|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 22, how many men from Bertrad's squad survive?
(a) Three men survive.
(b) Six men survive.
(c) Ten men survive.
(d) Twelve men survive.
2. What was the purpose of the patrol that Lamuse, Barque, Biquet, and Eudore died on?
(a) To locate new supplies.
(b) To clear out an international trench.
(c) To clear an area of mines.
(d) To find a German listening post.
3. Near the last stretch of his journey to bring the wounded Joseph to safety, the narrator encounters a wounded man that he compares to which of the following?
(a) A poorly butchered animal.
(b) A writhing mess.
(c) A screaming tree.
(d) A pool of misery.
4. In Chapter 15, when the men run low on supplies, what does Triloir share with the rest of the squad?
(a) A roasted chicken.
(b) A pack of crackers.
(c) A petrol lighter.
(d) A flask of whisky.
5. What do Blaire, Poupardin, and Pépin do in order to find a way to cook the meat?
(a) Pépin tries to improvise.
(b) Blaire tries to get help from another regiment.
(c) They send Volpatte to complain to Cpl. Bertrand.
(d) Poupardin leads them in foraging.
Short Answer Questions
1. While on leave, the men see a poster in a store's window display which depicts which of the following?
2. What biblical location does the narrator allude to as he carries Joseph to safety?
3. How do the narrator and the others find Bertrand's body?
4. How is Joseph Mesnil injured?
5. Overall, how do the men feel about the things they carry with them?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)