|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Volpatte say about the four great rivers of France?
(a) They cannot wash the battlefields clean.
(b) They would be choked by the wounded men who are dying.
(c) They will all run red with blood.
(d) Only they could cleanse the depots.
2. In general, what opinion do the soldiers have of the local women?
(a) They are friendly.
(b) They are prudish.
(c) They are ugly.
(d) They cook poorly.
3. When Cpl. Marchal and the narrator meet, they discuss which of the following happening to their mutual friends?
(b) Honorable discharge.
(c) Death by bombardment.
(d) Death by nerve gas.
4. Cocon is described as being which of the following?
(a) The squad's man of figures.
(b) A stern sergeant.
(c) A renaissance man.
(d) The squad's lance corporal.
5. How are Volpatte and Fouillade's positions discovered?
(a) They send up a flare.
(b) They use a signaling mirror.
(c) They sing loudly.
(d) The 204th stumbles across them.
Short Answer Questions
1. On their final day of leisure, what do the men hope for?
2. How is Farfadet "saved"?
3. Lamuse is described with what seemingly contradictory label?
4. What does Eudoxie do when Lamuse announces his feelings to her?
5. According to Cocon, how many divisions comprise a corps?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)