|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his graduation ceremony, who did the narrator introduces his favorite professor to?
(a) Another professor.
(b) His parents.
(c) His old uncle.
(d) Morrie Schwartz.
2. What were some of the topics Mitch put in his list of questions for Morrie?
(a) Wealth and possession.
(b) Death, fear and aging.
(c) Happiness and good fortune.
(d) Freedom, war and politics.
3. On the third Tuesday, Mitch brought an item with him to help him remember Morrie forever. What did he bring?
(a) A camera.
(b) A note pad.
(c) A tape recorder.
(d) An MP3 player.
4. Why did Morrie appreciate the world outside more than Mitch does?
(a) Because he enjoyed the weather more than Mitch did.
(b) Because he couldn't drive his car anymore.
(c) Because he could't go outside anymore to enjoy that world.
(d) Because he was in a wheelchair.
5. Morrie felt somewhat lucky about the slow progression of his disease. Why?
(a) It gave him plenty of time to say goodbye to everyone.
(b) It gave him time to think about what was going on.
(c) He enjoyed the pain.
(d) It gave him time to talk about his disease.
6. In the last year of his life, Morrie threw himself a "living funeral". Why?
(a) To say goodbye to everybody.
(b) To dance one more time.
(c) To enjoy drinking and eating with friends.
(d) To make sure his friends and family knew his love for them.
7. When Mitch was Morrie's student, Morrie decided to call him Mitch instead of Mitchell. Why?
(a) Because he didn't like the name Mitchell.
(b) Because he already knew somebody called Mitchell.
(c) Because Mitch told him that's what he prefers to be called.
(d) Because he hoped to be Mitch's friend one day.
8. When Mitch visited Morrie on their second Tuesday, what did he decide to leave at home?
(a) His car keys.
(b) His cell phone.
(d) His brief case.
9. When Morrie's body continued to weaken, he started writing notes about his philosophy of dying. These notes turned into an article and an interview. Which newspaper published this article and interview?
(a) The Washington Times.
(b) The Boston Globe.
(c) The Boston Times.
(d) The New York Times.
10. Which of Mitch's family members died of cancer?
(a) His father.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His wife.
(d) His brother.
11. How long did Morrie feel sorry about himself each morning?
(b) An hour.
(c) Two hours.
(d) A few minutes.
12. What were the rumors about the strike that cost Mitch his job?
(a) That it would stop soon.
(b) That it could go on for years.
(c) That it would become violent.
(d) That it could go on for months.
13. Is Mitch successful with his dream career?
(d) Most of the time.
14. In "The Orientation", Mitch gave Morrie a nickname. What is Morrie's nickname?
15. The phone rang a lot during Mitch and Morrie's first visit. Why did Morrie have his nurse take all the messages?
(a) He was too sick to pick up the phone himself.
(b) He didn't want people calling him.
(c) He didn't want his time with Mitch being interrupted.
(d) He was too lazy to pick up the phone himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years had Morrie and his almost-deaf friend been friends?
2. How did Mitch feel about the affection his mentor showed for him during the initial reunion?
3. After his experience with the newspaper, Morrie appeared on a TV-show called Nightline. That interview began unusually. What happened?
4. What was Mitch's new job after finishing school again?
5. While Mitch was in London, something changed inside him, because of his conversation with Morrie. What was he realizing?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)