|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who names Fleur's child?
2. How many wives does Nanapush have before Margaret?
3. What color eyes and skin does Fleur's baby have?
(a) Blue eyes and white skin
(b) Green eyes and brown skin
(c) Brown eyes and white skin
(d) Brown eyes and brown skin
4. What name does Nanapush give instead of his real name?
(b) No Name
5. What does Margaret throw into the lake on her way to the Pillagers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which man is found barely alive?
2. What item is given to non-Christians?
3. Who does Margaret have spy on Eli and Fleur?
4. Who shoots the last bear on the day Fleur's baby is born?
5. Who is Nanapush speaking to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Bernadette does for a living.
2. What is the town suspicious of when Fleur returns from Argus? What signs do they use to back up the rumors?
3. Describe how Pauline escapes from Argus.
4. Why do you think Fleur plays poker with the men? Why does she only win one dollar each night?
5. What does Nanapush say about gossip?
6. Discuss Fleur's drowning and her association with the water man.
7. Describe Eli and how he differs in character from his own family.
8. How does Nanapush's speech to Lulu about the things he has seen and done in his life encompass the entire history of the Native American? (1st full paragraph on page 2)
9. Describe the storm that flattens most of Argus.
10. Describe what happens to the government agents who go into Fleur's woods.
This section contains 1,220 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)