|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pépin states that engages should not boast of having served unless they do which of the following?
(a) Experience poison gas.
(b) Charge into an enemy trench.
(c) Encounter a tank.
(d) Face machine gun fire.
2. In Chapter 3, how long do the soldiers have before they get sent back to the front?
(a) Five days.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) One day.
3. Where does Volpatte overhear the gossip of the gentlemen at the depot?
(a) At a tavern in town.
(b) In an officer's social hall.
(c) On the radio.
(d) From the kitchen, where he is helping.
4. How long was Volpatte on leave to recover from his injury?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two months.
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
5. The men of the squad agree that support services should be performed by which of the following groups?
(b) Young men.
(c) The old and weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator meet with Cpl. Marchal?
2. Overall, the men of Cpl. Bertrand's squad are best described in what way?
3. Where do the events of the first chapter take place?
4. How did Volpatte and Fouillade help Sgt. Sacerdote?
5. When Chapter 2 opens, how long has the war been going on?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)