|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the fact that Tibeats appeared unexpectedly three times while Solomon was working for Eldret indicate about him?
(a) That he was curious about how Eldret and Solomon got along with each another.
(b) That he wanted to see whether Solomon worked harder for Eldret than he did for him.
(c) That he wanted to get Solomon in trouble with Eldret.
(d) That he was looking for ways to get even with Solomon.
2. How did Solomon Northrup view himself in terms of knowledge about slavery in the United States?
(a) Knowledgeable about slavery in the Red River Region only.
(b) Knowledgeable about slavery throughout the world.
(c) Knowledgeable about slavery in Europe and the Red River Region.
(d) Knowledgeable about slavery throughout the United States.
3. Which of the following could be viewed as Epps' loss in the course of mistreating his slaves?
(a) Costs associated with constant leather whip replacements due to heavy use.
(b) Leading his son to believe that he did not have to respect.the slaves--even if they were older than him.
(c) A decrease in productivity due to his slaves having been beaten to the point of not being able to work.
(d) Profit loss resulting from the work of his slaves.
4. What did Solomon find to be unusual during his stay at the hospital for the treatment of small pox?
(a) That the same nurse tended to him during his entire stay.
(b) That coffins were being built behind the hospital.
(c) That he was never given any medicine.
(d) That there were no doctors in the building.
5. What was the name of the new member of the family?
(a) Everett Morton Mills.
(b) Kirby Alan Gilchrist.
(c) Garrett Field Wright.
(d) Solomon Northrup Staunton.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Author Northrup, what disturbed the peace around the Epps plantation?
2. How did the slaves treat Solomon after his ordeal with Tibeats was over?
3. What was the reason upon which Solomon based his bellief that Bass had left Marksville quietly?
4. What happened after Solomon filed his complaint against Burch?
5. Which of his senses did Solomon rely on the most while trying to figure out what was happening around him after spending his first night at Williams' Slave Pen in Washington City?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)