|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the squad's march comes to a halt, there is always a competition for which of the following?
(a) The first watch.
(b) Place in the food line.
(c) Sleeping space.
2. The narrator describes the field of corpses being processed as being like which of the following?
(a) A charnel house.
(c) A devil's feast.
(d) An abattoir.
3. Where are the survivors of Bertrand's squad sent for their leave?
(d) Le Havre.
4. What happens to some of the rats that eat the corpses on the battlefield?
(a) They are caught and eaten by hungry soldiers.
(b) They are shot by the soldiers.
(c) They fight over corpses and kill each other.
(d) They die of poisoning.
5. What is unique about the 5th battalion?
(a) They are lucky and avoided most fights.
(b) They are new recruits.
(c) They are optimistic.
(d) They are bloodthirsty and love close-combat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lamuse react to seeing Eudoxie's body?
2. What is an international trench?
3. What do the men think is the best way to augment their meager wages?
4. In Chapter 15, when the men run low on supplies, what does the narrator give to Paradis?
5. What was the purpose of the patrol that Lamuse, Barque, Biquet, and Eudore died on?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)