|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What separated William Ford from other slave owners in Bayou Bœuf?
(a) He did not keep slaves whom he bought for more than three months.
(b) He taught each one of them a different trade.
(c) Once he bought slaves, he never sold them.
(d) He taught his slaves about God and provided them with Bibles.
2. As a slave, what type of reputation did Solomon have among the plantation owners around Bayou Bœuf?
(a) That of a lazy slave.
(b) That of a dishonest slave.
(c) That of an honest and intelligent slave.
(d) That of an intelligent and hard working slave.
3. In general, how did Solomon view slave owner William Ford's position with regard to his views on religion and slavery?
4. What caused the action of the Marksville Sheriff taking Solomon into custody to be carried out quickly?
(a) The fact that Solomon had been waiting to be rescued for a long, long time.
(b) The possibility that a key witness, Samuel Bass might be leaving the state the next day.
(c) Fear of the possibility that Epps might try to hide Solomon so that the Sheriff would not be able to take him into custody.
(d) The fact that the deadline to take Solomon into custody was at midnight that date.
5. How was Solomon able to get directions to Ford's Plantation after his run through the Great Pacoudrie Swamp?
(a) By acting as though he had business to handle there.
(b) By looking at a map that he had with him.
(c) By following the direction of the sun.
(d) By studying the directions of the roads nearby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of impression did Eliza give Solomon when she arrived in Williams' Slave Pen?
2. Based on the description of one in Chapter 16, what was a slave driver supposed to do?
3. Why did Author Solomon Northrup write Twelve Years a Slave?
4. How had Solomon's status changed within the family?
5. How did Freeman's customers view the idea of buying slaves from the same family?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)