Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cocon calculate about the squad?
(a) How much weight they carry in total.
(b) How likely they are to survive.
(c) How many miles they marched.
(d) How many supplies they consumed since formation.
2. Why does Joseph Mesnil go into "no man's land"?
(a) To find a German rifle.
(b) Because he is drunk.
(c) Because he wants to die.
(d) To search for his brother.
3. What does the Foreign Legionnaire try to give to his comrade?
(a) His identity papers.
(b) A flask of brandy.
(c) His medals.
(d) A photo of his wife.
4. How does Lamuse find Eudoxie's corpse?
(a) She is brought into a depot, dead.
(b) He finds her unburied, in a grave.
(c) He sees her body being carried on a stretcher.
(d) Her body is exhumed by the digging.
5. What do the men think of all of the things that the army issues them?
(a) They are ugly, but effective.
(b) They are ugly and of low quality.
(c) They are useless, but look good.
(d) They are plain and lack elegance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Volpatte repeat as he charges into the machine gun fire?
2. While on leave, the men see a poster in a store's window display which depicts which of the following?
3. While they are on leave, what does Volpatte remind the rest of the squad of?
4. What is unique about the 5th battalion?
5. What biblical location does the narrator allude to as he carries Joseph to safety?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)