|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Fleur and Eli bury the baby in?
(a) They don't bury the baby
(b) A tree
(c) A coffin in the lake
(d) The box from Lulu's shoes
2. How many children does Sophie's husband already have?
3. How does Pauline hurt her hands?
(a) Nanapush whips her
(b) She puts them in boiling water
(c) Pauline cuts them with glass
(d) Fleur cuts them with a knife
4. What kindness does Fleur perform for Pauline?
(a) Bathes her
(b) Rescues her from the lake
(c) Gives her food
(d) Helps her hunt
5. What other news does Father Damien bring?
(a) Nector has to go live in town
(b) Moses is dead
(c) The Pillagers owe money to keep their land
(d) Pukwan is forcing the Pillagers out
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Nanapush and Nector use for their snares?
2. Who does Eli say is the father of Fleur's second child?
3. What does Pauline call the marks left by the forceps on Marie's head?
4. Where does Fleur go in the middle of the night?
5. Who takes Fleur's second baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Fleur's baby tries to come early.
2. Describe the man who comes to Pauline's room and their resulting conversation.
3. How is Eli successful in getting Fleur to give him affection again?
4. How does Pauline feel about Christ at the start of the chapter?
5. Name the unusual penances Pauline imposes on herself. Why does she do these things to herself?
6. Describe how Fleur gets even following the attack on Nanapush and Margaret.
7. Describe the curing ceremony and the excitement that interrupts it.
8. Why is Nanapush embarrassed after the attack by Clarence and Lazarre? What does Margaret do to show that she is not mad at Nanapush?
9. How does Nanapush try to save Pauline just as he saved Fleur and Lulu?
10. Describe what happens when Fleur and Pauline leave the cabin with the dead baby.
This section contains 1,198 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)