|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator is ecstatic in his Biology II class because of what?
(a) A pretty girl finally has a big crush on him.
(b) It's spring and he's feeling the excitement of the season.
(c) With his new tutor, he's sure to get an A.
(d) He gets to talk with the girl of his dreams on a weekly basis.
2. When his friends ask the narrator who he plans to invite to the big dance, what does he say?
(a) Daphne Bigelow.
(b) Josephine Cosnowski.
(c) Penelope Sanders.
(d) Wanda Hickey.
3. How does the narrator's memorable prom night end?
(a) He hastily says goodbye to his date and runs down the street, where he throws up.
(b) He rips his suit and has to pay for damages.
(c) He passes out on the sidewalk and wakes up to a dog licking his face.
(d) He runs out of gas and has to walk back home.
4. How does the narrator invite the girl of his dreams on a date?
(a) Has a friend ask for him.
(d) With a note.
5. Long after the Bumpuses move out, who moves in next door to the narrator?
(a) Czechoslovakian family.
(b) Lithuanian family.
(c) Polish family.
(d) Ukrainian family.
6. How does the narrator get to the Bigelow family's neighborhood?
(a) Gets a ride from his father.
(b) Long bus ride.
(c) Takes the family car.
(d) Long bike ride.
7. The prom outfit for each boy includes a white jacket, dark trousers, shoes, socks, shirt, tie, boutonniere, and what else?
(c) Matching handkerchief.
(d) Top hat.
8. Where must the narrator and his friends rent prom clothes from?
(a) Anthony's Fancy Clothes.
(b) Julie Bee's Formal Suits & Gowns.
(c) Al Swank's Formalwear.
(d) Gizelle's Swanky Threads.
9. What does the narrator start to worry about at the party with Josie?
(a) That his friends will make fun of him next time they see him.
(b) That Josie is far too pretty for a regular guy like him.
(c) That he'll have to get married and drop out of high school.
(d) That her parents will never like him.
10. As the narrator waters the lawn and ponders his prom fate, how does he distract himself?
(a) By thinking about the most recent science fiction novel he's read.
(b) By scheming how he's going to get out of having to attend prom.
(c) By watching his neighbor Josephine through the window.
(d) By occasionally spraying his younger brother.
11. On the big day of the prom, who helps the narrator get into his painful formal wear?
(d) The Old Man.
12. The night of his date with Josie, the narrator arrives with what?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) His bicycle.
(c) A box of chocolates.
(d) The family car.
13. What is the name of the new girl next door whom the narrator is smitten by?
14. How does the narrator leave the party he attends with Josie?
(a) Rides his bike.
(b) Drives home with Josie.
(c) Drives home alone.
(d) Runs away.
15. When the narrator emerges from the bathroom after preparing for his date with Josie, his face is covered with what?
(a) Aftershave lotion.
(b) Tissue scraps.
(d) Acne cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. In old cartoons, who was Wimpy?
2. What is the name of the Bigelow family's chauffeur?
3. What happens to the goodnight kiss between Wanda and the narrator?
4. Before the narrator can invite a girl to the Spring Dance, he decides that first they must what?
5. How does Wanda feel about the narrator?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)