|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the men of Cpl. Bertrand's squad hope to be sent for rest?
2. Who bargains with the civilian woman for space to sleep and eat?
(c) The narrator.
3. Who are the anonymous individuals who make speculations in the first chapter?
(a) Invalids in a sanatorium.
(b) The ghosts of dead soldiers.
(c) Inmates in a prison.
4. Tirette is best described as which of the following?
(a) A card-sharp.
(b) A thug.
(c) A joker.
(d) An actor.
5. What does the arrival of the Moroccan Division mean to the men of Cpl. Bertrand's squad?
(a) They will be placed on leave.
(b) An offensive will soon begin.
(c) High command is unhappy with their part of the front.
(d) An attack by the enemy is expected.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cpl. Marchal has what relationship to the narrator?
2. What is the squad's duty at night?
3. Which luxury in Gauchin-l'Abbé do the men seem to enjoy most?
4. When Cpl. Marchal and the narrator meet, they discuss which of the following happening to their mutual friends?
5. About how many deaths are predicted in the first chapter?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)