|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how many deaths are predicted in the first chapter?
(a) Three million deaths.
(b) One million deaths.
(c) Ten million deaths.
(d) Thirty million deaths.
2. According to Cocon, how many villages has the squad quartered in?
(d) 47 villages.
3. What kind of a structure does the squad occupy during the violent rainstorm in Chapter 11?
(a) A collapsing barn.
(b) An old fortress.
(c) A lone tavern.
(d) An abandoned estate.
4. What is Tirloir's nickname?
(a) Lock and stock.
(b) Old boots.
(c) The grumbler.
(d) Brass tacks.
5. Was does Poterloo discover about his wife?
(a) She is fraternizing with a German officer.
(b) She is dangerously ill.
(c) She is pregnant again.
(d) She is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which luxury in Gauchin-l'Abbé do the men seem to enjoy most?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 16, why is Paradis worn out?
3. What does Mariette give to Eudore before he leaves?
4. What happens when the men break noise discipline while digging the new trench?
5. What is Lamuse's opinion of aircraft?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)