|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, one squad in the regiment is rumored to have made a meal out of what?
(a) A stray cat.
2. Why does Cpl. Bertrand wake the narrator at 2 a.m.?
(a) To talk with him.
(b) For guard duty.
(c) To help bury bodies.
(d) To search for a body.
3. When the men are on leave, it is evident that Blaire changed in what way?
(a) He can't bear to go back to the front.
(b) He now longs to find a wife.
(c) He has become and elegant, well-groomed man.
(d) He no longer cares for civilian life.
4. What does Volpatte say about the state of France?
(a) It is bound to fall apart.
(b) It can never be defeated.
(c) It has not changed since the revolution, and will never change.
(d) There are two Frances, and there are too many on the happy side.
5. What do the men think of all of the things that the army issues them?
(a) They are plain and lack elegance.
(b) They are ugly and of low quality.
(c) They are ugly, but effective.
(d) They are useless, but look good.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the offensive, when does the squad come under fire?
2. How is Joseph Mesnil injured?
3. How does Pépin die?
4. The newspaper story says that which of the following was turned up when a civilian's yard was bombed?
5. What does the author call the useless things that the men carry with them?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)