|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Joseph wait before receiving aid at the refuge?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) One day.
(d) Six hours.
2. According to Cocon, how many villages has the squad quartered in?
(a) 47 villages.
3. How is the Marist brother killed?
(a) By a sniper.
(b) By an insane patient.
(c) By the gunfire of approaching Germans.
(d) By an artillery shell.
4. What does Bertrand say about prophecies?
(a) He fervently believes in them.
(b) He once kidded about believing in them.
(c) He doubts them, but always sees them come true.
(d) He despises them.
5. The newspaper story says that which of the following was turned up when a civilian's yard was bombed?
(a) An old graveyard.
(b) German spies.
(c) A treasure chest.
(d) An illegal wine cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the "weasel-faced ancient at Gauchin" from the newspaper story?
2. In Chapter 15, when the men run low on supplies, what does Triloir share with the rest of the squad?
3. Why can Blaire, Poupardin, and Pépin not cook their meat?
4. The Marist brother, mentioned early in the book, is seen serving what role in the hospital?
5. How do the men respond when asked to describe life on the front?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)