|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story Four, Ollie Hopnoodle's Haven of Bliss.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the little wooden house with the moon on the door found in the Bumpus' yard?
(a) Moonshine making station.
(b) Dog house.
(c) Gun storage shed.
(d) Guest room.
2. Who goes on the Old Man's favorite ride at the County Fair?
(a) The Old Man and Mother only.
(b) The four members of the Shepherd family.
(c) The Old Man and his two sons.
(d) Randy and his brother only.
3. What does the narrator say is one of the most popular playground games at his school?
(a) Marble throwing.
(b) Four square.
(c) Top spinning.
4. What does the Old Man admire about his favorite ride at the County Fair?
(a) It makes him feel like a teenager again.
(b) It's a fine piece of machinery.
(c) It's just the right length.
(d) Very few dare to get on such a wild ride.
5. When the narrator starts spinning tops against Farkas, what does he use first?
(a) A dummy top.
(b) An old, chipped top.
(c) His best top.
(d) Schwartz's champion top.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the boys prepare for their Michigan vacation?
2. At the fair, who wins the dirt races by half a car length?
3. What does Farkas mean when he challenges the narrator to play for keeps?
4. When a crowd of kids gathers around the narrator and Farkas as they battle it out with their fancy spinning tops, what is the collective wish?
5. What name does the narrator give his "weapon"?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)