|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Tuesday We Talk About the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the summer of which year did Morrie learn he is dying?
2. The phone rang a lot during Mitch and Morrie's first visit. Why did Morrie have his nurse take all the messages?
(a) He was too sick to pick up the phone himself.
(b) He didn't want his time with Mitch being interrupted.
(c) He was too lazy to pick up the phone himself.
(d) He didn't want people calling him.
3. What did Morrie do when he could't go to the bathroom by himself anymore?
(a) He asked his visitors if they mind helping him.
(b) He wore special underwear in which he can urinate.
(c) He started sleeping in the bathroom.
(d) He didn't go anymore.
4. When Mitch visited his mentor for the first time since college, where was Morrie waiting for him?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the driveway.
(c) In the study.
(d) By the front door.
5. What did Mitch hope to make a career as?
(a) As a professor.
(b) As a dancer.
(c) As a musician.
(d) As a writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mitch was younger, he had a lot of conversations with Morrie. During one of those conversations, Morrie told him that people are pulled in two directions: what they know versus what they feel and what they need versus what they want. What did Morrie answer when Mitch asked him which side wins?
2. On this first Tuesday, Mitch and Morrie started a familiar routine which occurred during all the following visits. What was their routine?
3. Which city did Mitch move to after his graduation?
4. When he was younger, Mitch always had two desires when it came to Morrie. One was to hug him. What was the other desire?
5. Morrie and Mitch agreed to see each other every week. What did they talk about the first Tuesday?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)