|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pépin die?
(a) To a sniper.
(b) To friendly fire.
(c) To trench-foot.
(d) To an artillery shell.
2. Why does the sergeant's insistence on light discipline seem foolish?
(a) The Germans don't care about the position.
(b) The area is lit by a searchlight.
(c) The Germans are bombing the location.
(d) Nearby squads are not observing light discipline.
3. What is Labri?
(a) A goat.
(b) A cat.
(c) A thieving racoon.
(d) A sheep dog.
4. What is unusual about the trench that the men hide in?
(a) It is clean.
(b) It is German.
(c) It is unfinished.
(d) It is deep.
5. How is the refuge destroyed?
(a) The Germans set fire to it.
(b) The retreating French blow it up.
(c) It collapses without warning.
(d) By an artillery shell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the men break noise discipline while digging the new trench?
2. What does the newspaper claim about the state of affairs for the poilu?
3. What do the soldiers compare two armies fighting to?
4. How does Lamuse find Eudoxie's corpse?
5. Who are the anonymous individuals who make speculations in the first chapter?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)