|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lamuse find Eudoxie's corpse?
(a) He sees her body being carried on a stretcher.
(b) She is brought into a depot, dead.
(c) Her body is exhumed by the digging.
(d) He finds her unburied, in a grave.
2. What does Cocon calculate about the squad?
(a) How likely they are to survive.
(b) How much weight they carry in total.
(c) How many supplies they consumed since formation.
(d) How many miles they marched.
3. How is the refuge destroyed?
(a) It collapses without warning.
(b) By an artillery shell.
(c) The retreating French blow it up.
(d) The Germans set fire to it.
4. What interests Volpatte the most while the men are on leave?
(c) The theater.
5. Why can Blaire, Poupardin, and Pépin not cook their meat?
(a) There is no firewood.
(b) They are not allowed to start a fire.
(c) There is no cooking equipment.
(d) They have no way to light a fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Joseph wait before receiving aid at the refuge?
2. What does Volpatte say about the state of France?
3. According to Cocon, how many villages has the squad quartered in?
4. In Chapter 15, one squad in the regiment is rumored to have made a meal out of what?
5. Overall, how do the men feel about the things they carry with them?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)