Short Essay Questions
1. Describe some of what makes the Shepherd family a traditional one.
2. How does the house next door to the Shepherds transform after the Bumpus family moves in?
3. How does the Old Man feel towards the Bumpus family?
4. How does Delbert Bumpus disrupt life at school?
5. Describe the yard of the Bumpus family.
6. Where do the Bumpuses make their illegal liquor?
7. Summarize how Mother prepares the traditional Easter ham.
8. What happens to the much anticipated Easter ham in Story One?
9. Describe the sense of anticipation the Shepherd family members feel as they prepare to experience the County Fair. What is each family member looking forward to the most?
10. How do the brothers behave at the County Fair?
11. Which member of the narrator's family seems to be the most excited at the County Fair?
12. How does the narrator describe getting to the County Fair?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)