|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pauline feel no guilt over Napoleon's death?
(a) Because she feels Christ told her to kill him
(b) Because she did not know how the devil would appear
(c) Because she hated him anyway
(d) Because she is delirious
2. What causes the Pillager baldness?
(a) Fleur and Margaret having their hair cut off
(b) A curse by Pauline
(c) Old age
(d) A potion from Moses
3. How many children does Margaret have?
4. What does Nanapush tease Pauline about?
(a) Being unclean because she had sex with Napoleon
(b) Her baby
(c) Smelling and urinating only twice a day
(d) Being a nun who follows the devil
5. How does Pauline get to the middle of the lake?
(a) She walks on water
(b) She rides the lake monster
(c) Nanapush's boat
(d) She swims
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eli go after fleeing Fleur's cabin?
2. Who pronounces Pauline white and able to serve in the convent?
3. What makes Eli Nanapush's relative?
4. Fleur plays cards with the three men who attacked her in Argus. What does Lilly pull from a shirt?
5. Who takes Fleur's second baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Nanapush helps Eli hunt.
2. Describe how Nanapush and Margaret are captured by Clarence and Lazarre.
3. Describe how Pauline's hands are wounded for the first time.
4. How does Nanapush try to save Pauline just as he saved Fleur and Lulu?
5. Compare Nanapush talking to keep Lulu alive to his talking to save himself and Fleur in Chapter 1.
6. What significance is there to Pauline shedding skin every time her bandages are changed?
7. Describe the man who comes to Pauline's room and their resulting conversation.
8. Describe what happens when Fleur's baby tries to come early.
9. Why does Pauline panic when she and Fleur travel to the land of the dead?
10. What secret does Eli reveal to Nanapush about Fleur and her nighttime activities?
This section contains 1,308 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)