Story One, The Grandstand Passion Play of Delbert and the Bumpus Hounds
1. What is the name of the Indiana town where most of the stories in the book supposedly take place?
2. According to the book, important industries of Northern Indiana are steel mills and what else?
(b) Candy factories.
(c) Car manufacturers.
(d) Oil refineries.
3. The narrator lives in Northern Indiana with whom?
(a) Parents and uncle.
(b) Parents and grandmother.
(c) Father, mother, and brother.
(d) Father, mother, and sister.
4. When a new family moves into the house next door to the narrator, what singer's record do they play in the middle of the night?
(a) Johnny Cash.
(b) Gene Autry.
(c) Elvis Presley.
(d) Bing Crosby.
5. What does the Old Man do trying to get a glimpse of the new family that moves in next door?
(a) Knocks over a lamp.
(b) Hits his head.
(c) Tears the window shade.
(d) Stubs his toe.
6. How many Bumpuses move next door to the narrator and his family?
(a) Nobody knows for sure.
(c) Twelve Bumpuses and three of their friends.
This section contains 5,977 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)