|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Fleur money to enter the poker game?
2. What is the baby's name?
(a) Fleur Nanapush
(b) Lulu Nanapush
(c) Lulu Kashpaw
(d) Lulu Fleur
3. How much does Fleur win during the first week of poker?
(c) Exactly $1 each day
(d) $5 a day
4. How is Russell related to Pauline?
(c) No relation
5. How many wives does Nanapush have before Margaret?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of year does this chapter take place?
2. Why does Margaret want to help with the birth of Fleur's child?
3. Where does Fleur go in the summer of 1913?
4. What saves Nanapush and Fleur from death?
5. What item is given to non-Christians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of Eli and Sophie's afternoon together?
2. Who is Margaret and what role does she begin to play in the story?
3. Discuss the bear that appears when Lulu is born.
4. Describe what causes Nanapush and Fleur to go a little windigo.
5. Describe what happens to the government agents who go into Fleur's woods.
6. Compare and contrast Fleur and Pauline.
7. Describe Fleur's cabin.
8. Describe how Fleur lives at Matchimanito after Nanapush revives her from the sickness.
9. Explain the relationship between Fleur and Nanapush.
10. Discuss Fleur's drowning and her association with the water man.
This section contains 1,186 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)