|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cocon, how many villages has the squad quartered in?
(a) 47 villages.
2. In Chapter 14, the squad learns that they are headed where?
(a) To Verdun.
(b) To Paris for leave.
(c) To the front lines.
(d) To the south.
3. What does the Foreign Legionnaire try to give to his comrade?
(a) His identity papers.
(b) His medals.
(c) A flask of brandy.
(d) A photo of his wife.
4. At the end of Chapter 14, what does the narrator dream of?
(a) The front.
(b) The chickens in Gauchin-l'Abbé.
(c) A great, unknown light.
(d) His hometown.
5. In Chapter 15, when the men run low on supplies, what does Triloir share with the rest of the squad?
(a) A pack of crackers.
(b) A roasted chicken.
(c) A petrol lighter.
(d) A flask of whisky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What biblical location does the narrator allude to as he carries Joseph to safety?
2. What do the men think of all of the things that the army issues them?
3. What other bloody battle does the narrator recall while escorting Joseph to safety?
4. What is unique about the 5th battalion?
5. Where are the survivors of Bertrand's squad sent for their leave?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)