|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of work did Mr. Eldret have Solomon handle for him?
(a) Loom building.
(b) Raft building.
(c) Land clearing.
(d) Cotton picking.
2. How did Solomon feel about the way that Merrill Brown and Abram Hamilton treated him while on the way to New York?
(a) He did not have an opinion about the way the men treated him.
(b) He questioned the way that they treated him.
(c) He felt that the men should have treated him better.
(d) He felt good about the way the men treated him.
3. What type of reputation did Solomon maintain while living in Saratoga Springs?
(a) Educated and hardworking.
(b) Trustworthy and educated.
(c) Hardworking and respectable.
(d) Clean-cut and respectable.
4. In general, how did Mrs. Berry and her daughter feel about Eliza?
(a) Mrs. Berry and her daughter were very fond of Eliza.
(b) Mrs. Berry and her daughter did not like Eliza.
(c) Mrs. Berry and her daughter had a lot of respect Eliza.
(d) Mrs. Berry and her daughter felt sorry for Eliza.
5. Which of the entertainment-type acts that Merrill Brown and Abram Hamilton specialized in could account for their ability to persuade Solomon to travel with them based on a promise of high wages that unexpectedly took a turn and thrust him into the clutches of slavery instead?
(c) Frying pancakes in a hat.
(d) Causing invisible pigs to squeal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the likely thought type that raised the level of respect for Marshall among those who lived in Bayou Bœuf after he killed the man from Natchez?
2. How did Tibeats feel when he told Solomon that he had sold him to Edwin Epps?
3. How did Merrill Brown and Abram Hamilton treat Solomon while traveling to New York?
4. What kept Solomon from joining the other slaves in their nighttime 'coon and opossum-hunting expeditions?
5. What did the fact that William Ford's slave, Walton had worked for Ford all of his life and spoke well about him say about Ford?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)