|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the men agree that being unluckily killed or luckily staying alive are not the same thing?
(a) Everyone died eventually.
(b) Death lasts a long time.
(c) Staying alive feels better.
(d) One is more likely than the other.
2. What does Cocon calculate about the squad?
(a) How many miles they marched.
(b) How much weight they carry in total.
(c) How many supplies they consumed since formation.
(d) How likely they are to survive.
3. What does Volpatte repeat as he charges into the machine gun fire?
(a) "Don't worry."
(b) "Let's go."
(c) "Hurry up."
4. Why don't the men want to get drunk the night before returning to the trenches?
(a) Drinking is forbidden in the ranks.
(b) Cpl. Bertrand is too strict.
(c) They don't want to be hungover.
(d) They need to be alert.
5. Chapter 7 begins with the squad waiting where as they prepare for redeployment?
(a) A motor pool.
(b) A railway platform.
(c) An aid station.
(d) A large camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cocon, how many corps are present in the area of the railway depot?
2. In Chapter 15, one squad in the regiment is rumored to have made a meal out of what?
3. During the offensive, when does the squad come under fire?
4. According to Cocon, how many villages has the squad quartered in?
5. What is unique about the 5th battalion?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)