1. What is the name of the Indiana town where most of the stories in the book supposedly take place?
2. According to the book, important industries of Northern Indiana are steel mills and what else?
(a) Car manufacturers.
(b) Oil refineries.
(d) Candy factories.
3. The narrator lives in Northern Indiana with whom?
(a) Father, mother, and brother.
(b) Parents and grandmother.
(c) Parents and uncle.
(d) Father, mother, and sister.
4. When a new family moves into the house next door to the narrator, what singer's record do they play in the middle of the night?
(a) Bing Crosby.
(b) Johnny Cash.
(c) Elvis Presley.
(d) Gene Autry.
5. What does the Old Man do trying to get a glimpse of the new family that moves in next door?
(a) Hits his head.
(b) Knocks over a lamp.
(c) Stubs his toe.
(d) Tears the window shade.
6. How many Bumpuses move next door to the narrator and his family?
(a) Nobody knows for sure.
(b) Twelve Bumpuses and three of their friends.
This section contains 5,977 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)