|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Professor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Morrie think he would eventually die?
(a) He would drown.
(b) He would get killed.
(c) He would suffocate.
(d) He would have a heart attack.
2. When Mitch returned to Detroit after visiting London, he was out of his newspaper job. What happened?
(a) Mitch got fired for staying in London too long.
(b) The unions at his newspaper had gone on strike.
(c) Mitch decided he didn't want to write for the newspaper anymore.
(d) People didn't buy his newspaper anymore.
3. How did Mitch feel about the affection his mentor showed for him during the initial reunion?
(a) He expected this affection.
(b) He didn't like it.
(c) He was surprised.
(d) He felt sad.
4. In "The Curriculum", the author talks about one last class. What do you have to do in this "special" class to receive extra credit?
(a) Wave to the professor.
(b) Finish the assignments on time.
(c) Kiss the professor goodbye.
(d) Score high grades.
5. What did Mitch bring for Morrie on this first Tuesday?
(a) A wheelchair.
(c) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mitch was younger, he had a lot of conversations with Morrie. During one of those conversations, Morrie told him that people are pulled in two directions: what they know versus what they feel and what they need versus what they want. What did Morrie answer when Mitch asked him which side wins?
2. Morrie told Ted Koppel that there was something you don't need between good, loving friends. What is not needed to feel the love between one and another?
3. When Mitch visited Morrie on their second Tuesday, what did he decide to leave at home?
4. Where did Morrie and his younger brother, David, go right after their mother died?
5. Which city did Mitch move to after his graduation?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)