|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lamuse's opinion of aircraft?
(a) They will never be practical.
(b) They are unspeakably beautiful.
(c) They will become deadly weapons.
(d) They are dangerous to everyone.
2. The characters introduced in Chapter 2 are part of what type of squad?
(a) A medical squad.
(b) A front-line squad.
(c) An engineering squad.
(d) A reserve squad.
3. What is Volpatte's condition when he is found?
(a) He is wrapped in bloody bandages.
(b) He is violently ill.
(c) He is insane.
(d) He is dead.
4. Lamuse is described with what seemingly contradictory label?
(a) The bloodthirsty coward.
(b) The foolish intellectual.
(c) The quiet comedian.
(d) The heroic loafer.
5. Cpl. Marchal serves with what military units?
(a) The Republican Guard engineering brigade.
(b) The 154th rifles.
(c) The 5th and 6th battalions.
(d) The Moroccan Division.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Volpatte and Fouillade help Sgt. Sacerdote?
2. The "Moroccan Division" is admired for what?
3. Overall, the men of Cpl. Bertrand's squad are best described in what way?
4. Cpl. Marchal has what relationship to the narrator?
5. Who is Eudoxie?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)