|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the survivors of Bertrand's squad sent for their leave?
(c) Le Havre.
2. What do the men take from the German sentry they kill?
(a) A rifle.
(b) His helmet.
3. In Chapter 15, one squad in the regiment is rumored to have made a meal out of what?
(b) A stray cat.
4. Why does Cpl. Bertrand wake the narrator at 2 a.m.?
(a) To talk with him.
(b) To help bury bodies.
(c) To search for a body.
(d) For guard duty.
5. What does the Foreign Legionnaire try to give to his comrade?
(a) His medals.
(b) A photo of his wife.
(c) A flask of brandy.
(d) His identity papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What irritates the men the most about the shirkers?
2. When the men are on leave, it is evident that Blaire changed in what way?
3. What is the author's opinion about what the characters will say in his book?
4. What does a sapper do?
5. What do the men think of all of the things that the army issues them?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)