|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story 3, Scut Farkas and the Murderous Mariah.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does the narrator tell his friends about his training and his intentions to beat Scut Farkas?
(b) He tells only Flick.
(d) He tells everyone but Flick.
2. How many Bumpuses move next door to the narrator and his family?
(a) Nobody knows for sure.
(d) Twelve Bumpuses and three of their friends.
3. What does the Old Man admire about his favorite ride at the County Fair?
(a) Very few dare to get on such a wild ride.
(b) It makes him feel like a teenager again.
(c) It's a fine piece of machinery.
(d) It's just the right length.
4. Who is spying on the narrator when he starts to spin tops against opponents?
(a) Junior Kissel.
(b) Scut Farkas.
(c) Grover Dill.
(d) Delbert Bumpus.
5. What is the name of the Indiana town where most of the stories in the book supposedly take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Old Man do trying to get a glimpse of the new family that moves in next door?
2. How does the final spinning top battle between Farkas and the narrator conclude?
3. When the narrator starts spinning tops against Farkas, what does he use first?
4. What happens during the Old Man's favorite ride at the fair?
5. How long does the narrator practice with his fighting top?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)