|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Morrie began teaching at Brandeis in the late 1950's. There, the sociology department was heavily involved in which movement?
(a) The antiwar movement.
(b) The friendship movement.
(c) The communist movement.
(d) The antipolitics movement.
2. What did Morrie answer when Mitch asked him if he could live his life over, would he would have children again?
(a) That he didn't like the experience.
(b) That he wouldn't have missed the experience for anything
(c) That he wished he had more children.
(d) That Mitch should have children as well.
3. Why did Mitch still bring food for Morrie on the fourteenth Tuesday?
(a) Because it was a tradition.
(b) Because Mitch liked eating with Morrie.
(c) Because Morrie liked eating.
(d) Because the fridge was empty.
4. How long did Morrie work in the mental institute?
(a) Six years.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Five years.
5. When Mitch asked Morrie why so many people always wish they were young again, what did Morrie answer?
(a) That it's a sign of being immature.
(b) That it's a lack of intelligence.
(c) That it's a sign of an unfulfilled life.
(d) That it's because they are afraid to grow old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Morrie's disease was progressing and Mitch had to touch Morrie more and more to adjust the microphone. How did Morrie feel about that physical contact?
2. What did Morrie wish he had done more during his life?
3. Morrie always embraced aging, because it also means something else. What did Morrie compare aging with?
4. What is the only new thing that had been added to Morrie's study on the eighth Tuesday visit?
5. What did Morrie want to happen to his body when he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the OJ Simpson verdict was showing on television, what was everybody doing?
2. What did Morrie's family do when he lapsed into a coma?
3. How did Mitch realize the funeral was happening on a Tuesday?
4. Morrie called the third interview with Nightline a compromise. Why?
5. On the eleventh Tuesday, Mitch smacked Morrie on his back. Why did he do that?
6. What did Morrie reply when Mitch asked him whether he was ever afraid of growing old?
7. One of Morrie's first jobs was at a mental institution outside of Washington D.C. What did he do there?
8. Morrie could not eat the food that Mitch still brought for him by the tenth Tuesday. Why did Mitch still bring food for Morrie?
9. Nightline returned for a third and final time. Ted Koppel asked Morrie if, as he got closer to dying, he was more afraid. How did Morrie respond?
10. On the twelfth Tuesday, Morrie talked about a good friend whom he never forgave and regretted it. What happened back then?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)