|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cocon, how many divisions comprise a corps?
(a) Two corps.
(b) Ten corps.
(c) Four corps.
(d) Seven corps.
2. In Chapter 3, how long do the soldiers have before they get sent back to the front?
(a) One day.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Five days.
(d) Three months.
3. Why does Tulacque believe that those who drive the artillery pieces to Verdun are not truly in the war?
(a) There is no activity in Verdun.
(b) They are civilians.
(c) They are not armed.
(d) They are only exposed to danger once.
4. How are Volpatte and Fouillade lost?
(a) They are reassigned and then forgotten.
(b) They are captured, but manage to escape.
(c) They get drunk and wander off.
(d) They are separated during an attack.
5. Where does the narrator meet with Cpl. Marchal?
(a) The Ardennes.
(c) Alleux Wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which luxury in Gauchin-l'Abbé do the men seem to enjoy most?
2. What order does Cpl. Broyer issue?
3. When the narrator returns to the squad's quarters after listening to the story of execution, what is Volpatte doing?
4. According to Volpatte, how many shirkers are there in the depots?
5. In their deployment after Gauchin-l'Abbé, what is unusual about all the buildings and equipment?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)