|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of battle did Tibeats perceive himself to be involved in with Solomon?
(a) To determine who was the more righteous man.
(b) To determine who was the more intelligent man.
(c) To determine who was the stronger man.
(d) To determine who was the better man.
2. What type of impression did Eliza give Solomon when she arrived in Williams' Slave Pen?
(a) The impression that she fetl out of place.
(b) The impression that she had been a slave all of her life.
(c) The impression that she had lived above the level of a slave.
(d) The impression that she was familiar with Williams' Slave Pen.
3. What was one thing that slaves who get married at Christmastime had to have in order to take their vows?
(b) The ability to sign their name.
(c) Their owner's consent.
(d) The right type of clothes.
4. What separated William Ford from other slave owners in Bayou Bœuf?
(a) Once he bought slaves, he never sold them.
(b) He taught his slaves about God and provided them with Bibles.
(c) He did not keep slaves whom he bought for more than three months.
(d) He taught each one of them a different trade.
5. What was Solomon doing when the carriage whisked by on its way to the main house of the Epps Plantation?
(a) He was having his breakfast.
(b) He was dropping his fish trap into the water.
(c) He was working in the field.
(d) He was helping Mrs. Epps in the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. How could Samuel Bass' reaction to being approached by Solomon's rescuer best be described?
2. How did Radburn treat Solomon following the beating by Burch?
3. Why were men in the North not allowed to settle disputes with pistols or fistfights?
4. What did Solomon use to repay the Fords for their kindness following his run through the Great Pacoudrie Swamp?
5. As a slave, what type of reputation did Solomon have among the plantation owners around Bayou Bœuf?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)