|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pauline hurt her hands?
(a) Fleur cuts them with a knife
(b) She puts them in boiling water
(c) Nanapush whips her
(d) Pauline cuts them with glass
2. Who attacks Nanapush and Margaret on their way home from church?
(b) Eli Kashpaw
(c) Boy Lazarre and Clarence Morrissey
3. Who is blamed for Napoleon's death?
(d) The lake man
4. What does Fleur do when she learns what happened to Margaret?
(a) Attacks Boy and Clarence
(b) Cuts off all her hair
(c) Gets a potion from Moses
(d) Tells Maragret to move out
5. What is the poison that afflicts the reservation?
(b) White men's money
(d) Small pox
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the man tell Pauline he will meet her?
2. What does Sister Anne do that requires her to confess her sin to Father Damien?
3. What job did Nanapush once perform for the government?
4. What makes Eli Nanapush's relative?
5. What saves the Pillagers from dying?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Pauline's reasons for going to Lake Matchimanito one last time. What is her purpose and who is she waiting for?
2. What significance is there to Pauline shedding skin every time her bandages are changed?
3. Describe the reception the Pillagers give Pauline.
4. Name the unusual penances Pauline imposes on herself. Why does she do these things to herself?
5. Describe what happens when Fleur's baby tries to come early.
6. Compare Nanapush talking to keep Lulu alive to his talking to save himself and Fleur in Chapter 1.
7. Describe how Pauline's hands are wounded for the first time.
8. How does Pauline feel about Christ at the start of the chapter?
9. Describe the curing ceremony and the excitement that interrupts it.
10. Describe the transformation Fleur makes after the baby's death.
This section contains 1,218 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)