|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mother wants the narrator to invite which girl to the prom?
(a) Wanda Hickey.
(b) Daphne Bigelow.
(c) Angeline O'Connor.
(d) Regina Delfin.
2. What is the name of the family that moves next door to the Shepherds long after the Bumpuses move out?
3. Where do we find the narrator at the beginning of Story 7?
4. When the Spring Dance is announced, who does the narrator decide to invite?
(a) Josie Cosnowski.
(b) Penelope Sanders.
(c) Daphne Bigelow.
(d) Wanda Hickey.
5. Once inside the party location with Josie, the narrator realizes he's at a what?
(a) Community center.
(d) Movie theater.
6. What sounds does the narrator hear from the package that he receives as an adult?
(a) Shattered glass and a bell.
(b) The sounds of springs and gears.
(c) A duck quacking and the clanking of contents.
(d) A mechanical whirring and a strange squeak.
7. When the narrator opens a package that he receives as an adult, what is the first item he pulls out?
(a) His old stamp collection.
(b) Flaming Flamingo.
(c) Brownie Bear.
(d) A photo album.
8. What is the name of the Bigelow family's chauffeur?
9. Who does the narrator find in his biology class?
(a) A girl with an enormous crush on him.
(b) The girl of his dreams.
(c) The smartest girl he's ever met.
(d) The most annoying girl he's ever met.
10. The Bigelow family's chauffeur drives Daphne and the narrator to the Orpheum in what?
(c) Rolls Royce.
11. The night of his date with Josie, the narrator arrives with what?
(a) His bicycle.
(b) A box of chocolates.
(c) The family car.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
12. When the doorman retrieves a childhood toy for the adult narrator, who does he have to fight for it?
(a) Thrift shop owner.
(b) Senile old man who found it.
(c) Little boy who had picked it up.
(d) Local auctioneer.
13. When the narrator emerges from the bathroom after preparing for his date with Josie, his face is covered with what?
(a) Aftershave lotion.
(c) Tissue scraps.
(d) Acne cream.
14. During Spring semester in Biology II class, Daphne is what?
(a) Absent for three weeks.
(b) Showing romantic interest in the narrator.
(c) Assigned to tutor the narrator in class.
(d) Assigned to be the narrator's lab partner.
15. At the end of Story 7, what does the narrator do with his box of childhood memories?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Mails it to his brother.
(c) Puts it away in his closet.
(d) Donates it to Goodwill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What conflict does the narrator face between the girl next door and basketball?
2. After his date with Daphne, how does the narrator get home?
3. How does the narrator react when he sees Josie all dressed up for the party?
4. The weekend before prom, what is the narrator's fate?
5. What is the name of the new girl next door whom the narrator is smitten by?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)