|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fouillade do during the rainstorm?
(a) He reads a newspaper.
(b) He talks about his hometown.
(c) He showers in the rain.
(d) He drinks alone.
2. "Trench Tourists" refers to which of the following?
(a) Soldiers on a short deployment.
(b) High command visiting the trenches.
3. Cpl. Bertrand is described as being which of the following?
4. Where do the events of the first chapter take place?
(a) In the Alps.
(b) In Greece.
(c) In Paris.
(d) On the French-German border.
5. How are Volpatte and Fouillade lost?
(a) They are separated during an attack.
(b) They get drunk and wander off.
(c) They are reassigned and then forgotten.
(d) They are captured, but manage to escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tulacque believe that those who drive the artillery pieces to Verdun are not truly in the war?
2. In their deployment after Gauchin-l'Abbé, what is unusual about all the buildings and equipment?
3. What is Labri?
4. The soldier being carried by the Territorial stretcher-bearers was killed doing what?
5. The characters introduced in Chapter 2 are part of what type of squad?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)