|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertrand say about prophecies?
(a) He doubts them, but always sees them come true.
(b) He despises them.
(c) He fervently believes in them.
(d) He once kidded about believing in them.
2. What biblical location does the narrator allude to as he carries Joseph to safety?
3. What hazard do the men face even after they reach the relative safety of the heights?
(a) Machine gun fire.
(b) Barrage fire.
4. How do the narrator and the others find Bertrand's body?
(a) Partially severed at the waist.
(b) In several pieces.
(c) Stretched out like a cross.
(d) Grotesquely bloated.
5. In Chapter 15, one squad in the regiment is rumored to have made a meal out of what?
(c) A stray cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cocon calculate about the squad?
2. What is unique about the 5th battalion?
3. How does Lamuse find Eudoxie's corpse?
4. During the offensive, when does the squad come under fire?
5. What do the men think is the best way to augment their meager wages?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)