|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aside from Bibles, what did William Ford provide his slaves that other slave owners seemed to overlook or not consider to provide them with at all?
(b) Bath soap.
(c) Winter clothing.
2. What did Solomon believe to be a contributing factor toward William Ford owning slaves despite the fact that he was a Christian?
(a) He believed that slaves could provide cheap and reliable labor.
(b) His inability to do all the work around the plantation by himself.
(c) He bought and owned slaves to keep them from being bought and treated harshly by others.
(d) The environment that Ford had lived in.
3. How did Solomon describe the interaction among Eliza, Randall, and Emily at the time that they first saw each other?
(a) Short and happy.
(b) Pleasant and normal.
(c) Happy and emotional.
(d) Long and normal.
4. In general, how did Mrs. Berry and her daughter feel about Eliza?
(a) Mrs. Berry and her daughter had a lot of respect Eliza.
(b) Mrs. Berry and her daughter were very fond of Eliza.
(c) Mrs. Berry and her daughter felt sorry for Eliza.
(d) Mrs. Berry and her daughter did not like Eliza.
5. How could the outcome of the talk between William Ford and John M. Tibeats with respect to the mistreatment of Solomon be described?
(a) As a victory for Ford.
(b) As a loss for Chapin.
(c) As a victory for Tibeats.
(d) As a loss for Ford.
Short Answer Questions
1. Overall, how was Solomon likely to feel about John Tibeats?
2. In one word, how could William Ford's overseer, Chapin be described?
3. Who suffered the worst loss of all during the slave sale at Freeman's?
4. Which of his senses did Solomon rely on the most while trying to figure out what was happening around him after spending his first night at Williams' Slave Pen in Washington City?
5. What type of reputation did Solomon maintain while living in Saratoga Springs?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)