|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story Five, The Star-crossed Romance of Josephine Cosnowski.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator do when he meets Josie on the way home from Pulaski's store?
(a) Helps her with her groceries.
(b) Grows shy and walks away.
(c) Trips and falls in front of her.
(d) Offers her a candy bar.
2. What does the Old Man do trying to get a glimpse of the new family that moves in next door?
(a) Tears the window shade.
(b) Stubs his toe.
(c) Hits his head.
(d) Knocks over a lamp.
3. On the family road trip, where do the narrator and his brother fit in a car that is so full of supplies?
(a) The front seat with Mother and the Old Man.
(b) The tiny travel trailer hitched to the car.
(c) Two tiny cubicles inside the vehicle.
(d) Sitting on top of the cooler in the far back.
4. When the narrator is invited inside his neighbors' house, what is he expected to do while he waits for Josie to finish getting ready?
(a) Share his life story with her parents.
(b) Stand in the hallway until she's ready.
(c) Reveal what he plans to do after high school.
(d) Partake of a heavy meal.
5. Once the family arrives at the County Fair, the narrator accompanies his father where?
(a) To the fire-breathing act.
(b) To the dusty dirt track.
(c) Riding the bumper cars.
(d) Riding the carousel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once inside the party location with Josie, the narrator realizes he's at a what?
2. Where does the narrator's family stay during their vacations in Clear Lake, Michigan?
3. Who is Scut Farkas?
4. When the Old Man gets himself a beer at the fair, what does he get for his older son?
5. Who is spying on the narrator when he starts to spin tops against opponents?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)