|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mitch asked what Morrie would do if he was granted one more perfectly healthy day. What would Morrie have done?
(a) He would try to change the world.
(b) He would sleep all day.
(c) The things he would normally do when he was still healthy.
(d) He would do something he always wanted to do and never did before.
2. When did Morrie meet his wife?
(a) When he was a student.
(b) When he was a kid.
(c) When he was sick.
(d) When he was a professor.
3. Why did Mitch still bring food for Morrie on the fourteenth Tuesday?
(a) Because Morrie liked eating.
(b) Because Mitch liked eating with Morrie.
(c) Because the fridge was empty.
(d) Because it was a tradition.
4. On this fifth Tuesday, what did Morrie say is the foundation of everything?
5. In the tenth Tuesday meeting, what did Morrie compare marriage to?
(a) An accomplishment.
(b) A drug.
(c) A disease.
(d) A test.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Morrie want his tombstone to read?
2. On the eleventh Tuesday, what did Morrie claim is a major problem in society?
3. What did Morrie do more by "The Audiovisual, Part 3" once his body had deteriorated and he was so close to death?
4. In Chapter Nineteen, Mitch tries to call his brother. Where does his brother live?
5. What is the only new thing that had been added to Morrie's study on the eighth Tuesday visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Morrie initially embarrassed when he couldn't wipe his own behind anymore? What did he do next?
2. On the eleventh Tuesday, Mitch smacked Morrie on his back. Why did he do that?
3. Morrie's wife Charlotte called Mitch the Monday before the fourteenth Tuesday. Why?
4. What did Morrie's family do when he lapsed into a coma?
5. On the twelfth Tuesday, Morrie talked about a good friend whom he never forgave and regretted it. What happened back then?
6. In the chapter "The Sixth Tuesday", one of Morrie's coughing spells is described in detail. What happened and how did Mitch react?
7. How do readers know that Brandeis college was a hotbed for cultural activism?
8. When Mitch looked around Morrie's home, he saw a certain kind of wealth that had nothing to do with money. How had Morrie's house become a very wealthy home after his disease got diagnosed?
9. Does Mitch ever hear Morrie's voice when he is alone?
10. Who belongs to Mitch's family?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)