|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story Four, Ollie Hopnoodle's Haven of Bliss.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Old Man find touching when he's looking at the County Fair quilts with his family?
(a) Seeing Luke Appling on a quilt.
(b) Seeing a 92-year-old lady making quilt squares.
(c) A quilt commemorating ice hockey.
(d) A quilt commemorating beer making.
2. What are some of the items that adorn the Bumpus' yard?
(a) Fountains, flowers, and chipped pottery.
(b) Plastic alligators and chipped gnomes.
(c) Abstract art sculptures and rain barrels.
(d) License plates, tire pumps, and old batteries.
3. At what point does the narrator realize they are halfway to their Michigan destination?
(a) After they've been driving for six hours without stopping.
(b) When Randy throws up, because he does this every year at the halfway mark.
(c) After he almost faints from dehydration and heat exhaustion.
(d) When the contents of the car have shifted so much he can no longer move.
4. Among the animals at the fair, the Shepherds see what?
(a) A four-foot tall chicken.
(b) A two-headed llama.
(c) A dime-size frog.
(d) A grand champion pig.
5. What kind of top is the narrator looking for?
(a) Sparking top.
(b) Red top.
(c) Special edition top.
(d) Fighting top.
Short Answer Questions
1. For the family's Michigan trip, what does the Old Man pack into the Sears luggage rack on the car roof?
2. What name does the narrator give his "weapon"?
3. What is the name of the school the narrator attends?
4. What marks the start of the Shepherd-Bumpus feud?
5. In Story One, what sport does Delbert disrupt in gym class?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)