|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story Four, Ollie Hopnoodle's Haven of Bliss.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator lives in Northern Indiana with whom?
(a) Parents and grandmother.
(b) Father, mother, and sister.
(c) Father, mother, and brother.
(d) Parents and uncle.
2. How many Bumpuses move next door to the narrator and his family?
(b) Twelve Bumpuses and three of their friends.
(c) Nobody knows for sure.
3. What person does the forty-seven pound pumpkin at the County Fair resemble?
(a) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(b) Elvis Presley.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) Theodore Roosevelt.
4. After being greeted by a woman wearing a black shawl, what does the narrator ask for?
(a) His lost baseball.
(b) Cup of coffee.
(c) A top.
5. What happens to Grover after his confrontation with Delbert in Story One?
(a) The teacher suspends him for a day.
(b) He becomes angry and punches three kids.
(c) He's knocked flat on the ground and loses a shoe.
(d) He runs away in tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Soon after consuming three taffy apples, four hot dogs, and two root beers at the County Fair, what else does Randy ingest?
2. Which of the following are NOT found in the Bumpus' yard?
3. What do Mother and the boys do while the Old Man changes a flat tire on their way to Michigan?
4. What happens when, during the family's road trip, the Old Man refuses the opportunity to purchase gas at the last station?
5. What is the name of the Indiana town where most of the stories in the book supposedly take place?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)