|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story 6, Daphne Bigelow and the Spine-chilling Saga of the Snail-encrusted Tinfoil Noose.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of top is the narrator looking for?
(a) Special edition top.
(b) Red top.
(c) Sparking top.
(d) Fighting top.
2. On the morning of the family's departure for their Michigan trip, Mother is in the kitchen scrambling eggs and making coffee while the Old Man is doing what?
(a) Making waffles.
(b) Packing the car.
(c) Yelling at the neighbors.
3. When the narrator is invited inside his neighbors' house, what is he expected to do while he waits for Josie to finish getting ready?
(a) Stand in the hallway until she's ready.
(b) Reveal what he plans to do after high school.
(c) Share his life story with her parents.
(d) Partake of a heavy meal.
4. What does the Old Man find touching when he's looking at the County Fair quilts with his family?
(a) A quilt commemorating beer making.
(b) A quilt commemorating ice hockey.
(c) Seeing Luke Appling on a quilt.
(d) Seeing a 92-year-old lady making quilt squares.
5. For how many years does the Shepherd family take its annual pilgrimage to Clear Lake?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator leave the party he attends with Josie?
2. What does the Old Man say every year when he and his family leave the County Fair?
3. In the community, who is Maxwell Bigelow, Daphne's father?
4. As the narrator nervously talks with Mr. Bigelow, he does what?
5. In what major way did Maxwell Bigelow help the community?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)