|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lamuse react to seeing Eudoxie's body?
(a) He hugs her.
(b) He vomits.
(c) He immediately breaks down in shock.
(d) He flies into a rage.
2. What is the squad's duty at night?
(a) To carry ammunition to the front.
(b) To escort the wounded to the rear.
(c) To build emergency earthworks.
(d) To man a sentry post.
3. Cpl. Marchal has what relationship to the narrator?
(a) He is an old friend of the narrator's.
(b) He is the narrator's commanding officer.
(c) He serves under the narrator.
(d) He saved the narrator's life.
4. What order does Cpl. Broyer issue?
(a) He orders the men to dig trenches.
(b) He orders pointless maneuvers.
(c) He orders constant drills.
(d) He orders a morning parade.
5. Cocon is described as being which of the following?
(a) A stern sergeant.
(b) A renaissance man.
(c) The squad's lance corporal.
(d) The squad's man of figures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Volpatte overhear the gossip of the gentlemen at the depot?
2. How does the narrator feel about the trench completed in Chapter 12?
3. Barque is described as being which of the following?
4. In Chapter 15, one squad in the regiment is rumored to have made a meal out of what?
5. What is unusual about the road that the narrator and Poterloo take to get to Souchez?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)