|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator is ecstatic in his Biology II class because of what?
(a) It's spring and he's feeling the excitement of the season.
(b) He gets to talk with the girl of his dreams on a weekly basis.
(c) With his new tutor, he's sure to get an A.
(d) A pretty girl finally has a big crush on him.
2. What does the narrator do when he meets Josie on the way home from Pulaski's store?
(a) Helps her with her groceries.
(b) Trips and falls in front of her.
(c) Offers her a candy bar.
(d) Grows shy and walks away.
3. What does the narrator say that his family puts on their typical meals of meatloaf, red cabbage, and mashed potatoes?
(a) Gallons of ketchup.
(b) Tons of salt.
(c) Buckets of tabasco sauce.
(d) An overabundance of pepper.
4. As the narrator waters the lawn and ponders his prom fate, how does he distract himself?
(a) By watching his neighbor Josephine through the window.
(b) By thinking about the most recent science fiction novel he's read.
(c) By occasionally spraying his younger brother.
(d) By scheming how he's going to get out of having to attend prom.
5. The Bigelow family's chauffeur drives Daphne and the narrator to the Orpheum in what?
(b) Rolls Royce.
6. How does the narrator feel when, as an adult, he receives a mysterious package?
(a) Completely indifferent.
(b) Like he's five-years-old again.
(c) Old and burned out.
(d) First excited, then overcome by dread and caution.
7. The night of his first date with the neighbor girl, how long does it take the narrator to bathe and groom?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) Three and a half hours.
(c) An hour.
(d) Just under two hours.
8. Who answers the door when the narrator goes to Daphne's house?
(b) The butler.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her father.
9. How does the narrator leave the party he attends with Josie?
(a) Drives home with Josie.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Drives home alone.
(d) Rides his bike.
10. The narrator notes that Howie used to be fun, but now he's always what?
11. In what major way did Maxwell Bigelow help the community?
(a) Built a homeless shelter.
(b) Paid for a second gym at the high school.
(c) Donated the ice skating rink to the park.
(d) Opened a soup kitchen.
12. Why did Howie quit high school?
(a) He was failing.
(b) He never liked school.
(c) To work and support his aging parents.
(d) To get married.
13. How does the narrator react when he sees Josie all dressed up for the party?
(a) He wonders why she's dressed so casually.
(b) He almost passes out.
(c) He's mesmerized.
(d) He feels underdressed.
14. To the narrator, Daphne Bigelow is what?
(a) The personification of everything ideal in a girl.
(b) Snobbish, elitist, and no fun to be around.
(c) Charming, funny, and witty, but accident prone.
(d) The school's biggest braniac.
15. As an adult, the narrator is a former what?
(d) Police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the new girl next door whom the narrator is smitten by?
2. What is the biggest event of the narrator's junior year in high school?
3. Who does the narrator finally invite to the prom?
4. How does Wanda feel about the narrator?
5. What happens to the adult narrator's childhood fire chief hat?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)