|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mitch continue to rack up with his job?
(a) A lot of fun.
(b) Real happiness.
(c) Professional accomplishments.
(d) Another wife.
2. How did Mitch feel after he returned from London?
(a) Sad and lonely.
(b) Happy about finally changing jobs.
(c) He wants to die.
(d) Confused and depressed.
3. On this first Tuesday, Mitch and Morrie started a familiar routine which occurred during all the following visits. What was their routine?
(a) Morrie asked questions and gave insights after receiving the answers.
(b) They talked about work.
(c) They shook hands and give hugs.
(d) Mitch interviewed Morrie.
4. How did Mitch feel about the affection his mentor showed for him during the initial reunion?
(a) He expected this affection.
(b) He felt sad.
(c) He was surprised.
(d) He didn't like it.
5. What did Mitch buy with all the money he earns after graduating the second time?
(a) Big screen TVs.
(b) New computers.
(c) A sailboat.
(d) Fast cars and big houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. From which university did Mitch graduate the second time?
2. When Mitch visited his mentor for the first time since college, where was Morrie waiting for him?
3. What is the name of the narrator's favorite university professor?
4. What is the reason Morrie's health began deteriorating?
5. What does one get after finishing the one last class described in "The Curriculum"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Morrie come to being interviewed by Ted Koppel in the TV show Nightline?
2. What was absent during the old professor's last class?
3. During this second interview on Nightline, Morrie talked about a letter he received from a woman who taught a class to children who have lost a parent. What did Morrie do next?
4. When Mitch flashes back to his college days, he thinks about the times he and Morrie had lunch together. What did Morrie do when he and Mitch had lunch together?
5. What did Mitch think when he saw how Morrie's many friends wanted to call and talk to him?
6. What did Mitch do after his college graduation ceremony?
7. In "The Curriculum", Mitch describes his former professor's last class. What happened in that class?
8. In the second interview with Ted Koppel on Nightline, Morrie said he gives to people. How did Morrie give to people?
9. Provide a few of Mitch's professional accomplishments.
10. When Mitch's college graduation ceremony was over, what did Mitch wonder after he gave his gift to Morrie?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)