Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Spring semester in Biology II class, Daphne is what?
(a) Assigned to be the narrator's lab partner.
(b) Showing romantic interest in the narrator.
(c) Assigned to tutor the narrator in class.
(d) Absent for three weeks.
2. By the end of the formal dance, the narrator says that flowers are wilted, jackets are limp, and what else?
(a) People are gasping for air.
(b) Everyone's sick of the whole mess.
(c) Everybody's ready for a milkshake.
(d) His car is soaked from a passing rain shower.
3. Once inside the party location with Josie, the narrator realizes he's at a what?
(a) Community center.
(c) Movie theater.
4. After the prom dance, Schwartz and the narrator take their dates to the Rooster where, trying to impress, they order what?
(c) Foie gras.
5. As an adult, the narrator is a former what?
(d) Police officer.
6. What happens to the adult narrator's childhood fire chief hat?
(a) Is stolen by a toy collector.
(b) Is sat upon and crushed.
(c) Gets chewed up by a dog.
(d) Falls out a window.
7. Why did Howie quit high school?
(a) He was failing.
(b) To work and support his aging parents.
(c) To get married.
(d) He never liked school.
8. Where does the new family next door to the Shepherds move from?
9. As the narrator prepares for his first date with Daphne, he goes through half a bar of Lifebuoy soap, Old Spice talcum powder, and what else?
(a) Pepsodent toothpaste and a gallon of Listerine mouthwash.
(b) A stick of Drysol deodorant.
(c) A bottle of Ralph Lauren cologne.
(d) Three Gillette razors and a can of Barbasol shaving cream.
10. When Mr. Bigelow chats with the narrator as he waits for Daphne at her house, the man mistakes the young man for who?
(a) One of the Pittsburgh Steel Shepherds.
(b) One of Daphne's former boyfriends.
(c) A member of the Bumpus family.
(d) The son of a wealthy socialite.
11. When the Spring Dance is announced, who does the narrator decide to invite?
(a) Wanda Hickey.
(b) Daphne Bigelow.
(c) Josie Cosnowski.
(d) Penelope Sanders.
12. How does the narrator invite the girl of his dreams on a date?
(c) With a note.
(d) Has a friend ask for him.
13. When the narrator is invited inside his neighbors' house, what is he expected to do while he waits for Josie to finish getting ready?
(a) Reveal what he plans to do after high school.
(b) Share his life story with her parents.
(c) Stand in the hallway until she's ready.
(d) Partake of a heavy meal.
14. What do Daphne and the narrator watch at the Orpheum?
(a) John Wayne movie.
(b) Charlie Chaplin movie.
(c) Little Rascals.
(d) Gone With The Wind.
15. The narrator notes that Howie used to be fun, but now he's always what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The prom outfit for each boy includes a white jacket, dark trousers, shoes, socks, shirt, tie, boutonniere, and what else?
2. What does the Old Man believe regarding one's prom date?
3. In Story 7, the narrator is what?
4. When the narrator and Josie reach the party destination, where does he think he is?
5. What is the name of the family that moves next door to the Shepherds long after the Bumpuses move out?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)