|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Morrie meet his wife?
(a) When he was a kid.
(b) When he was a professor.
(c) When he was sick.
(d) When he was a student.
2. Why was Mitch angry at his younger brother?
(a) Because his brother didn't love him.
(b) Because he left for Europe.
(c) Because he didn't allow Mitch to help him.
(d) Because he is his brother.
3. According to Morrie, death ends a life. What does it not end?
(a) An adventure.
(b) A fortune.
(c) A disease.
(d) A relationship.
4. How long did Morrie work in the mental institute?
(a) One year.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Six years.
5. At the end of the interview, Koppel asked if there was anything Morrie would like to say to the millions of people watching. What did Morrie tell them?
(a) To hug each other.
(b) To love one another.
(c) To talk to one another.
(d) To hate one another.
6. What do people in the hospital do when somebody dies?
(a) They bury the body.
(b) They spray the body and remove it.
(c) They cremate the body.
(d) They cover the body with a sheet and remove it.
7. What are some of the things Mitch did to fight his aging?
(a) He went to the hairdresser a lot.
(b) He used anti-wrinkle cream and shaved every day.
(c) He wore clothes that made him look younger.
(d) He worked out and watched his diet.
8. Where did Mitch find Morrie when he was ready to see him on this fourteenth Tuesday?
(a) In his chair.
(b) In his bed.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) On the toilet.
9. On this thirteenth Tuesday, what did Morrie compare his body with?
(a) A shell.
(b) An animal.
(c) A grave.
(d) A box.
10. According to Morrie, what is the biggest defect humans being have?
11. Mitch has a younger brother who got sick. What kind of disease did his brother have?
(b) Alzheimers disease.
(d) Lou Gehrig's disease.
12. What did Morrie call Mitch on this final Tuesday?
(a) His dear son.
(b) His dear student.
(c) His dear visitor.
(d) His dear friend.
13. What was the topic for the tenth Tuesday meeting?
14. On the eighth Tuesday, Morrie and Mitch talked about money and values. What is, according to Morrie, the result of people valuing the wrong thing?
(a) They are happy.
(b) The don't care about anything.
(c) They lead rich lives.
(d) They lead disillusioned lives.
15. What did Morrie do more by "The Audiovisual, Part 3" once his body had deteriorated and he was so close to death?
(a) Listen to music.
(b) Read mail.
(c) Read the paper.
(d) Watch the news.
Short Answer Questions
1. Morrie believed in reincarnation. How did he want to come back?
2. Mitch asked what Morrie would do if he was granted one more perfectly healthy day. What would Morrie have done?
3. Morrie learned to enjoy being dependent and being treated by others. What did he compare this feeling to?
4. Who gathered at Morrie's bedside the days before he died?
5. Morrie's disease was progressing and Mitch had to touch Morrie more and more to adjust the microphone. How did Morrie feel about that physical contact?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)