|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paradis insists that he and the narrator leave the farmhouse before what happens?
(a) Muster is called.
(b) The regiment's curfew begins.
(c) The old woman's daughter returns.
(d) The sun rises.
2. When the squad's march comes to a halt, there is always a competition for which of the following?
(b) Place in the food line.
(c) Sleeping space.
(d) The first watch.
3. In Chapter 15, when the men run low on supplies, what does the narrator give to Paradis?
(a) Half of his dry ration.
(b) A small tin of tobacco.
(c) A box of matches.
(d) An egg.
4. When the men are on leave, it is evident that Blaire changed in what way?
(a) He can't bear to go back to the front.
(b) He no longer cares for civilian life.
(c) He now longs to find a wife.
(d) He has become and elegant, well-groomed man.
5. What do the men take from the German sentry they kill?
(b) A rifle.
(c) His helmet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men prevent their cleaned rifles from being stolen by lazy or dishonest soldiers?
2. What unusual preparation does Bertrand make for the offensive?
3. What does Bertrand say about prophecies?
4. While they are on leave, what does Volpatte remind the rest of the squad of?
5. What does the author call the useless things that the men carry with them?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)