|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which gift did the narrator present his favorite professor after the graduation ceremony?
(a) A hug.
(b) A leather suitcase.
(c) A leather briefcase.
(d) A silver pen.
2. Why was the ability to speak and to use his hands important to Morrie?
(a) Because he talked while he ate.
(b) Because he talked with his voice and his hands.
(c) Because he needed his hands to wipe his backside.
(d) Because he liked talking and eating.
3. Morrie's disease is named after Lou Gehrig. Where did Lou Gehrig say goodbye to all his fans?
(a) On a podium.
(b) In a church.
(c) On a tennis court.
(d) In a stadium.
4. When Morrie and Mitch lunch together in "The Orientation", Morrie did something impolite. What did he do?
(a) He was unfriendly to the wait staff.
(b) He didn't apoligize when going to the bathroom.
(c) He laughed with his mouth open and full of food.
(d) He ate with his elbows on the table.
5. On the fourth Tuesday, Mitch touched Morrie's face while doing something. What did he do for Morrie that required this touch?
(a) He gave Morrie food.
(b) He took Morrie to the bathroom.
(c) He adjusted Morrie's glasses.
(d) He stroked Morrie over his head.
6. Morrie talked to Ted Koppel about the loss of his own mother. How did Morrie feel after losing his mother?
7. What did Mitch buy with all the money he earns after graduating the second time?
(a) A sailboat.
(b) Fast cars and big houses.
(c) New computers.
(d) Big screen TVs.
8. What did Morrie and Mitch talk about the third Tuesday?
(c) The world.
9. In "The Orientation", Mitch gave Morrie a nickname. What is Morrie's nickname?
10. When Mitch returned to Morrie's house on the fourth Tuesday, which item had been added to Morrie's collection of medical equipment?
(a) An electric wheelchair.
(b) A portable toilet.
(c) An oxygen machine.
(d) A scale.
11. Why did Nightline and Ted Koppel return to interview Morrie?
(a) Because they wanted to do a follow-up story about Morrie's life.
(b) Because Morrie asked them to come back.
(c) Because they liked Morrie a lot.
(d) Because Mitch wanted to see another interview with Morrie.
12. In relation to the one last class referred to as the book opens, when is the student/are the students required to produce a paper?
(a) Before the class.
(c) Halfway through the class.
(d) At the end of the class.
13. Where did Morrie and his younger brother, David, go right after their mother died?
(a) To the beach.
(b) To the countryside.
(c) To Germany.
(d) To the city.
14. In the summer of which year did Morrie learn he is dying?
15. In "The Curriculum", the author talks about one last class. What do you have to do in this "special" class to receive extra credit?
(a) Kiss the professor goodbye.
(b) Score high grades.
(c) Finish the assignments on time.
(d) Wave to the professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Morrie when his mother died?
2. How many students are participating in the one last class in "The Curriculum"?
3. Why was Mitch unaware of Schwartz's illness?
4. On the third Tuesday, Mitch brought an item with him to help him remember Morrie forever. What did he bring?
5. In "Taking Attendance", Mitch flew to London for his job. What did he cover while he's there?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)