|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On this thirteenth Tuesday, what did Morrie compare his body with?
(a) A shell.
(b) An animal.
(c) A grave.
(d) A box.
2. On the sixth Tuesday, Mitch discovered that Morrie's fridge is full of food that he brought for his professor. Why did Morrie not eat the food Mitch brought?
(a) Because he didn't like the food Mitch brought.
(b) Because he wanted to hurt Mitch's feelings.
(c) Because he wasn't hungry.
(d) Because he could not chew his food anymore.
3. One of Morrie's first jobs was in a mental institution where he was supposed to just observe. Instead of just observing, what did he do?
(a) He befriended the patients.
(b) He pretended he was one of the patients.
(c) He pretended he was a doctor.
(d) He helped the nurses.
4. Why did so many students from Brandeis visit Morrie during his final days?
(a) Because they want the food from the fridge.
(b) Because they want to find out what it is like to die.
(c) Because they truly cared about Morrie and thought he was a special professor.
(d) Because they want to teach him now.
5. When did Morrie stop breathing?
(a) The first time that he was completely alone since falling into the coma.
(b) When Morrie was standing next to his bed.
(c) When his friends were around him.
(d) When his family was around him.
6. What did Mitch initially feel when Morrie confessed that if he'd had another son, he would have wanted Mitch to be him?
7. What was Morrie doing while the rest of the world was watching the OJ Simpson verdict on TV?
(a) He was sitting on the toilet.
(b) He was eating.
(c) He was going for a walk.
(d) He was talking to Mitch.
8. On what day did Morrie's funeral take place?
(a) On a Tuesday.
(b) On a Saturday.
(c) On a Monday.
(d) On a Sunday.
9. Mitch has a younger brother who got sick. What kind of disease did his brother have?
(a) Lou Gehrig's disease.
(d) Alzheimers disease.
10. When Mitch visited Morrie on the seventh Tuesday, Morrie had finally lost one of the only battles he dreaded. What is Morrie not able to do anymore?
(a) Walk around.
(b) Wipe his behind.
11. How did Mitch help Morrie out on the twelfth Tuesday?
(a) He took Morrie to the bathroom.
(b) He massaged Morrie's feet with lotion.
(c) He put suntan lotion on Morrie's body.
(d) He wiped Morrie's backside.
12. What did Morrie do when the sociology department learned that male students who don't keep their grades up could lose their draft deferment?
(a) He proposed a toast.
(b) He proposed closing the department.
(c) He proposed giving them all A's.
(d) He proposed leaving Brandeis.
13. Why did Morrie not want to be in his thirties anymore?
(a) Because he thought people in their thirties were stupid.
(b) Because he liked to be old.
(c) Because he didn't like it when he was in his thirties.
(d) Because his time to be in his thirties had come and gone.
14. On the sixth Tuesday, Morrie's health was deteriorating fast and he talked to Mitch about his scariest feelings. What was he scared of at that point?
(a) That he wouldn't be able to talk to Mitch anymore.
(b) That he wouldn't be able to take another breath.
(c) That he wouldn't be able to eat anymore.
(d) That he wouldn't be able to walk.
15. Who did Charlotte invite to the funeral?
(a) Family and a few good friends.
(b) Hundreds of people.
(c) All of Morrie's students.
(d) All of Morrie's colleagues.
Short Answer Questions
1. On this eleventh Tuesday, Morrie and Mitch did something else while they talk. What did they do?
2. Mitch didn't like to deal with his feelings. How did he avoid dealing with his feelings?
3. According to Morrie, death ends a life. What does it not end?
4. What are some of the things Mitch did to fight his aging?
5. What did Mitch finally do before he left Morrie for the last time?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)