|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Old Man react to the news that the narrator has asked Max Bigelow's daughter out on a date?
(a) He asks the narrator if he's out of his mind.
(b) He's impressed.
(c) It means nothing to him.
(d) He doesn't take the news seriously.
2. Once inside the party location with Josie, the narrator realizes he's at a what?
(a) Movie theater.
(d) Community center.
3. When Mr. Bigelow chats with the narrator as he waits for Daphne at her house, the man mistakes the young man for who?
(a) A member of the Bumpus family.
(b) The son of a wealthy socialite.
(c) One of the Pittsburgh Steel Shepherds.
(d) One of Daphne's former boyfriends.
4. What do Daphne and the narrator watch at the Orpheum?
(a) John Wayne movie.
(b) Gone With The Wind.
(c) Charlie Chaplin movie.
(d) Little Rascals.
5. Who does the narrator find in his biology class?
(a) The smartest girl he's ever met.
(b) A girl with an enormous crush on him.
(c) The most annoying girl he's ever met.
(d) The girl of his dreams.
6. When the narrator is invited inside his neighbors' house, what is he expected to do while he waits for Josie to finish getting ready?
(a) Reveal what he plans to do after high school.
(b) Stand in the hallway until she's ready.
(c) Share his life story with her parents.
(d) Partake of a heavy meal.
7. At the end of Story 7, what does the narrator do with his box of childhood memories?
(a) Donates it to Goodwill.
(b) Mails it to his brother.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Puts it away in his closet.
8. During what holiday do we find the narrator at the start of Story 7?
(d) Valentine's Day.
9. The prom outfit for each boy includes a white jacket, dark trousers, shoes, socks, shirt, tie, boutonniere, and what else?
(c) Top hat.
(d) Matching handkerchief.
10. The narrator notes that Howie used to be fun, but now he's always what?
11. On the big day of the prom, who helps the narrator get into his painful formal wear?
(d) The Old Man.
12. When the narrator emerges from the bathroom after bathing and grooming for his date with the girl next door, what condition is the bathroom in?
(a) The room reeks of shaving cream and hair spray.
(b) The bathroom floor is soaking wet.
(c) No soap or hot water are left.
(d) The walls are dripping wet and the paint is peeling.
13. Why do the narrator and his friends parade in front of their neighbors' house after a new family moves in?
(a) They hope to be invited in for milk and cookies.
(b) To catch a glimpse of the exotic beauty who is their age.
(c) To see if there are any boys their age in the family.
(d) To count how many people live there.
14. The narrator and his date accompany another couple to the prom on a double-date. Who is the other couple?
(a) Flick and Fiona.
(b) Josephine and Arnold.
(c) Schwartz and Clara.
(d) Daphne and Lyle.
15. How does the narrator's memorable prom night end?
(a) He runs out of gas and has to walk back home.
(b) He passes out on the sidewalk and wakes up to a dog licking his face.
(c) He rips his suit and has to pay for damages.
(d) He hastily says goodbye to his date and runs down the street, where he throws up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Bigelow family's chauffeur?
2. While the narrator is watering the lawn, who walks by?
3. The Bigelow family's chauffeur drives Daphne and the narrator to the Orpheum in what?
4. How does the narrator feel when, as an adult, he receives a mysterious package?
5. What was the character Wimpy known for in old cartoons?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)