date?
(a) He's impressed.
(b) It means nothing to him.
(c) He asks the narrator if he's out of his mind.
(d) He doesn't take the news seriously.
4. After his date with Daphne, how does the narrator get home?
(a) Hitches a ride.
(b) Rides his bike.
(d) Is driven by the chauffeur.
5. During what holiday do we find the narrator at the start of Story 7?
(c) Valentine's Day.
6. Where does the new family next door to the Shepherds move from?
7. Where do we find the narrator at the beginning of Story 7?
8. When the narrator opens a package that he receives as an adult, what is the first item he pulls out?
(a) His old stamp collection.
(b) Brownie Bear.
(c) A photo album.
(d) Flaming Flamingo.
9. What is the name of the family that moves next door to the Shepherds long after the Bumpuses move out?
10. When the doorman retrieves a childhood toy for the adult narrator, who does he have to fight for it?
(a) Thrift shop owner.
(b) Local auctioneer.
(c) Senile old man who found it.
(d) Little boy who had picked it up.
11. As the narrator nervously talks with Mr. Bigelow, he does what?
(a) Chokes on an appetizer and turns beet red.
(b) Brags about being a star basketball player and top student.
(c) Fumbles with coins and spills sherry.
(d) Accidentally calls the man Mr. Bumpus.
12. During Spring semester in Biology II class, Daphne is what?
(a) Assigned to be the narrator's lab partner.
(b) Absent for three weeks.
(c) Assigned to tutor the narrator in class.
(d) Showing romantic interest in the narrator.
13. When the narrator goes to Pulaski's grocery store on an errand for Mother, he talks to Howie, who used to do what?
(a) March with the band.
(b) Play on his softball team.
(c) Play high school football.
(d) Sing with the high school men's choir.
14. What is the name of the Bigelow family's chauffeur?
15. The narrator, as an adult, owns some fine furniture and has a what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What conflict does the narrator face between the girl next door and basketball?
2. As an adult, the narrator lives in what type of dwelling?
3. As the narrator waters the lawn and ponders his prom fate, how does he distract himself?
4. Who answers the door when the narrator goes to Daphne's house?
5. The prom outfit for each boy includes a white jacket, dark trousers, shoes, socks, shirt, tie, boutonniere, and what else?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)