|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the men, what is the attitude of the army towards plundering civilians?
(a) The army is ignoring them.
(b) The army is willing to purchase supplies from them.
(c) The army is unaware of them.
(d) The army is cracking down on them.
2. On their final day of leisure, what do the men hope for?
(a) An issue of cigarettes.
(b) A round of wine.
(c) An extension of their leave.
(d) That they will be sent into real combat.
3. Cpl. Marchal serves with what military units?
(a) The 5th and 6th battalions.
(b) The Moroccan Division.
(c) The Republican Guard engineering brigade.
(d) The 154th rifles.
4. What does Lamuse believe about Eudoxie?
(a) She is hopelessly in love with him.
(b) She is a spy.
(c) She is following him.
(d) She can actually speak and understand French.
5. In Chapter 3, how long do the soldiers have before they get sent back to the front?
(a) One day.
(b) Five days.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Three months.
Short Answer Questions
1. In general, what opinion do the soldiers have of the local women?
2. Who is Eudoxie?
3. Which luxury in Gauchin-l'Abbé do the men seem to enjoy most?
4. When the narrator and the other encounter Eudoxie, what is Lamuse doing?
5. Tirette is best described as which of the following?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)