|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Morrie meet his wife?
2. On the tenth Tuesday, another person was involved in the conversation. Who?
3. How did Mitch help Morrie out on the twelfth Tuesday?
4. What is the reason, according to Morrie, that people always want something new?
5. When would Morrie not be able to talk anymore?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mitch looked around Morrie's home, he saw a certain kind of wealth that had nothing to do with money. How had Morrie's house become a very wealthy home after his disease got diagnosed?
2. When the OJ Simpson verdict was showing on television, what was everybody doing?
3. According to Morrie, who was responsible for the brainwashing taking place all over the country and what is the result?
4. Morrie could not eat the food that Mitch still brought for him by the tenth Tuesday. Why did Mitch still bring food for Morrie?
5. On the twelfth Tuesday, Morrie talked about a good friend whom he never forgave and regretted it. What happened back then?
6. In the chapter "The Sixth Tuesday", one of Morrie's coughing spells is described in detail. What happened and how did Mitch react?
7. On the eleventh Tuesday, Mitch smacked Morrie on his back. Why did he do that?
8. What did Morrie tell Mitch about family on the fifth Tuesday?
9. Why was Morrie initially embarrassed when he couldn't wipe his own behind anymore? What did he do next?
10. Nightline returned for a third and final time. Ted Koppel asked Morrie if, as he got closer to dying, he was more afraid. How did Morrie respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Three times, Morrie is interviewed by Ted Koppel for the TV show Nightline. Do you think the interviews made an impression on the people watching? Why do you think that? How did the tone of the interviews change and why?
Essay Topic 2
Mitch's priorities changed over the progress of the book. Describe the personal changes Mitch underwent through his time with Morrie. Please provide specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Mitch was surprised by the fact that Morrie still watched the news while he was sick. How did Morrie feel when and after he watched the news? Why did he watch the news, and why was Mitch surprised by that? Explain Morrie's thoughts and emotions.
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)