|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Morrie taught his last college course, he announced to his students that he may not be able to finish the course. Why?
(a) He might retire.
(b) He might get sick.
(c) He might die.
(d) He might get sick of it.
2. What disease was Morrie eventually diagnosed with?
(a) Lou Smith's disease.
(b) Lou Gehrig's disease.
3. Where did Morrie and his younger brother, David, go right after their mother died?
(a) To Germany.
(b) To the city.
(c) To the countryside.
(d) To the beach.
4. Morrie had trouble sleeping and dreamed a lot. What was he dreaming about?
5. What is the name of the journalist who interviewed Morrie on Nightline?
(a) Larry King.
(b) Ted Koppel.
(c) Mitch Albom.
(d) Ted Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Curriculum", the author talks about one last class. What do you have to do in this "special" class to receive extra credit?
2. When Mitch visited his mentor for the first time since college, where was Morrie waiting for him?
3. From which university did Mitch graduate the second time?
4. In which state is the narrator's university located?
5. When Morrie's disease progressed, he had to give up a lot. What was one thing he was still able to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. When he was a student, what was Mitch's first thought when he walked into Morrie's classroom for the first time?
2. What did Morrie do every Wednesday when he was still healthy?
3. Why did Mitch stop bringing his cellular phone along on his trips to visit Morrie?
4. When Mitch drove his rental car down Morrie's street for the first time, he did a few things at the same time. What was he doing?
5. During this second interview on Nightline, Morrie talked about a letter he received from a woman who taught a class to children who have lost a parent. What did Morrie do next?
6. What were the rewards of Mitch's professional success?
7. What happened during Morrie's childhood?
8. Why did Morrie never want to work in a factory?
9. What were Morrie's suspicions about his disease?
10. How did Morrie begin the conversation about death on the fourth Tuesday?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)