|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margaret get Pauline to reveal?
(a) The truth of Fleur in Argus
(b) Pauline's love of Napoleon
(c) Nanapush's love for Margaret
(d) Fleur's pregnancy
2. What is windigo?
(b) Another tribe of Indian
(c) The sickness that killed Fleur's family
(d) The name of the lake monster
3. What does Pukwan do to the Pillager house?
(a) Bulldoze it
(b) Dig a ditch around it
(c) Quarantine it and try to burn it down
(d) Board it up
4. Why does Pauline want to leave Argus?
(a) Her family told her to leave
(b) She is pregnant
(c) She has nightmares
(d) She is out of work
5. Who is Nanapush speaking to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pauline attempt to have a relationship with?
2. Why does Margaret want to help with the birth of Fleur's child?
3. What is Nanapush's daughter's nickname?
4. What happens the day after Fleur is attacked?
5. How many days do people travel the death road?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast Fleur and Pauline.
2. Describe the ritual of burying the dead and sitting over them.
3. Describe how Fleur lives at Matchimanito after Nanapush revives her from the sickness.
4. How does Nanapush's speech to Lulu about the things he has seen and done in his life encompass the entire history of the Native American? (1st full paragraph on page 2)
5. Describe what causes Nanapush and Fleur to go a little windigo.
6. Discuss why Pauline is drawn to Fleur when the meet in Argus.
7. Discuss the bear that appears when Lulu is born.
8. What is the town suspicious of when Fleur returns from Argus? What signs do they use to back up the rumors?
9. Describe what happens to the men who rescue Fleur from drowning.
10. Discuss Fleur's drowning and her association with the water man.
This section contains 1,329 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)