|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mitch initially feel when Morrie confessed that if he'd had another son, he would have wanted Mitch to be him?
2. At one point on this sixth Tuesday, Morrie was half choking. What did Mitch do to save his professor?
(a) He called a doctor.
(b) He called for Charlotte.
(c) He hugged Morrie.
(d) He smacked Morrie on the back.
3. Where did Mitch find Morrie when he was ready to see him on this fourteenth Tuesday?
(a) In his chair.
(b) In his bed.
(c) On the toilet.
(d) In the kitchen.
4. Morrie learned to enjoy being dependent and being treated by others. What did he compare this feeling to?
(a) He felt healthy again.
(b) He felt like an adult.
(c) He felt like a baby again.
(d) He felt like a teenager again.
5. When does society start to go bad, according to Morrie?
(a) When people are not rich.
(b) When people are threatened by something.
(c) When people realize they will die.
(d) When people are sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Morrie, what is the biggest defect humans being have?
2. When Mitch asked Morrie why so many people always wish they were young again, what did Morrie answer?
3. On this fifth Tuesday, what did Morrie say is the foundation of everything?
4. On the ninth Tuesday, Morrie's condition was rapidly deteriorating, but he had a new saying. What was his new saying?
5. When did Morrie want Mitch to start forgiving?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Morrie initially embarrassed when he couldn't wipe his own behind anymore? What did he do next?
2. When the OJ Simpson verdict was showing on television, what was everybody doing?
3. On the eleventh Tuesday, Mitch smacked Morrie on his back. Why did he do that?
4. On the tenth Tuesday, Janine joined Mitch on his visit to Morrie. Janine sang a song for Morrie. How did Morrie react?
5. What were the important issues in life, according to Morrie?
6. On the twelfth Tuesday, Morrie talked about a good friend whom he never forgave and regretted it. What happened back then?
7. What do people need to forgive themselves for, according to Morrie?
8. What did Morrie tell Mitch about family on the fifth Tuesday?
9. Why did Morrie stop eating the food that Mitch brought?
10. Who belongs to Mitch's family?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)