Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paradis insists that he and the narrator leave the farmhouse before what happens?
(a) Muster is called.
(b) The old woman's daughter returns.
(c) The regiment's curfew begins.
(d) The sun rises.
2. What does Bertrand say about prophecies?
(a) He once kidded about believing in them.
(b) He fervently believes in them.
(c) He despises them.
(d) He doubts them, but always sees them come true.
3. The newspaper story says that which of the following was turned up when a civilian's yard was bombed?
(a) An illegal wine cellar.
(b) An old graveyard.
(c) A treasure chest.
(d) German spies.
4. In Chapter 15, one squad in the regiment is rumored to have made a meal out of what?
(b) A stray cat.
5. What do the men take from the German sentry they kill?
(b) His helmet.
(d) A rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't the men want to get drunk the night before returning to the trenches?
2. What do the men think of all of the things that the army issues them?
3. What are the "Zouaves' Cells"?
4. What does the author call the useless things that the men carry with them?
5. What does the German demand of God?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)