|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the media make people believe, according to Morrie?
(a) That more is stupid.
(b) That more is sad.
(c) That more is bad.
(d) That more is good.
2. On this eleventh Tuesday, Morrie and Mitch did something else while they talk. What did they do?
(a) They cried.
(b) They hugged.
(c) They ate.
(d) They held hands.
3. Who gathered at Morrie's bedside the days before he died?
(a) His family.
(c) His colleagues.
(d) His friends.
4. Where did Mitch find Morrie when he was ready to see him on this fourteenth Tuesday?
(a) In his chair.
(b) On the toilet.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In his bed.
5. What did Mitch initially feel when Morrie confessed that if he'd had another son, he would have wanted Mitch to be him?
Short Answer Questions
1. At one point on this sixth Tuesday, Morrie was half choking. What did Mitch do to save his professor?
2. On the tenth Tuesday, another person was involved in the conversation. Who?
3. Why did Morrie never tell Mitch that he didn't eat the food he brought?
4. What did Morrie do more by "The Audiovisual, Part 3" once his body had deteriorated and he was so close to death?
5. When Ted Koppel asked Morrie about his previous comments about someone having to wipe his backside for him, what did he get instead of humor?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the OJ Simpson verdict was showing on television, what was everybody doing?
2. What did Morrie tell Mitch about family on the fifth Tuesday?
3. According to Morrie, who was responsible for the brainwashing taking place all over the country and what is the result?
4. What did Morrie reply when Mitch asked him whether he was ever afraid of growing old?
5. What were the important issues in life, according to Morrie?
6. Who belongs to Mitch's family?
7. Does Mitch ever hear Morrie's voice when he is alone?
8. Why was Morrie initially embarrassed when he couldn't wipe his own behind anymore? What did he do next?
9. Morrie called the third interview with Nightline a compromise. Why?
10. How did Mitch realize the funeral was happening on a Tuesday?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)