|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story 7, The Return of the Smiling Wimpy Doll Summary:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sounds does the narrator hear from the package that he receives as an adult?
(a) A mechanical whirring and a strange squeak.
(b) The sounds of springs and gears.
(c) A duck quacking and the clanking of contents.
(d) Shattered glass and a bell.
2. What does the Old Man do two weeks prior to the family's departure for their annual Michigan vacation?
(a) Maps out the trip route, complete with stops and detours.
(b) Has a tuneup performed on their car.
(c) Starts telling everybody at work about his upcoming trip.
(d) Checks out library books to read during his vacation.
3. Who is spying on the narrator when he starts to spin tops against opponents?
(a) Junior Kissel.
(b) Grover Dill.
(c) Scut Farkas.
(d) Delbert Bumpus.
4. How many Bumpuses move next door to the narrator and his family?
(a) Twelve Bumpuses and three of their friends.
(b) Nobody knows for sure.
5. When a crowd of kids gathers around the narrator and Farkas as they battle it out with their fancy spinning tops, what is the collective wish?
(a) That Farkas doesn't turn on them.
(b) That for once, someone is able to beat Farkas.
(c) That it doesn't start raining.
(d) That the teacher doesn't catch them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator invite the girl of his dreams on a date?
2. What is the Mariah?
3. What happens to the house next door to the narrator after the Bumpus family moves in?
4. The narrator, as an adult, owns some fine furniture and has a what?
5. Halfway along the journey to Michigan, what does the narrator realize he forgot to pack?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)