|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story 7, The Return of the Smiling Wimpy Doll Summary:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator notes that Howie used to be fun, but now he's always what?
2. At the end of Story 7, what does the narrator do with his box of childhood memories?
(a) Donates it to Goodwill.
(b) Puts it away in his closet.
(c) Mails it to his brother.
(d) Burns it.
3. The narrator notes that the only way to get his father going in the morning is with what?
(a) The morning paper.
(b) A cigarette and coffee.
(c) A plate of bacon and eggs.
(d) A double espresso.
4. When the narrator emerges from the bathroom after bathing and grooming for his date with the girl next door, what condition is the bathroom in?
(a) The bathroom floor is soaking wet.
(b) The room reeks of shaving cream and hair spray.
(c) The walls are dripping wet and the paint is peeling.
(d) No soap or hot water are left.
5. In old cartoons, who was Wimpy?
(a) Sylvester's friend.
(b) Orphan Annie's uncle.
(c) Betty Boop's boyfriend.
(d) Popeye's sidekick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator begin training for his matches against Scut Farkas?
2. What is the little wooden house with the moon on the door found in the Bumpus' yard?
3. In the community, who is Maxwell Bigelow, Daphne's father?
4. A week before taking his family to Michigan for their vacation, the Old Man makes a phone call to request what?
5. When the narrator tells his father that he forgot to pack something important for the Michigan trip, what happens?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)