|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Twelfth Tuesday We Talk About Forgiveness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the first Tuesday, Morrie made a promise to Mitch, a promise he had made many times before. Which promise did Morrie make?
(a) That some day, he would get Mitch to give him a kiss.
(b) That some day, he would get Mitch to bring less food.
(c) That some day, he would get Mitch to cry.
(d) That some day, he would get Mitch to wipe his backside.
2. Why did Morrie not want to be in his thirties anymore?
(a) Because he liked to be old.
(b) Because he didn't like it when he was in his thirties.
(c) Because he thought people in their thirties were stupid.
(d) Because his time to be in his thirties had come and gone.
3. Why did Morrie still want to hear about other people's problems, even though he was dying?
(a) Because he liked to hear about other people's problems.
(b) Because he wanted to solve all the problems in the world.
(c) Because that was what made him feel intelligent.
(d) Because that's what made him feel alive.
4. Which of Mitch's family members died of cancer?
(a) His brother.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) His wife.
5. During Mitch and Morrie's first visit, Morrie announced to Mitch that dying is just as sad as something else. What does he think is just as sad as dying?
(a) Living with no money.
(b) Being sick.
(c) Not finding a job.
(d) Living unhappily.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mitch was younger, he had a lot of conversations with Morrie. During one of those conversations, Morrie told him that people are pulled in two directions: what they know versus what they feel and what they need versus what they want. What did Morrie answer when Mitch asked him which side wins?
2. How did Mitch help Morrie out on the twelfth Tuesday?
3. What did Mitch initially feel when Morrie confessed that if he'd had another son, he would have wanted Mitch to be him?
4. Why was Mitch unaware of Schwartz's illness?
5. Morrie's disease was progressing and Mitch had to touch Morrie more and more to adjust the microphone. How did Morrie feel about that physical contact?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)