|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Morrie never tell Mitch that he didn't eat the food he brought?
(a) Because he wanted to hurt Mitch's feelings.
(b) Because he could not talk anymore.
(c) Because he didn't like the food.
(d) Because he didn't want to hurt Mitch's feelings.
2. According to Morrie, what allows a person to be on the same level as everyone else?
(a) An open house.
(c) An open heart.
3. On the sixth Tuesday, Morrie's health was deteriorating fast and he talked to Mitch about his scariest feelings. What was he scared of at that point?
(a) That he wouldn't be able to take another breath.
(b) That he wouldn't be able to walk.
(c) That he wouldn't be able to eat anymore.
(d) That he wouldn't be able to talk to Mitch anymore.
4. On the tenth Tuesday, another person was involved in the conversation. Who?
(a) Mitch's brother.
(b) Morrie's son.
(c) Mitch's wife.
(d) Morrie's wife.
5. On this fifth Tuesday, what did Morrie say is the foundation of everything?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mitch has a younger brother who got sick. What kind of disease did his brother have?
2. What did Morrie say he would do when he's dead and Mitch talked to him at his grave site?
3. What was the topic for the tenth Tuesday meeting?
4. On what day did Morrie's funeral take place?
5. Morrie believed in reincarnation. How did he want to come back?
Short Essay Questions
1. Morrie and Charlotte had discussed Morrie's cremation with the rabbi at the university who would preside over Morrie's memorial service. At one point the rabbi was shocked. Why?
2. Nightline returned for a third and final time. Ted Koppel asked Morrie if, as he got closer to dying, he was more afraid. How did Morrie respond?
3. Morrie called the third interview with Nightline a compromise. Why?
4. Why did Mitch finally cry, this last Tuesday?
5. What were the important issues in life, according to Morrie?
6. What do people need to forgive themselves for, according to Morrie?
7. How do readers know that Brandeis college was a hotbed for cultural activism?
8. When the OJ Simpson verdict was showing on television, what was everybody doing?
9. On the twelfth Tuesday, Morrie talked about a good friend whom he never forgave and regretted it. What happened back then?
10. What did Morrie's family do when he lapsed into a coma?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)