|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story Five, The Star-crossed Romance of Josephine Cosnowski.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator realizes he forgot to pack something for the Michigan trip, where does he remember leaving it?
(a) On his nightstand.
(b) In his closet.
(c) On the porch.
(d) Beside the garage door.
2. What type of student is Delbert Bumpus?
(a) One who excels in music.
(b) A promising one who needs bigger challenges.
(c) A disruptive one who misses a lot of school.
(d) One whom others envy.
3. By the time Josie and the narrator have reached their homes walking from the grocery store, what has transpired?
(a) He has asked her out on a date.
(b) He has professed his love to her.
(c) She has told him she has a boyfriend.
(d) She has invited him to a party.
4. When the narrator emerges from the bathroom after bathing and grooming for his date with the girl next door, what condition is the bathroom in?
(a) No soap or hot water are left.
(b) The walls are dripping wet and the paint is peeling.
(c) The room reeks of shaving cream and hair spray.
(d) The bathroom floor is soaking wet.
5. How long does the Shepherd-Bumpus feud last?
(a) Until the narrator goes off to college.
(b) Nine years.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Until the Bumpus family moves away.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a new family moves into the house next door to the narrator, what singer's record do they play in the middle of the night?
2. Where does the new family next door to the Shepherds move from?
3. Why did Howie quit high school?
4. The narrator says that his family's annual trip to Michigan is bigger than what to him?
5. On Saturday night, right before the family trip to Michigan, what does the Old Man say about their departure?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)