|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story Five, The Star-crossed Romance of Josephine Cosnowski.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Iron Man Gabruzzi's arch-rival?
(a) Anthony Dombruni.
(b) Joe Firebender.
(c) Duke Grunion.
(d) Walt Whedbe.
2. The winner of the spinning top battle between Farkas and the narrator could very well do what?
(a) Change life at Warren G. Harding School.
(b) Demand lunch money from the kids gathered there.
(c) Intimidate the other kids all the way through high school.
(d) Beat up the loser.
3. The night of his first date with the neighbor girl, how long does it take the narrator to bathe and groom?
(a) Just under two hours.
(b) An hour.
(c) Three and a half hours.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
4. When the narrator tells his father that he forgot to pack something important for the Michigan trip, what happens?
(a) The Old Man reprimands him while he weeps.
(b) Mother tells him to not worry because he'll have fun anyway.
(c) The Old Man stops at a store to buy another one.
(d) Randy laughs at him until the narrator punches him.
5. As the family drives to the lake, what happens when a chicken truck passes them?
(a) Randy has a sneezing fit because of his allergy to feathers.
(b) It breaks down in front of them and they are stuck for hours.
(c) They have to put up with feathers and a foul smell for miles.
(d) The contents of their roof rack fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator start to worry about at the party with Josie?
2. What marks the start of the Shepherd-Bumpus feud?
3. When the narrator emerges from the bathroom after preparing for his date with Josie, his face is covered with what?
4. What does the Old Man do trying to get a glimpse of the new family that moves in next door?
5. How does the narrator describe the sound that his spinning top makes?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)