|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was considered an aggravating circumstance in the veteran's case?
(a) He was once arrested for drunkenness as a civilian.
(b) He served in the foreign legion.
(c) He once assaulted a police officer.
(d) He was a decorated war hero.
2. Where is the squad dispatched at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) To the front.
(b) To the Ardennes.
(c) To the reserves area.
(d) To Egypt.
3. When Chapter 12 begins, how long has the squad been digging trenches?
(a) Six months.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Two months.
(d) One month.
4. Which luxury in Gauchin-l'Abbé do the men seem to enjoy most?
(a) Sleeping under a roof.
(b) Eating good food.
(c) Eating at a table.
(d) The opportunity to bathe and shave.
5. Cpl. Marchal serves with what military units?
(a) The Moroccan Division.
(b) The 5th and 6th battalions.
(c) The Republican Guard engineering brigade.
(d) The 154th rifles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men concede with regards to the "shirkers"?
2. How long was Volpatte on leave to recover from his injury?
3. The men of the squad agree that support services should be performed by which of the following groups?
4. Who is sent with the narrator to find the missing Volpatte and Fouillade?
5. Was does Poterloo discover about his wife?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)