|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story 6, Daphne Bigelow and the Spine-chilling Saga of the Snail-encrusted Tinfoil Noose.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator emerges from the bathroom after preparing for his date with Josie, his face is covered with what?
(b) Tissue scraps.
(c) Acne cream.
(d) Aftershave lotion.
2. Who successfully rings the bell at the County Fair strong man exhibit?
(b) The Old Man.
3. What does Farkas mean when he challenges the narrator to play for keeps?
(a) Winner keeps the tops; the loser keeps away from the playground.
(b) Whoever loses the next round is never allowed to spin tops on the playground again.
(c) Both tops are released into a circle, and the first one to leave the circle loses.
(d) Whoever wins gets to take and keep the opponent's top.
4. What does Howie do now, since quitting high school?
(a) Volunteers in the community.
(b) Runs his own business.
(c) Eats at a soup kitchen for the homeless.
(d) Works two jobs to make ends meet.
5. How does the narrator leave the party he attends with Josie?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Drives home with Josie.
(c) Rides his bike.
(d) Drives home alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the family arrives at the County Fair, the narrator accompanies his father where?
2. When the narrator goes to Pulaski's grocery store on an errand for Mother, he talks to Howie, who used to do what?
3. When Farkas starts walking away from the narrator after their first top spinning contest, what does the narrator do?
4. Who does the narrator find in his biology class?
5. How does the narrator react when he sees Josie all dressed up for the party?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)