|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Napoleon go to sell horses?
2. What does Pukwan do to the Pillager house?
(a) Board it up
(b) Bulldoze it
(c) Quarantine it and try to burn it down
(d) Dig a ditch around it
3. Where is Fleur attacked by the men?
(a) In the freezer
(b) In a pig sty
(c) In the Catholic church
(d) In the butcher shop
4. What is wrong with the bear?
(a) It is pregnant
(b) It is wounded
(c) It is drunk
(d) It is sick
5. What is Lazarre's first name?
(b) No Name
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pauline attempt to have a relationship with?
2. What does Clarence steal from the church?
3. Who helps Nanapush bury the Pillagers?
4. Why do the men attack Fleur?
5. Who does Pauline tell about Sophie being at the Pillagers'?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Fleur lives at Matchimanito after Nanapush revives her from the sickness.
2. Describe the storm that flattens most of Argus.
3. Describe what happens to the men who rescue Fleur from drowning.
4. Discuss the bear that appears when Lulu is born.
5. Why do you think Fleur plays poker with the men? Why does she only win one dollar each night?
6. What is the town of Argus like?
7. Why does Nanapush refuse to give his name to Father Damien, the Captain or the government agent?
8. Discuss why Pauline is drawn to Fleur when the meet in Argus.
9. How does Nanapush's speech to Lulu about the things he has seen and done in his life encompass the entire history of the Native American? (1st full paragraph on page 2)
10. Who is Margaret and what role does she begin to play in the story?
This section contains 1,206 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)