|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On this eleventh Tuesday, Morrie and Mitch did something else while they talk. What did they do?
(a) They held hands.
(b) They cried.
(c) They ate.
(d) They hugged.
2. On the sixth Tuesday, Mitch discovered that Morrie's fridge is full of food that he brought for his professor. Why did Morrie not eat the food Mitch brought?
(a) Because he could not chew his food anymore.
(b) Because he wasn't hungry.
(c) Because he didn't like the food Mitch brought.
(d) Because he wanted to hurt Mitch's feelings.
3. At the end of the interview, Koppel asked if there was anything Morrie would like to say to the millions of people watching. What did Morrie tell them?
(a) To love one another.
(b) To hate one another.
(c) To hug each other.
(d) To talk to one another.
4. What did Morrie want his tombstone to read?
(a) "Alive until the end."
(b) "The best teacher ever."
(c) "Death by disease."
(d) "A teacher to the last."
5. On what day did Morrie's funeral take place?
(a) On a Sunday.
(b) On a Tuesday.
(c) On a Monday.
(d) On a Saturday.
6. Why did Morrie not want to be in his thirties anymore?
(a) Because he didn't like it when he was in his thirties.
(b) Because his time to be in his thirties had come and gone.
(c) Because he liked to be old.
(d) Because he thought people in their thirties were stupid.
7. When Mitch visited Morrie on the seventh Tuesday, Morrie had finally lost one of the only battles he dreaded. What is Morrie not able to do anymore?
(a) Walk around.
(d) Wipe his behind.
8. What did Morrie say he would do when he's dead and Mitch talked to him at his grave site?
9. During the third interview, Morrie told Ted Koppel that the disease could have his body, but what was the disease not allowed to get?
(a) His family.
(b) His money.
(c) His spirit.
(d) His intelligence.
10. What was the topic for the tenth Tuesday meeting?
11. On the tenth Tuesday, another person was involved in the conversation. Who?
(a) Morrie's wife.
(b) Mitch's brother.
(c) Morrie's son.
(d) Mitch's wife.
12. What did Morrie want to happen to his body when he died?
(a) He wanted it to be buried.
(b) He wanted it to be cremated.
(c) He wanted it to be frozen.
(d) He wanted it to be used for experiments.
13. Morrie always embraced aging, because it also means something else. What did Morrie compare aging with?
14. According to Morrie, death ends a life. What does it not end?
(a) A disease.
(b) A relationship.
(c) A fortune.
(d) An adventure.
15. When does society start to go bad, according to Morrie?
(a) When people are not rich.
(b) When people realize they will die.
(c) When people are threatened by something.
(d) When people are sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mitch find Morrie when he was ready to see him on this fourteenth Tuesday?
2. What is the reason, according to Morrie, that people always want something new?
3. What is the profession of Stephen Hawking?
4. How long did Morrie work in the mental institute?
5. What did Morrie answer when Mitch asked him if he could live his life over, would he would have children again?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)