|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could Solomon best be described as he argued with Burch right before his beating?
(a) He was unyielding.
(b) He was remorseful.
(c) He was aggressive.
(d) He was committed.
2. Overall, what was Epps most concerned about when Solomon fell ill?
(a) His own reputation.
(d) Solomon's health.
3. What did the fact that William Ford was willing to buy Eliza's child, Emily, from slave dealer Theophilus Freeman say about Ford?
(a) That he knew that he could keep her around for many years to come.
(b) That he could get a good price for Emily.
(c) That he had another child slave at his plantation who could play with Emily.
(d) That he believed in keeping slave family members together.
4. Why did Edwin Epps refuse to get rid of Patsey despite being urged to do so by Mrs. Epps?
(a) Because Patsey had a reputation of being lazy.
(b) Because he was afraid that she would turn him in to the Sheriff for having abused her.
(c) Becaues the whipping marks on Patsey's back made her appear rebellious.
(d) Because she was too valuable in the cotton field.
5. Aside from providing Solomon with favorable notoriety around Bayou Bœuf, his raft-building for Ford also provided him with which of the following?
(a) Experience in raft-building.
(b) Victory over Adam Taydem.
(c) A higher position among Ford's slaves.
(d) A visiting pass to the plantation of his choice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the likely thought type that raised the level of respect for Marshall among those who lived in Bayou Bœuf after he killed the man from Natchez?
2. Which of his senses did Solomon rely on the most while trying to figure out what was happening around him after spending his first night at Williams' Slave Pen in Washington City?
3. What did the fact that William Ford's slave, Walton had worked for Ford all of his life and spoke well about him say about Ford?
4. If at any time during his travels with Merrill Brown and Abram Hamilton, Solomon felt any doubt about their true motive, what did he base it upon?
5. Which of the following was one thing that Tibeats had a reputation of using when trying to out-maneuver his enemies?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)