|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cpl. Marchal serves with what military units?
(a) The Republican Guard engineering brigade.
(b) The 5th and 6th battalions.
(c) The 154th rifles.
(d) The Moroccan Division.
2. Cpl. Bertrand is described as being which of the following?
3. Why were the executed veteran's accomplices sentenced to life in prison and not executed?
(a) They had no criminal record.
(b) They were volunteers, not draftees.
(c) They had wealthy families.
(d) They gave themselves up peacefully.
4. Cpl. Marchal has what relationship to the narrator?
(a) He serves under the narrator.
(b) He is the narrator's commanding officer.
(c) He saved the narrator's life.
(d) He is an old friend of the narrator's.
5. Who bargains with the civilian woman for space to sleep and eat?
(c) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Volpatte on leave to recover from his injury?
2. The "Territorials" are noted for what unusual quality?
3. Why do the men agree that being unluckily killed or luckily staying alive are not the same thing?
4. Who are the anonymous individuals who make speculations in the first chapter?
5. What do the men of the squad think of Volpatte?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)