|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Tuesday We Talk About the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Mitch and Morrie's first visit, Morrie announced to Mitch that dying is just as sad as something else. What does he think is just as sad as dying?
(a) Being sick.
(b) Living unhappily.
(c) Living with no money.
(d) Not finding a job.
2. On that first visit, why did Mitch stay in his car instead of jumping out and greeting his mentor?
(a) He felt sick.
(b) He felt unprepared for the reunion.
(c) He had more important things to do.
(d) He was too shy to get out of the car.
3. What did Mitch buy with all the money he earns after graduating the second time?
(a) A sailboat.
(b) New computers.
(c) Fast cars and big houses.
(d) Big screen TVs.
4. The phone rang a lot during Mitch and Morrie's first visit. Why did Morrie have his nurse take all the messages?
(a) He was too sick to pick up the phone himself.
(b) He was too lazy to pick up the phone himself.
(c) He didn't want his time with Mitch being interrupted.
(d) He didn't want people calling him.
5. When Morrie's disease progressed, he had to give up a lot. What was one thing he was still able to do?
(d) Dress himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mitch was younger, he had a lot of conversations with Morrie. During one of those conversations, Morrie told him that people are pulled in two directions: what they know versus what they feel and what they need versus what they want. What did Morrie answer when Mitch asked him which side wins?
2. In the summer of which year did Morrie learn he is dying?
3. During the first Tuesday, Morrie made a promise to Mitch, a promise he had made many times before. Which promise did Morrie make?
4. Morrie and Mitch agreed to see each other every week. What did they talk about the first Tuesday?
5. Mitch had changed a lot from the person he wanted to be when he was young. What were some of the things he wanted to do back then?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)