|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which night of the week did Morrie perform his favorite hobby?
2. In the summer of which year did Morrie learn he is dying?
3. Why did Morrie have to break the tragic news of his mother's death?
4. Is Mitch successful with his dream career?
5. What did Morrie and Mitch talk about the third Tuesday?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mitch flashes back to his college days, he thinks about the times he and Morrie had lunch together. What did Morrie do when he and Mitch had lunch together?
2. What was Mitch's reaction to his uncle's death?
3. In the second interview with Ted Koppel on Nightline, Morrie said he gives to people. How did Morrie give to people?
4. What happened during Morrie's childhood?
5. What was absent during the old professor's last class?
6. What did Morrie answer when Mitch asked him if he felts sorry for himself?
7. Why did Morrie not mind that Mitch recorded their conversations?
8. When Mitch drove his rental car down Morrie's street for the first time, he did a few things at the same time. What was he doing?
9. What did Mitch discover when he got back to Detroit from London, and what was the result of this discovery?
10. Provide a few of Mitch's professional accomplishments.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Morrie threw himself a living funeral. Talk about this concept and describe Morrie's living funeral. Explain why he wanted to throw this funeral.
Essay Topic 2
Mitch was surprised by the fact that Morrie still watched the news while he was sick. How did Morrie feel when and after he watched the news? Why did he watch the news, and why was Mitch surprised by that? Explain Morrie's thoughts and emotions.
Essay Topic 3
In "Tuesdays with Morrie", Mitch and Morrie frequently talked about their families. Compare and contrast Morrie and Mitch's thoughts about family. Who are Mitch's family members and what is his (changing) relationship with them? Who are Morrie's family members and what is his relationship with them?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)