|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator find in his biology class?
(a) The most annoying girl he's ever met.
(b) A girl with an enormous crush on him.
(c) The girl of his dreams.
(d) The smartest girl he's ever met.
2. One of the adult narrator's prized collections is a set of first edition comics of what cartoon?
3. What is the name of the Bigelow family's chauffeur?
4. What is the biggest event of the narrator's junior year in high school?
(a) Inaugural Prom.
(c) Junior Prom.
(d) Valentine's Day Dance.
5. What does the Old Man believe regarding one's prom date?
(a) The choice for prom date can foretell one's future.
(b) She should not wear a trashy dress.
(c) The boy must show utter and complete respect towards his date.
(d) She should look better than the boy she's with.
6. When the doorman retrieves a childhood toy for the adult narrator, who does he have to fight for it?
(a) Thrift shop owner.
(b) Little boy who had picked it up.
(c) Local auctioneer.
(d) Senile old man who found it.
7. What comment does Josie's mother make after her daughter appears, now ready for the party?
(a) Josie made her outfit by herself.
(b) The narrator had better treat Josie right.
(c) One day Josie will make a good wife.
(d) This is Josie's first date ever.
8. What do Daphne and the narrator watch at the Orpheum?
(a) Gone With The Wind.
(b) Charlie Chaplin movie.
(c) Little Rascals.
(d) John Wayne movie.
9. Mother wants the narrator to invite which girl to the prom?
(a) Daphne Bigelow.
(b) Wanda Hickey.
(c) Regina Delfin.
(d) Angeline O'Connor.
10. After the prom dance, Schwartz and the narrator take their dates to the Rooster where, trying to impress, they order what?
(c) Foie gras.
11. By the time Josie and the narrator have reached their homes walking from the grocery store, what has transpired?
(a) He has professed his love to her.
(b) She has told him she has a boyfriend.
(c) She has invited him to a party.
(d) He has asked her out on a date.
12. To the narrator, Daphne Bigelow is what?
(a) Snobbish, elitist, and no fun to be around.
(b) Charming, funny, and witty, but accident prone.
(c) The school's biggest braniac.
(d) The personification of everything ideal in a girl.
13. As the narrator nervously talks with Mr. Bigelow, he does what?
(a) Brags about being a star basketball player and top student.
(b) Chokes on an appetizer and turns beet red.
(c) Fumbles with coins and spills sherry.
(d) Accidentally calls the man Mr. Bumpus.
14. What does the narrator say that his family puts on their typical meals of meatloaf, red cabbage, and mashed potatoes?
(a) Tons of salt.
(b) An overabundance of pepper.
(c) Buckets of tabasco sauce.
(d) Gallons of ketchup.
15. The prom outfit for each boy includes a white jacket, dark trousers, shoes, socks, shirt, tie, boutonniere, and what else?
(a) Matching handkerchief.
(c) Top hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his date with Daphne, how does the narrator get home?
2. When the narrator is invited inside his neighbors' house, what is he expected to do while he waits for Josie to finish getting ready?
3. Once inside the party location with Josie, the narrator realizes he's at a what?
4. Why is the adult narrator embarrassed when the doorman sees him?
5. At the end of Story 7, what does the narrator do with his box of childhood memories?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)