|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the narrator prepares for his first date with Daphne, he goes through half a bar of Lifebuoy soap, Old Spice talcum powder, and what else?
(a) A stick of Drysol deodorant.
(b) Three Gillette razors and a can of Barbasol shaving cream.
(c) Pepsodent toothpaste and a gallon of Listerine mouthwash.
(d) A bottle of Ralph Lauren cologne.
2. After his date with Daphne, how does the narrator get home?
(a) Hitches a ride.
(b) Is driven by the chauffeur.
(c) Rides his bike.
3. Who answers the door when the narrator goes to Daphne's house?
(a) Her sister.
(b) The butler.
(c) Her father.
4. When his friends ask the narrator who he plans to invite to the big dance, what does he say?
(a) Wanda Hickey.
(b) Penelope Sanders.
(c) Josephine Cosnowski.
(d) Daphne Bigelow.
5. When the narrator and Josie reach the party destination, where does he think he is?
(a) The Elks Club.
(b) A new club in town.
(c) Two counties over.
(d) House of a wealthy family.
6. In what major way did Maxwell Bigelow help the community?
(a) Built a homeless shelter.
(b) Opened a soup kitchen.
(c) Donated the ice skating rink to the park.
(d) Paid for a second gym at the high school.
7. When Mr. Bigelow chats with the narrator as he waits for Daphne at her house, the man mistakes the young man for who?
(a) One of Daphne's former boyfriends.
(b) A member of the Bumpus family.
(c) The son of a wealthy socialite.
(d) One of the Pittsburgh Steel Shepherds.
8. How does the narrator react when he sees Josie all dressed up for the party?
(a) He almost passes out.
(b) He's mesmerized.
(c) He feels underdressed.
(d) He wonders why she's dressed so casually.
9. In Story 7, the narrator is what?
(a) Just starting out on his own.
(b) Fully grown.
(c) Celebrating his eighteenth birthday.
(d) Applying for a job.
10. The narrator and his date accompany another couple to the prom on a double-date. Who is the other couple?
(a) Schwartz and Clara.
(b) Josephine and Arnold.
(c) Daphne and Lyle.
(d) Flick and Fiona.
11. When the narrator goes to Pulaski's grocery store on an errand for Mother, he talks to Howie, who used to do what?
(a) Sing with the high school men's choir.
(b) Play on his softball team.
(c) Play high school football.
(d) March with the band.
12. What is the second item the narrator pulls out of the package he receives as an adult?
(a) Crazy Clown.
(b) Mighty Monkey.
(c) Fuzzy Elephant.
(d) Wimpy Doll.
13. What comment does Josie's mother make after her daughter appears, now ready for the party?
(a) The narrator had better treat Josie right.
(b) This is Josie's first date ever.
(c) Josie made her outfit by herself.
(d) One day Josie will make a good wife.
14. When does the narrator share with his family the news of his date with Daphne?
(a) During dinner.
(b) As they sit in the parlor listening to the radio.
(c) Right after school.
(d) While grocery shopping.
15. How does the narrator invite the girl of his dreams on a date?
(a) With a note.
(b) Has a friend ask for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once inside the party location with Josie, the narrator realizes he's at a what?
2. How does Wanda feel about the narrator?
3. What do Schwartz and the narrator order after finishing the first item they order?
4. Where does the new family next door to the Shepherds move from?
5. What was the character Wimpy known for in old cartoons?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)