|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Taking Attendance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the rumors about the strike that cost Mitch his job?
(a) That it would become violent.
(b) That it would stop soon.
(c) That it could go on for months.
(d) That it could go on for years.
2. In "The Orientation", Mitch gave Morrie a nickname. What is Morrie's nickname?
3. What did Morrie do when he could't go to the bathroom by himself anymore?
(a) He wore special underwear in which he can urinate.
(b) He asked his visitors if they mind helping him.
(c) He didn't go anymore.
(d) He started sleeping in the bathroom.
4. On that first visit, why did Mitch stay in his car instead of jumping out and greeting his mentor?
(a) He felt unprepared for the reunion.
(b) He was too shy to get out of the car.
(c) He felt sick.
(d) He had more important things to do.
5. From which university did the narrator graduate?
(a) Brandeis University.
(b) Yale University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Brandwine University.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Morrie's body continued to weaken, he started writing notes about his philosophy of dying. These notes turned into an article and an interview. Which newspaper published this article and interview?
2. What is the name of the journalist who interviewed Morrie on Nightline?
3. In "Taking Attendance", Mitch flew to London for his job. What did he cover while he's there?
4. What is the name of the narrator's favorite university professor?
5. When Mitch was young and he had lots of conversations with Morrie, Morrie acted as a certain family member towards Mitch. What kind of family member?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)