|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 22, how many men from Bertrad's squad survive?
(a) Three men survive.
(b) Ten men survive.
(c) Six men survive.
(d) Twelve men survive.
2. How does Lamuse find Eudoxie's corpse?
(a) He sees her body being carried on a stretcher.
(b) He finds her unburied, in a grave.
(c) She is brought into a depot, dead.
(d) Her body is exhumed by the digging.
3. What do the men note about the commandant?
(a) He can't smoke a pipe without scorching it.
(b) He hates animals.
(c) He is harsh and capricious.
(d) He has the accent of a peasant.
4. How is Joseph Mesnil injured?
(a) A sniper shoots him after he takes out a machine gun.
(b) He is killed in close combat.
(c) He intentionally runs into machine gun fire after the battle is over.
(d) One of his grenades explodes early.
5. What is unusual about the trench that the men hide in?
(a) It is clean.
(b) It is German.
(c) It is deep.
(d) It is unfinished.
Short Answer Questions
1. Overall, how do the men feel about the things they carry with them?
2. At the end of Chapter 14, what does the narrator dream of?
3. Why does Cpl. Bertrand wake the narrator at 2 a.m.?
4. The narrator describes the field of corpses being processed as being like which of the following?
5. What does Cocon calculate about the squad?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)