|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Eleventh Tuesday We Talk About Our Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mitch returned to Detroit after visiting London, he was out of his newspaper job. What happened?
(a) Mitch decided he didn't want to write for the newspaper anymore.
(b) People didn't buy his newspaper anymore.
(c) The unions at his newspaper had gone on strike.
(d) Mitch got fired for staying in London too long.
2. What did Morrie answer when Mitch asked him if he could live his life over, would he would have children again?
(a) That he wouldn't have missed the experience for anything
(b) That Mitch should have children as well.
(c) That he wished he had more children.
(d) That he didn't like the experience.
3. When does society start to go bad, according to Morrie?
(a) When people are threatened by something.
(b) When people are not rich.
(c) When people realize they will die.
(d) When people are sick.
4. According to Morrie, when do you end up with a few people with everything and a military to keep the poor ones from rising up and stealing it?
(a) When you're surrounded by people who say "Let's be friends."
(b) When you're surrounded by people who say 'I want mine now,'
(c) When you're surrounded by people who say "I give you everything you want."
(d) When you're surrounded by people who say "I want to share."
5. According to Morrie, what is the biggest defect humans being have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mitch feel after he returned from London?
2. What were the rumors about the strike that cost Mitch his job?
3. In "Taking Attendance", Mitch flew to London for his job. What did he cover while he's there?
4. On the eleventh Tuesday, what did Morrie claim is a major problem in society?
5. Why was Mitch angry at his younger brother?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)