|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mitch visited his mentor for the first time since college, where was Morrie waiting for him?
(a) In the study.
(b) In the driveway.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) By the front door.
2. What did Mitch hope to make a career as?
(a) As a professor.
(b) As a writer.
(c) As a dancer.
(d) As a musician.
3. The phone rang a lot during Mitch and Morrie's first visit. Why did Morrie have his nurse take all the messages?
(a) He didn't want his time with Mitch being interrupted.
(b) He was too lazy to pick up the phone himself.
(c) He was too sick to pick up the phone himself.
(d) He didn't want people calling him.
4. Which of Mitch's family members died of cancer?
(a) His father.
(b) His wife.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His brother.
5. Why did it bother Morrie that one day someone else would have to wipe his behind?
(a) Because it made him feel sick.
(b) He saw it as the ultimate sign of dependency.
(c) Because it smells.
(d) He saw it as a sign of weakness.
6. A highlight of Morrie's life was the night a certain genre of music is played. Which music genre was played that night?
(a) The salsa.
(b) The waltz.
(c) The merengue.
(d) The tango.
7. How did Morrie think he would eventually die?
(a) He would get killed.
(b) He would drown.
(c) He would have a heart attack.
(d) He would suffocate.
8. What did Morrie dread most about the sure progression of his disease?
(a) That he could not dance anymore.
(b) That people would pity him.
(c) That some day somebody would have to wipe his backside.
(d) That people would think he was weak.
9. On the third Tuesday, Mitch brought an item with him to help him remember Morrie forever. What did he bring?
(a) A camera.
(b) A tape recorder.
(c) A note pad.
(d) An MP3 player.
10. Morrie's disease is named after Lou Gehrig. Where did Lou Gehrig say goodbye to all his fans?
(a) In a stadium.
(b) On a tennis court.
(c) On a podium.
(d) In a church.
11. Morrie told Ted Koppel that there was something you don't need between good, loving friends. What is not needed to feel the love between one and another?
12. Which gift did the narrator present his favorite professor after the graduation ceremony?
(a) A leather briefcase.
(b) A leather suitcase.
(c) A hug.
(d) A silver pen.
13. Which city did Mitch move to after his graduation?
(d) New York City.
14. What were the rumors about the strike that cost Mitch his job?
(a) That it would stop soon.
(b) That it would become violent.
(c) That it could go on for years.
(d) That it could go on for months.
15. Mitch decided to go back to school. What did he earn a graduate degree in?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Morrie's body continued to weaken, he started writing notes about his philosophy of dying. These notes turned into an article and an interview. Which newspaper published this article and interview?
2. How did Mitch feel after he returned from London?
3. On this first Tuesday, Mitch and Morrie started a familiar routine which occurred during all the following visits. What was their routine?
4. How many students are participating in the one last class in "The Curriculum"?
5. Because it was inevitable, Morrie planed to deal with the fact that somebody would have to wipe his backside in the future. How did he plan to deal with this?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)