Story One, The Grandstand Passion Play of Delbert and the Bumpus Hounds
1. What is the name of the Indiana town where most of the stories in the book supposedly take place?
2. According to the book, important industries of Northern Indiana are steel mills and what else?
(a) Oil refineries.
(c) Candy factories.
(d) Car manufacturers.
3. The narrator lives in Northern Indiana with whom?
(a) Parents and uncle.
(b) Father, mother, and brother.
(c) Parents and grandmother.
(d) Father, mother, and sister.
4. When a new family moves into the house next door to the narrator, what singer's record do they play in the middle of the night?
(a) Elvis Presley.
(b) Gene Autry.
(c) Bing Crosby.
(d) Johnny Cash.
5. What does the Old Man do trying to get a glimpse of the new family that moves in next door?
(a) Stubs his toe.
(b) Knocks over a lamp.
(c) Tears the window shade.
(d) Hits his head.
6. How many Bumpuses move next door to the narrator and his family?
(a) Twelve Bumpuses and three of their friends.
(c) Nobody knows for sure.
This section contains 5,977 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)