|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story 7, The Return of the Smiling Wimpy Doll Summary:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the character Wimpy known for in old cartoons?
(a) Being forgetful.
(b) Flying kites.
(c) Running in circles.
(d) Eating hamburgers.
2. A week before taking his family to Michigan for their vacation, the Old Man makes a phone call to request what?
(a) King-size tent.
(b) Green cabin.
(c) Larger houseboat.
(d) Deluxe room.
3. When a crowd of kids gathers around the narrator and Farkas as they battle it out with their fancy spinning tops, what is the collective wish?
(a) That Farkas doesn't turn on them.
(b) That it doesn't start raining.
(c) That the teacher doesn't catch them.
(d) That for once, someone is able to beat Farkas.
4. In Daphne's neighborhood, the narrator notices that there is no smell of oil refineries in the air and even what?
(a) The houses are bigger.
(b) The trees grow taller.
(c) The roads are cleaner.
(d) The flowers are brighter.
5. At the end of Story 7, what does the narrator do with his box of childhood memories?
(a) Mails it to his brother.
(b) Puts it away in his closet.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Donates it to Goodwill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the new family next door to the Shepherds move from?
2. When the narrator goes to Pulaski's grocery store on an errand for Mother, he talks to Howie, who used to do what?
3. Who successfully rings the bell at the County Fair strong man exhibit?
4. When the Spring Dance is announced, who does the narrator decide to invite?
5. As the narrator prepares for his first date with Daphne, he goes through half a bar of Lifebuoy soap, Old Spice talcum powder, and what else?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)