|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In relation to the one last class referred to as the book opens, when is the student/are the students required to produce a paper?
(a) Before the class.
(c) Halfway through the class.
(d) At the end of the class.
2. What did Eva give to Morrie and his brother?
(b) A new place to live.
(c) Money and toys.
(d) Love and affection.
3. When Mitch visited his mentor for the first time since college, where was Morrie waiting for him?
(a) In the driveway.
(b) By the front door.
(c) In the study.
(d) In the kitchen.
4. Because it was inevitable, Morrie planed to deal with the fact that somebody would have to wipe his backside in the future. How did he plan to deal with this?
(a) He would pretend to be an animal.
(b) He would pretend he didnn't feel it.
(c) He would pretend to be a baby again.
(d) He would die before this had to happen.
5. What was Morrie's favorite hobby?
6. What did Morrie do when he could't go to the bathroom by himself anymore?
(a) He wore special underwear in which he can urinate.
(b) He asked his visitors if they mind helping him.
(c) He started sleeping in the bathroom.
(d) He didn't go anymore.
7. Where did Morrie and his younger brother, David, go right after their mother died?
(a) To the beach.
(b) To the countryside.
(c) To Germany.
(d) To the city.
8. Why did Morrie appreciate the world outside more than Mitch does?
(a) Because he could't go outside anymore to enjoy that world.
(b) Because he enjoyed the weather more than Mitch did.
(c) Because he was in a wheelchair.
(d) Because he couldn't drive his car anymore.
9. During their conversation about death, Morrie mentioned that people would do something if they believed they would die. What would happen if people believed they would die?
(a) They would try to get rich.
(b) They would be afraid.
(c) They would do things differently.
(d) They would like to die.
10. Which gift did the narrator present his favorite professor after the graduation ceremony?
(a) A hug.
(b) A leather suitcase.
(c) A silver pen.
(d) A leather briefcase.
11. What is the name of the narrator's favorite university professor?
(a) Ted Koppel.
(b) Mitch Albom.
(c) Lou Gehrig.
(d) Morrie Schwartz.
12. When Mitch was Morrie's student, Morrie decided to call him Mitch instead of Mitchell. Why?
(a) Because he already knew somebody called Mitchell.
(b) Because he hoped to be Mitch's friend one day.
(c) Because Mitch told him that's what he prefers to be called.
(d) Because he didn't like the name Mitchell.
13. In "The Curriculum", the author describes the last class of somebody's life. Whose life?
(a) The life of his old uncle.
(b) The life of his brother.
(c) The life of his old professor.
(d) The life of another student.
14. During Mitch and Morrie's first visit, Morrie announced to Mitch that dying is just as sad as something else. What does he think is just as sad as dying?
(a) Being sick.
(b) Not finding a job.
(c) Living unhappily.
(d) Living with no money.
15. The phone rang a lot during Mitch and Morrie's first visit. Why did Morrie have his nurse take all the messages?
(a) He was too sick to pick up the phone himself.
(b) He didn't want his time with Mitch being interrupted.
(c) He didn't want people calling him.
(d) He was too lazy to pick up the phone himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the rumors about the strike that cost Mitch his job?
2. How long did Morrie feel sorry about himself each morning?
3. What did Mitch bring for Morrie on this first Tuesday?
4. In the last year of his life, Morrie threw himself a "living funeral". Why?
5. After his experience with the newspaper, Morrie appeared on a TV-show called Nightline. That interview began unusually. What happened?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)