|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Morrie and his younger brother, David, go right after their mother died?
(a) To the city.
(b) To the beach.
(c) To Germany.
(d) To the countryside.
2. What did Mitch buy with all the money he earns after graduating the second time?
(a) Fast cars and big houses.
(b) Big screen TVs.
(c) New computers.
(d) A sailboat.
3. When Morrie taught his last college course, he announced to his students that he may not be able to finish the course. Why?
(a) He might get sick of it.
(b) He might die.
(c) He might retire.
(d) He might get sick.
4. When Mitch was young and he had lots of conversations with Morrie, Morrie acted as a certain family member towards Mitch. What kind of family member?
(a) A grandfather.
(b) A father.
(c) A brother.
(d) An uncle.
5. Why was the ability to speak and to use his hands important to Morrie?
(a) Because he talked with his voice and his hands.
(b) Because he liked talking and eating.
(c) Because he needed his hands to wipe his backside.
(d) Because he talked while he ate.
6. What is the name of the journalist who interviewed Morrie on Nightline?
(a) Larry King.
(b) Ted Kennedy.
(c) Mitch Albom.
(d) Ted Koppel.
7. After his experience with the newspaper, Morrie appeared on a TV-show called Nightline. That interview began unusually. What happened?
(a) Morrie watched an episode of Nightline.
(b) Morrie first interviewed the journalist of Nightline himself.
(c) Morrie started crying.
(d) Morrie decided he didn't want to do the interview.
8. Mitch decided to go back to school. What did he earn a graduate degree in?
9. Who is/are the student(s) in the one last class described in "The Curriculum"?
(a) Mitch Albom and Morrie Schwartz.
(b) Mitch Albom.
(c) Morrie Schwartz.
(d) Mitch Albom, Morrie Schwartz, Ted Koppel, and Lou Gehrig.
10. How did Mitch feel after he returned from London?
(a) Sad and lonely.
(b) Confused and depressed.
(c) He wants to die.
(d) Happy about finally changing jobs.
11. Morrie continued receiving mail after his appearance on Nightline. How did he sign all the responding letters?
(a) "Thank you, Morrie."
(b) "Thank you."
(c) "Sincerely, Morrie."
(d) "Thanks a lot, Morrie."
12. What disease was Morrie eventually diagnosed with?
(a) Lou Smith's disease.
(d) Lou Gehrig's disease.
13. What is the reason Morrie's health began deteriorating?
(a) An injury.
(b) Old age.
(c) A disease.
(d) An accident.
14. What did Mitch promise his wife?
(a) That they will move to another city.
(b) That they will get a dog.
(c) That they will become rich.
(d) That they will start a family.
15. On the third Tuesday, Mitch and Morrie picked up the relationship they had before. What were their roles?
Short Answer Questions
1. In relation to the one last class referred to as the book opens, when is the student/are the students required to produce a paper?
2. While Mitch was in London, something changed inside him, because of his conversation with Morrie. What was he realizing?
3. When Mitch went home after his third visit with Morrie, he made a list of questions for Morrie to answer. Why did he want Morrie to answer those questions?
4. What were some of the topics Mitch put in his list of questions for Morrie?
5. Which of Mitch's family members died of cancer?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)