|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Margaret have?
2. Where do the commodities come from?
(b) The convent
(c) Father Damien
3. Who is the father of Pauline's child?
(b) The lake man
4. How does Pauline get to the middle of the lake?
(a) Nanapush's boat
(b) She walks on water
(c) She swims
(d) She rides the lake monster
5. Who does Pauline fight on shore?
(b) The lake monster
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes the land money to pay the agent?
2. What happens whenever Pauline's dressings are changed?
3. Fleur plays cards with the three men who attacked her in Argus. What does Lilly pull from a shirt?
4. What does Sister Anne do that requires her to confess her sin to Father Damien?
5. What does Pauline think God tells her to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name the unusual penances Pauline imposes on herself. Why does she do these things to herself?
2. Describe how Pauline's hands are wounded for the first time.
3. Describe how Fleur gets even following the attack on Nanapush and Margaret.
4. Describe the curing ceremony and the excitement that interrupts it.
5. Why do you think Pauline is happy about the Indians losing their lands?
6. Why is Nanapush embarrassed after the attack by Clarence and Lazarre? What does Margaret do to show that she is not mad at Nanapush?
7. Describe the transformation Fleur makes after the baby's death.
8. What family does the adult Lulu want to marry into? What sort of people are they?
9. Why does Pauline panic when she and Fleur travel to the land of the dead?
10. How does Nanapush try to save Pauline just as he saved Fleur and Lulu?
This section contains 1,240 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)