|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years had Morrie and his almost-deaf friend been friends?
(a) Twenty-five years.
(b) Thirty-five years.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Forty years.
2. When Mitch returned to Detroit after visiting London, he was out of his newspaper job. What happened?
(a) Mitch decided he didn't want to write for the newspaper anymore.
(b) People didn't buy his newspaper anymore.
(c) Mitch got fired for staying in London too long.
(d) The unions at his newspaper had gone on strike.
3. When Mitch visited his mentor for the first time since college, where was Morrie waiting for him?
(a) In the study.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the driveway.
(d) By the front door.
4. Who is/are the student(s) in the one last class described in "The Curriculum"?
(a) Mitch Albom, Morrie Schwartz, Ted Koppel, and Lou Gehrig.
(b) Morrie Schwartz.
(c) Mitch Albom and Morrie Schwartz.
(d) Mitch Albom.
5. When Morrie and Mitch lunch together in "The Orientation", Morrie did something impolite. What did he do?
(a) He ate with his elbows on the table.
(b) He laughed with his mouth open and full of food.
(c) He was unfriendly to the wait staff.
(d) He didn't apoligize when going to the bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Mitch's family members died of cancer?
2. How did Mitch find out about the TV interview with his mentor?
3. Is Mitch successful with his dream career?
4. What did Mitch continue to rack up with his job?
5. What did Morrie and Mitch talk about the third Tuesday?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mitch flashes back to his college days, he thinks about the times he and Morrie had lunch together. What did Morrie do when he and Mitch had lunch together?
2. Why did Mitch bring food for Morrie during their first visits?
3. What did Morrie answer when Mitch asked him if he felts sorry for himself?
4. What were Morrie's suspicions about his disease?
5. Provide a few of Mitch's professional accomplishments.
6. Mitch was surprised in his first Tuesday meeting with Morrie to find out Morrie was still following the news. What did Morrie feel after watching the news?
7. What happened when Morrie threw himself a "living funeral"?
8. In relation to his hobby, what was one of the highlights in Morrie's life?
9. What did Morrie do every Wednesday when he was still healthy?
10. What was absent during the old professor's last class?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)