|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Story 7, the narrator is what?
(a) Applying for a job.
(b) Celebrating his eighteenth birthday.
(c) Just starting out on his own.
(d) Fully grown.
2. When the narrator and Josie reach the party destination, where does he think he is?
(a) A new club in town.
(b) The Elks Club.
(c) Two counties over.
(d) House of a wealthy family.
3. After the prom dance, Schwartz and the narrator take their dates to the Rooster where, trying to impress, they order what?
(a) Foie gras.
4. While the narrator is watering the lawn, who walks by?
(a) Wanda Hickey.
(b) Daphne Bigelow.
(c) Mr. Pulaski.
(d) Scut Farkas.
5. When the narrator emerges from the bathroom after preparing for his date with Josie, his face is covered with what?
(a) Tissue scraps.
(c) Acne cream.
(d) Aftershave lotion.
6. On the big day of the prom, who helps the narrator get into his painful formal wear?
(a) The Old Man.
7. How does the narrator invite the girl of his dreams on a date?
(b) With a note.
(d) Has a friend ask for him.
8. Mother wants the narrator to invite which girl to the prom?
(a) Regina Delfin.
(b) Wanda Hickey.
(c) Daphne Bigelow.
(d) Angeline O'Connor.
9. To the narrator, Daphne Bigelow is what?
(a) The personification of everything ideal in a girl.
(b) Charming, funny, and witty, but accident prone.
(c) The school's biggest braniac.
(d) Snobbish, elitist, and no fun to be around.
10. What does the Old Man believe regarding one's prom date?
(a) She should not wear a trashy dress.
(b) The boy must show utter and complete respect towards his date.
(c) The choice for prom date can foretell one's future.
(d) She should look better than the boy she's with.
11. The narrator notes that Howie used to be fun, but now he's always what?
12. One of the adult narrator's prized collections is a set of first edition comics of what cartoon?
13. As the narrator waters the lawn and ponders his prom fate, how does he distract himself?
(a) By watching his neighbor Josephine through the window.
(b) By thinking about the most recent science fiction novel he's read.
(c) By scheming how he's going to get out of having to attend prom.
(d) By occasionally spraying his younger brother.
14. What do Schwartz and the narrator order after finishing the first item they order?
(a) Cherry cokes.
(b) Another round.
(c) Red wine.
(d) Ice cream sodas.
15. Who answers the door when the narrator goes to Daphne's house?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) The butler.
Short Answer Questions
1. As an adult, the narrator is a former what?
2. What does Howie do now, since quitting high school?
3. In what major way did Maxwell Bigelow help the community?
4. The night of his date with Josie, the narrator arrives with what?
5. How does the narrator's memorable prom night end?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)