|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near the last stretch of his journey to bring the wounded Joseph to safety, the narrator encounters a wounded man that he compares to which of the following?
(a) A poorly butchered animal.
(b) A screaming tree.
(c) A writhing mess.
(d) A pool of misery.
2. How long does Joseph wait before receiving aid at the refuge?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) One day.
(d) Two hours.
3. What do the men of the squad think of Volpatte?
(a) They resent his status.
(b) They think he is crazy.
(c) They all look up to him.
(d) They are jealous of his charmed life.
4. In Chapter 15, when the men run low on supplies, what does Triloir share with the rest of the squad?
(a) A roasted chicken.
(b) A petrol lighter.
(c) A flask of whisky.
(d) A pack of crackers.
5. How do the men prevent their cleaned rifles from being stolen by lazy or dishonest soldiers?
(a) They disassemble the rifles.
(b) They keep watch in pairs.
(c) They sleep with their rifles under them.
(d) They put an identifying mark on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two Moroccans want from the men?
2. What is unique about the 5th battalion?
3. The newspaper story says that which of the following was turned up when a civilian's yard was bombed?
4. What do Blaire, Poupardin, and Pépin do in order to find a way to cook the meat?
5. During the offensive, when does the squad come under fire?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)