|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story 3, Scut Farkas and the Murderous Mariah.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of top is the narrator looking for?
(a) Red top.
(b) Special edition top.
(c) Fighting top.
(d) Sparking top.
2. Who goes on the Old Man's favorite ride at the County Fair?
(a) Randy and his brother only.
(b) The Old Man and his two sons.
(c) The four members of the Shepherd family.
(d) The Old Man and Mother only.
3. At the fair, who wins the dirt races by half a car length?
(a) Rocket Dude.
(c) Iron Man.
4. How long does the narrator practice with his fighting top?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two months.
5. After being greeted by a woman wearing a black shawl, what does the narrator ask for?
(a) A top.
(b) His lost baseball.
(c) Cup of coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Taylors, who lived next door to the narrator and his family for many years before the Bumpus family moved in, were what?
2. How does the final spinning top battle between Farkas and the narrator conclude?
3. The Old Man is loyal to the Oldsmobile, but he deviates from his dedication to drive what automobile brand?
4. What daredevil act do a couple of skinny blond girls perform at the County Fair?
5. Where does the narrator begin training for his matches against Scut Farkas?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)