|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which luxury in Gauchin-l'Abbé do the men seem to enjoy most?
(a) Eating good food.
(b) Sleeping under a roof.
(c) The opportunity to bathe and shave.
(d) Eating at a table.
2. Why are the gentlemen of the depot jealous of Bourin the Parisian?
(a) He is getting married soon.
(b) He is safe in the south.
(c) He received orders to deploy for combat.
(d) He has just been promoted.
3. The soldier being carried by the Territorial stretcher-bearers was killed doing what?
(a) Returning to his unit.
(b) Looking for a souvenir German rifle.
(c) Trying to defect.
(d) Foraging for food.
4. When the narrator and the other encounter Eudoxie, what is Lamuse doing?
(a) He is arguing with her.
(b) He is gathering flowers for her.
(c) He is stalking her.
(d) He is carrying her things.
5. What is Lamuse's opinion of aircraft?
(a) They are dangerous to everyone.
(b) They will never be practical.
(c) They are unspeakably beautiful.
(d) They will become deadly weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the arrival of the Moroccan Division mean to the men of Cpl. Bertrand's squad?
2. Cpl. Bertrand is described as being which of the following?
3. Was does Poterloo discover about his wife?
4. Cocon is described as being which of the following?
5. When Chapter 2 opens, how long has the war been going on?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)