|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If at any time during his travels with Merrill Brown and Abram Hamilton, Solomon felt any doubt about their true motive, what did he base it upon?
(a) Brown and Hamilton traveled very slowly.
(b) Brown and Hamilton changed the trio's original destination.
(c) Solomon never saw the circus.
(d) Brown and Hamilton became overly anxious to get to Washington City.
2. Based on the description that Solomon wrote, what did his room at Williams' Pen Slave Pen resemble?
(a) A prison cell.
(b) A shed.
(c) A warehouse.
(d) A hide-out.
3. What did Solomon learn while spending time in the yard outside Williams' Slave Pen?
(a) He learned that other slaves had escaped from that yard.
(b) He learned that there were other slave pens nearby.
(c) He learned the background of the other slaves.
(d) He learned that some of the slaves were planning to escape.
4. What was the purpose of having Jacob Brooks accompany Eliza to get her freedom papers?
(a) To vouch for her qualifications so that she would be issued freedom papers.
(b) To mislead her into a life of slavery.
(c) To help her find the place where freedom papers were issued since she did not know how to get there.
(d) To make sure that the proper freedom papers were issued to her.
5. From what Solomon could tell, what was the exterior design of Williams' Slave Pen in Washington City supposed to accomplish?
(a) Impress the neighbors.
(b) Provide shelter from rain.
(c) Attract attention.
(d) Conceal the slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Merrill Brown and Abram Hamilton treat Solomon while traveling to New York?
2. In general, how did Solomon view slave owner William Ford's position with regard to his views on religion and slavery?
3. How did Radburn treat Solomon following the beating by Burch?
4. In what order did the events listed take place in Solomon's life?
5. What became a problem with the letter that Solomon had Englishman John Manning mail?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)