|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the men of Cpl. Bertrand's squad hope to be sent for rest?
2. What is Biquet's response to his mother's concern for him as expressed in her letter?
(a) He is totally unphased.
(b) He is worried.
(c) He immediately writes back to console her.
(d) He is amused.
3. The characters introduced in Chapter 2 are part of what type of squad?
(a) A reserve squad.
(b) A medical squad.
(c) An engineering squad.
(d) A front-line squad.
4. Where do the events of the first chapter take place?
(a) In the Alps.
(b) In Greece.
(c) In Paris.
(d) On the French-German border.
5. Cpl. Bertrand is described as being which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Barque is described as being which of the following?
2. The narrator compares Lamuse to what mythological figure?
3. What do the men concede with regards to the "shirkers"?
4. Overall, the men of Cpl. Bertrand's squad are best described in what way?
5. What is Volpatte's condition when he is found?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)