|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lamuse believe about Eudoxie?
(a) She can actually speak and understand French.
(b) She is hopelessly in love with him.
(c) She is a spy.
(d) She is following him.
2. Cpl. Marchal has what relationship to the narrator?
(a) He serves under the narrator.
(b) He is the narrator's commanding officer.
(c) He saved the narrator's life.
(d) He is an old friend of the narrator's.
3. When Chapter 2 opens, how long has the war been going on?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) 22 days.
(d) 15 months.
4. Why do the men agree that being unluckily killed or luckily staying alive are not the same thing?
(a) Death lasts a long time.
(b) Staying alive feels better.
(c) One is more likely than the other.
(d) Everyone died eventually.
5. "Trench Tourists" refers to which of the following?
(c) High command visiting the trenches.
(d) Soldiers on a short deployment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the squad dispatched at the end of Chapter 2?
2. The men of the squad agree that support services should be performed by which of the following groups?
3. Volpatte's compatriots oppose him when he criticizes what group?
4. What does Eudoxie do when Lamuse announces his feelings to her?
5. How do Volpatte and Fouillade capture the two German soldiers?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)