|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story 7, The Return of the Smiling Wimpy Doll Summary:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who successfully rings the bell at the County Fair strong man exhibit?
(a) The Old Man.
2. How does the final spinning top battle between Farkas and the narrator conclude?
(a) The narrator wins and throws Farkas' top down the sewer.
(b) The narrator's kid brother comes from nowhere and steals both tops.
(c) Both tops leave the circle together and disappear down the sewer.
(d) Farkas wins and throws the narrator's top over the school fence into the street.
3. The night of his date with Josie, the narrator arrives with what?
(a) His bicycle.
(b) The family car.
(c) A box of chocolates.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
4. What happens during the Old Man's favorite ride at the fair?
(a) The Old Man loses his glasses, which fall and shatter.
(b) The narrator cries and screams the entire ride.
(c) Randy throws up all over his brother and father.
(d) The ride breaks down and they're stuck upside down for forty minutes.
5. What does the Old Man do trying to get a glimpse of the new family that moves in next door?
(a) Hits his head.
(b) Stubs his toe.
(c) Tears the window shade.
(d) Knocks over a lamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. As an adult, the narrator is a former what?
2. At the start of Story Four, what reminds the narrator of his annual family vacations to Clear Lake, Michigan?
3. In his daydreams, the narrator envisions himself impressing his lady friend with what dance?
4. One of the adult narrator's prized collections is a set of first edition comics of what cartoon?
5. What sounds does the narrator hear from the package that he receives as an adult?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)