|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story Two, County Fair!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of student is Delbert Bumpus?
(a) A disruptive one who misses a lot of school.
(b) One whom others envy.
(c) One who excels in music.
(d) A promising one who needs bigger challenges.
2. The night before the County Fair, the Old Man says he doesn't care if Mother checks out the quilts and raspberry jams so long as he and the narrator can do what?
(a) Watch the first heat of the dirt track races.
(b) Ride the "Lightning Strike" roller coaster.
(c) Watch the parade.
(d) Eat hot dogs, cotton candy, and funnel cakes.
3. What is the name of the Indiana town where most of the stories in the book supposedly take place?
4. Because of the crowds, how far away from the County Fair does the narrator say his father has to park?
(a) Six blocks.
(b) In Chicago.
(c) About four miles.
(d) Two towns over.
5. When Randy starts to whine the night before the County Fair, what does Mother promise him?
(a) Chocolate donut.
(b) Taffy apple.
(c) Peach candy.
(d) Cream soda.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Bumpuses move next door to the narrator and his family?
2. Which of the following are NOT found in the Bumpus' yard?
3. What happens during the Old Man's favorite ride at the fair?
4. What person does the forty-seven pound pumpkin at the County Fair resemble?
5. What subject does Miss Shields teach?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)