|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Nanapush bury the Pillagers?
2. Who shut the men in the meat locker?
3. Where does Fleur go in the summer of 1913?
4. What name does Nanapush give instead of his real name?
5. What happens the day after Fleur is attacked?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pauline's plan to lure Eli away from Fleur?
2. Describe what happens to the government agents who go into Fleur's woods.
3. Describe Eli and how he differs in character from his own family.
4. What does Nanapush say about gossip?
5. Describe how Pauline escapes from Argus.
6. Describe what causes Nanapush and Fleur to go a little windigo.
7. What is the town suspicious of when Fleur returns from Argus? What signs do they use to back up the rumors?
8. What is the town of Argus like?
9. Describe the ritual of burying the dead and sitting over them.
10. Describe the storm that flattens most of Argus.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of home. Margaret says the Kashpaw place is where people survive and stick together. The Pillager home seems to be plagued by turmoil and death. Why are ther different auras around each home? What do the Native Americans believe about the home and the land on which the home is built?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of gambling in the lives of Native American and in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Fleur's character. Does she change from beginning to end? How? What causes any changes?
This section contains 1,215 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)