|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the squad dispatched at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) To the front.
(b) To the Ardennes.
(c) To Egypt.
(d) To the reserves area.
2. Pépin states that engages should not boast of having served unless they do which of the following?
(a) Encounter a tank.
(b) Experience poison gas.
(c) Charge into an enemy trench.
(d) Face machine gun fire.
3. Cpl. Marchal has what relationship to the narrator?
(a) He is the narrator's commanding officer.
(b) He serves under the narrator.
(c) He is an old friend of the narrator's.
(d) He saved the narrator's life.
4. What is Volpatte's condition when he is found?
(a) He is insane.
(b) He is wrapped in bloody bandages.
(c) He is violently ill.
(d) He is dead.
5. Volpatte's compatriots oppose him when he criticizes what group?
(a) The English enlisted men.
(b) The civilians.
(c) The police.
(d) The medical staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cocon is described as being which of the following?
2. How did Volpatte and Fouillade help Sgt. Sacerdote?
3. Where does the narrator meet with Cpl. Marchal?
4. What is Lamuse's opinion of aircraft?
5. What type of establishment does Eudore's wife Mariette run?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)