|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cpl. Marchal and the narrator meet, they discuss which of the following happening to their mutual friends?
(a) Honorable discharge.
(c) Death by bombardment.
(d) Death by nerve gas.
2. According to Cocon, how many corps are present in the area of the railway depot?
(a) 104 corps.
(b) 39 corps.
(c) 4 corps.
(d) 12 corps.
3. Why does Tulacque believe that those who drive the artillery pieces to Verdun are not truly in the war?
(a) They are civilians.
(b) They are not armed.
(c) There is no activity in Verdun.
(d) They are only exposed to danger once.
4. What does Volpatte say about the four great rivers of France?
(a) They will all run red with blood.
(b) Only they could cleanse the depots.
(c) They cannot wash the battlefields clean.
(d) They would be choked by the wounded men who are dying.
5. What does Eudoxie do when Lamuse announces his feelings to her?
(a) She is frightened, but accepting.
(b) She is speechless.
(c) She rejects him.
(d) She falls in love with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the squad dispatched at the end of Chapter 2?
2. Cpl. Bertrand is described as being which of the following?
3. Cocon is described as being which of the following?
4. Which luxury in Gauchin-l'Abbé do the men seem to enjoy most?
5. What is the squad's duty at night?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)