|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story 7, The Return of the Smiling Wimpy Doll Summary:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator goes to Pulaski's grocery store on an errand for Mother, he talks to Howie, who used to do what?
(a) Play on his softball team.
(b) Sing with the high school men's choir.
(c) March with the band.
(d) Play high school football.
2. To the narrator, Daphne Bigelow is what?
(a) Charming, funny, and witty, but accident prone.
(b) The personification of everything ideal in a girl.
(c) Snobbish, elitist, and no fun to be around.
(d) The school's biggest braniac.
3. In Story Five, when the narrator, Schwartz, and Flick hitchhike home from school, who picks them up?
(a) Their basketball coach.
(b) Mr. Pulaski.
(c) Rough-looking steelworker.
(d) Their math teacher.
4. Who answers the door when the narrator goes to Daphne's house?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her sister.
(c) The butler.
5. When Farkas starts walking away from the narrator after their first top spinning contest, what does the narrator do?
(a) Laughs at his opponent, calling him a chicken.
(b) Brings out his best top and throws it with an ominous spin.
(c) Runs after Farkas and tackles him to the ground.
(d) Spends another two weeks practicing to improve his technique.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the new girl next door whom the narrator is smitten by?
2. When the narrator visits a museum as an adult, what special item does he find?
3. As an adult, the narrator lives in what type of dwelling?
4. What happens to the adult narrator's childhood fire chief hat?
5. What does the narrator find, after almost not seeing it, tucked between two looming buildings?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)