|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What became a problem with the letter that Solomon had Englishman John Manning mail?
(a) John Manning decided to deliver the letter in person and never reached New York.
(b) John Manning never mailed the letter.
(c) Solomon directed the letter to an official who was not authorized to help him regain his freedom.
(d) Solomon did not provide information concerning his location within it.
2. How can the manner in which Solomon, Eliza, and the other slaves were led from Williams' Slave Pen and onto the Orleans best be described?
3. What circumstances allowed Solomon Northrup to be born a free man?
(a) Solomon had been born in Canada, and his family had migrated to the United States.
(b) Solomon was born after the United States Civil War.
(c) Solomon's father was a free man.
(d) Solomon's mother was a free woman.
4. What major error did Solomon commit with respect to his perception of Brown and Hamilton?
(a) He considered them to be his friends.
(b) He considered them to be sincere in their actions toward him.
(c) He considered himself lucky to have met them.
(d) He considered both men to be quite entertaining.
5. In general, how did Solomon view slave owner William Ford's position with regard to his views on religion and slavery?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Clemens Ray upset as he headed south aboard the Orleans?
2. How did Freeman's customers view the idea of buying slaves from the same family?
3. Why did Solomon want the old gentleman from New Orleans who was looking for a coachman to buy him?
4. How did Radburn treat Solomon following the beating by Burch?
5. Realistically, what did Solomon's owner, John M. Tibeats consider him to be?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)