|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the men are on leave, it is evident that Blaire changed in what way?
(a) He has become and elegant, well-groomed man.
(b) He now longs to find a wife.
(c) He no longer cares for civilian life.
(d) He can't bear to go back to the front.
2. Who is the "weasel-faced ancient at Gauchin" from the newspaper story?
(a) The Marist brother.
(b) Cpl. Bertrand.
(c) The old treasure hunting man the squad met earlier.
(d) The Commandant.
3. When the squad's march comes to a halt, there is always a competition for which of the following?
(a) Place in the food line.
(b) Sleeping space.
(d) The first watch.
4. What other bloody battle does the narrator recall while escorting Joseph to safety?
(a) The Ardennes.
(c) Benthoval Wood.
5. What biblical location does the narrator allude to as he carries Joseph to safety?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men note about the commandant?
2. What does Volpatte say about the state of France?
3. How do the men respond when asked to describe life on the front?
4. In Chapter 14, the squad learns that they are headed where?
5. What does Volpatte repeat as he charges into the machine gun fire?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)