|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mitch returned to Detroit after visiting London, he was out of his newspaper job. What happened?
(a) The unions at his newspaper had gone on strike.
(b) People didn't buy his newspaper anymore.
(c) Mitch decided he didn't want to write for the newspaper anymore.
(d) Mitch got fired for staying in London too long.
2. How did Morrie think he would eventually die?
(a) He would have a heart attack.
(b) He would drown.
(c) He would suffocate.
(d) He would get killed.
3. How many years had Morrie and his almost-deaf friend been friends?
(a) Thirty-five years.
(b) Twenty-five years.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Forty years.
4. From which university did the narrator graduate?
(a) Brandeis University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Yale University.
(d) Brandwine University.
5. Why was the ability to speak and to use his hands important to Morrie?
(a) Because he needed his hands to wipe his backside.
(b) Because he talked with his voice and his hands.
(c) Because he talked while he ate.
(d) Because he liked talking and eating.
Short Answer Questions
1. On this first Tuesday, Mitch and Morrie started a familiar routine which occurred during all the following visits. What was their routine?
2. What did Mitch hope to make a career as?
3. On that first visit, why did Mitch stay in his car instead of jumping out and greeting his mentor?
4. What was Morrie's favorite hobby?
5. Is Mitch successful with his dream career?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the second interview with Ted Koppel on Nightline, Morrie said he gives to people. How did Morrie give to people?
2. How did Morrie begin the conversation about death on the fourth Tuesday?
3. What did Mitch think when he saw how Morrie's many friends wanted to call and talk to him?
4. How did Morrie come to being interviewed by Ted Koppel in the TV show Nightline?
5. What did Morrie do every Wednesday when he was still healthy?
6. When Mitch flashes back to his college days, he thinks about the times he and Morrie had lunch together. What did Morrie do when he and Mitch had lunch together?
7. What happened during Morrie's childhood?
8. What were the rewards of Mitch's professional success?
9. After graduation, Mitch moved to New York City. What were his plans?
10. During this second interview on Nightline, Morrie talked about a letter he received from a woman who taught a class to children who have lost a parent. What did Morrie do next?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)