|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story 3, Scut Farkas and the Murderous Mariah.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Soon after consuming three taffy apples, four hot dogs, and two root beers at the County Fair, what else does Randy ingest?
(a) A pickle and some buttermilk.
(b) Funnel cake and a fruit smoothie.
(c) A snow cone and three more root beers.
(d) Nachos and iced raspberry tea.
2. What does the Old Man do trying to get a glimpse of the new family that moves in next door?
(a) Knocks over a lamp.
(b) Hits his head.
(c) Stubs his toe.
(d) Tears the window shade.
3. What happens during the Old Man's favorite ride at the fair?
(a) The narrator cries and screams the entire ride.
(b) Randy throws up all over his brother and father.
(c) The Old Man loses his glasses, which fall and shatter.
(d) The ride breaks down and they're stuck upside down for forty minutes.
4. Once the Shepherds get to the County Fair, Randy accompanies his mother to see what?
(a) The clown acts.
(b) The dogs and cats show.
(c) Some of the home crafts.
(d) A magic show.
5. At the fair, who wins the dirt races by half a car length?
(c) Rocket Dude.
(d) Iron Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes on the Old Man's favorite ride at the County Fair?
2. The narrator and his family eat practically the same thing every day, except on what occasion?
3. What are some of the items that adorn the Bumpus' yard?
4. What does Farkas mean when he challenges the narrator to play for keeps?
5. What is the Old Man's greatest nemesis?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)