|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lamuse react to seeing Eudoxie's body?
(a) He vomits.
(b) He flies into a rage.
(c) He hugs her.
(d) He immediately breaks down in shock.
2. Who is eager to prove themselves as a new cook?
3. How do the narrator and the others find Bertrand's body?
(a) In several pieces.
(b) Partially severed at the waist.
(c) Stretched out like a cross.
(d) Grotesquely bloated.
4. What does Bertrand say about prophecies?
(a) He once kidded about believing in them.
(b) He doubts them, but always sees them come true.
(c) He fervently believes in them.
(d) He despises them.
5. What injuries has Farfadet sustained when the narrator meets him at the refuge?
(a) He lost one eye, the other is bandaged.
(b) He suffered burns by chemical gas.
(c) He lost both arms.
(d) He lost both legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men of the squad think of Volpatte?
2. Why does Joseph Mesnil go into "no man's land"?
3. When the men are on leave, it is evident that Blaire changed in what way?
4. How is Joseph Mesnil injured?
5. What does Paradis do for the old woman that he and the narrator find at the farmhouse?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)