|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story Five, The Star-crossed Romance of Josephine Cosnowski.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator leave the party he attends with Josie?
(a) Rides his bike.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Drives home alone.
(d) Drives home with Josie.
2. How long does the Shepherd-Bumpus feud last?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Nine years.
(c) Until the narrator goes off to college.
(d) Until the Bumpus family moves away.
3. According to the book, important industries of Northern Indiana are steel mills and what else?
(a) Oil refineries.
(b) Car manufacturers.
(c) Candy factories.
4. What conflict does the narrator face between the girl next door and basketball?
(a) Her boyfriend is on the narrator's basketball team.
(b) He's attending a party with her on the night of a big basketball game.
(c) He loves basketball, but she has an irrational fear of basketball courts.
(d) She wants to watch him play basketball, but he's no good.
5. When the narrator visits a museum as an adult, what special item does he find?
(a) A top believed to have belonged to a former President.
(b) A yo-yo used by the 1964 yo-yo world champion.
(c) A skateboard donated by a famous sports star.
(d) A softball signed by his favorite ballplayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment does Josie's mother make after her daughter appears, now ready for the party?
2. How long does the ham that Mother prepares have to sit in the oven to rest?
3. Once inside the party location with Josie, the narrator realizes he's at a what?
4. On the family road trip, where do the narrator and his brother fit in a car that is so full of supplies?
5. When a crowd of kids gathers around the narrator and Farkas as they battle it out with their fancy spinning tops, what is the collective wish?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)