|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the summer of which year did Morrie learn he is dying?
2. Material things were very important to Mitch in "The Classroom" chapter. What was he handcuffed to?
(a) Cell phones and modems.
(b) Computers and stereos.
(c) Cars and houses.
(d) TVs and internet.
3. How did Mitch feel about the affection his mentor showed for him during the initial reunion?
(a) He didn't like it.
(b) He was surprised.
(c) He felt sad.
(d) He expected this affection.
4. What did Morrie dread most about the sure progression of his disease?
(a) That people would pity him.
(b) That some day somebody would have to wipe his backside.
(c) That people would think he was weak.
(d) That he could not dance anymore.
5. When Mitch returned to Detroit after visiting London, he was out of his newspaper job. What happened?
(a) The unions at his newspaper had gone on strike.
(b) Mitch got fired for staying in London too long.
(c) Mitch decided he didn't want to write for the newspaper anymore.
(d) People didn't buy his newspaper anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. In relation to the one last class referred to as the book opens, when is the student/are the students required to produce a paper?
2. How long did Morrie feel sorry about himself each morning?
3. Where did Morrie and his younger brother, David, go right after their mother died?
4. On the third Tuesday, Mitch and Morrie picked up the relationship they had before. What were their roles?
5. What is the name of the narrator's favorite university professor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Provide a few of Mitch's professional accomplishments.
2. In relation to his hobby, what was one of the highlights in Morrie's life?
3. When Mitch's college graduation ceremony was over, what did Mitch wonder after he gave his gift to Morrie?
4. What did Mitch do after his college graduation ceremony?
5. Why did Mitch bring food for Morrie during their first visits?
6. In the second interview with Ted Koppel on Nightline, Morrie said he gives to people. How did Morrie give to people?
7. What happened when Morrie threw himself a "living funeral"?
8. What did Morrie answer when Mitch asked him if he felts sorry for himself?
9. After graduation, Mitch moved to New York City. What were his plans?
10. When Mitch drove his rental car down Morrie's street for the first time, he did a few things at the same time. What was he doing?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)