|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Labri?
(a) A sheep dog.
(b) A thieving racoon.
(c) A cat.
(d) A goat.
2. What kind of a structure does the squad occupy during the violent rainstorm in Chapter 11?
(a) A lone tavern.
(b) An old fortress.
(c) An abandoned estate.
(d) A collapsing barn.
3. Barque is described as being which of the following?
(a) A rebel.
(b) A trickster.
(c) A leader.
(d) A sage.
4. Why does Labri refuse to eat?
(a) He doesn't like the men's food.
(b) He doesn't like Fouillade.
(c) He is well fed.
(d) He is sick.
5. Where is the squad dispatched at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) To Egypt.
(b) To the front.
(c) To the reserves area.
(d) To the Ardennes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eudoxie do when Lamuse announces his feelings to her?
2. Lamuse is described with what seemingly contradictory label?
3. Tirette is best described as which of the following?
4. Who is Eudoxie?
5. What do the narrator and Poterloo do with the three Germans they come across while on their way to Sauchez?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Poterloo sneak behind enemy lines?
2. What does the German in the refuge say and wonder about God?
3. Describe the encounter that the narrator and Paradis have with the four German soldiers.
4. How do Blaire and the others blunder into German lines while searching for matches?
5. What members of the squad are wounded, die, or are discovered dead after the assault on Hill 119?
6. What are Lamuse and the narrator's opinions about aircraft?
7. What do the men of the squad think about the shirkers?
8. What does the narrator overhear the Legionnaires talking about? What are they planning, and why?
9. What religious references does the narrator make while escorting Joseph to safety?
10. What is the nature and duty of Cpl. Bertrand's squad?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)